Plugin Contributions

help question Notifier for Contact Us Email?

Hello. I'm trying to create an add-on that will grab the contents of a submitted Contact Us form and post it to an external API. I see notifiers for sending generic emails but not one for this form. But the list in the wiki also seems to be from a slightly older version. Is there a notifier that'll do what I need or a more current list? I know I could modify the script directly but thought a notifier would be a cleaner way to implement.
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Notifier for Contact Us Email

A couple options:

If you want to do your API call before any processing of the submitted data takes place, use the 'NOTIFY_HEADER_START_CONTACT_US' hook. Do keep in mind that that hook point doesn't know whether the form has been submitted or not; it'll fire even when the contact page is merely being drawn, so you'll have to check for presence of POST data and do all your own validation before doing your API call.

Or you could fire on 'NOTIFY_EMAIL_AFTER_SEND_WITH_ALL_PARAMS' which receives an array of parameters based on the data used to prepare the email. You'll want to check the $module parameter and fire only when it's equal to 'contact_us'. The array is: array($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject, $email_html, $text, $module, $ErrorInfo))

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.