Plugin Contributions

Default Set an attribute as automatic default selection?

Is there a way to set a certain attribute to be the default selection automatically when a new product is added without having to manually select it for each product?

It's really not so bad when I upload a few products to hand check them but when I do a mass price update (via EZ Populate), all the Default attributes are turned off and I have to spend an entire day turning them all back on.

I'd like a default selection because some customers are failing to check anything and then wonder why there is nothing to download.

Lindee

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Set an attribute as automatic default selection?

Quote Originally Posted by LindeeG View Post
    Is there a way to set a certain attribute to be the default selection automatically when a new product is added without having to manually select it for each product?

It's really not so bad when I upload a few products to hand check them but when I do a mass price update (via EZ Populate), all the Default attributes are turned off and I have to spend an entire day turning them all back on.

I'd like a default selection because some customers are failing to check anything and then wonder why there is nothing to download.

Lindee
    That doesn't seem to make sense that the existing attribute selections get affected when using Easy Populate. Could you provide an example row of data (with headers) of such a file, and the filename being used to update the cart?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Here's the header row:
    v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_model v_products_image ArtworkBy v_specials_price v_products_price v_specials_date_avail v_products_quantity v_specials_expires_date v_stitches v_size v_designColors v_technique v_products_formats v_products_collection v_products_color_list v_design_Keywords v_metatags_keywords_1 v_metatags_title_1 v_metatags_description_1 v_products_image_source v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 products_attributes_filename_1_1 products_attributes_maxcount_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 products_attributes_filename_1_2 products_attributes_maxcount_1_2 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 products_attributes_filename_1_3 products_attributes_maxcount_1_3 v_attribute_values_id_1_4 v_attribute_values_price_1_4 v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1 products_attributes_filename_1_4 products_attributes_maxcount_1_4 v_attribute_values_id_1_5 v_attribute_values_price_1_5 v_attribute_values_name_1_5_1 products_attributes_filename_1_5 products_attributes_maxcount_1_5 v_attribute_values_id_1_6 v_attribute_values_price_1_6 v_attribute_values_name_1_6_1 products_attributes_filename_1_6 products_attributes_maxcount_1_6 v_attribute_values_id_1_7 v_attribute_values_price_1_7 v_attribute_values_name_1_7_1 products_attributes_filename_1_7 products_attributes_maxcount_1_7 v_attribute_values_id_1_8 v_attribute_values_price_1_8 v_attribute_values_name_1_8_1 products_attributes_filename_1_8 products_attributes_maxcount_1_8 v_attribute_values_id_1_9 v_attribute_values_price_1_9 v_attribute_values_name_1_9_1 products_attributes_filename_1_9 products_attributes_maxcount_1_9 v_attribute_values_id_1_10 v_attribute_values_price_1_10 v_attribute_values_name_1_10_1 products_attributes_filename_1_10 products_attributes_maxcount_1_10 v_attribute_values_id_1_11 v_attribute_values_price_1_11 v_attribute_values_name_1_11_1 products_attributes_filename_1_11 products_attributes_maxcount_1_11 v_attribute_values_id_1_12 v_attribute_values_price_1_12 v_attribute_values_name_1_12_1 products_attributes_filename_1_12 products_attributes_maxcount_1_12 v_attribute_values_id_1_13 v_attribute_values_price_1_13 v_attribute_values_name_1_13_1 products_attributes_filename_1_13 products_attributes_maxcount_1_13 v_attribute_values_id_1_14 v_attribute_values_price_1_14 v_attribute_values_name_1_14_1 products_attributes_filename_1_14 products_attributes_maxcount_1_14 v_attribute_values_id_1_15 v_attribute_values_price_1_15 v_attribute_values_name_1_15_1 products_attributes_filename_1_15 products_attributes_maxcount_1_15 v_attribute_values_id_1_16 v_attribute_values_price_1_16 v_attribute_values_name_1_16_1 products_attributes_filename_1_16 products_attributes_maxcount_1_16 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 products_attributes_filename_2_1 products_attributes_maxcount_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_3_1 v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1 products_attributes_filename_3_1 products_attributes_maxcount_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_2 v_attribute_values_price_3_2 v_attribute_values_name_3_2_1 products_attributes_filename_3_2 products_attributes_maxcount_3_2 v_attribute_values_id_3_3 v_attribute_values_price_3_3 v_attribute_values_name_3_3_1 products_attributes_filename_3_3 products_attributes_maxcount_3_3 v_attribute_options_id_4 v_attribute_options_name_4_1 v_attribute_values_id_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_1 v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1 products_attributes_filename_4_1 products_attributes_maxcount_4_1 v_manufacturers_name v_date_avail v_attributes_default_1_1 v_attributes_default_1_2 v_attributes_default_1_3 v_attributes_default_1_4 v_attributes_default_1_5 v_attributes_default_1_6 v_attributes_default_1_7 v_attributes_default_1_8 v_attributes_default_1_9 v_attributes_default_1_10 v_attributes_default_1_11 v_attributes_default_1_12 v_attributes_default_1_13 v_attributes_default_1_14 v_attributes_default_1_15 v_attributes_default_1_16 v_attributes_default_2_1 v_attributes_default_3_1 v_attributes_default_3_2 v_attributes_default_3_3 v_attributes_default_4_1

It is uploading to a custom product type. (I didn't set it up…) I'm building the table in Filemaker Pro from the product data, export as csv, and open and resave in LibreOffice to get a readable file. I did create the Filemaker bit but hired a contractor to set up the product type and the EZ Populate bit. It will upload all the product attribute info but I don't know how to set the attribute's attributes (Default, for example).

Filename is something like "ezpop_2014_05_20.csv" or whatever the date is and is calculated as part of the Filemaker script.

Plugin Contributions

Well it took me longer than 7 minutes to edit the last message. Here's what it should say:

It's not letting me attach a file so I'll just paste in the header & 1 row of data. I've x'd out some links.

v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_model v_products_image ArtworkBy v_specials_price v_products_price v_specials_date_avail v_products_quantity v_specials_expires_date v_stitches v_size v_designColors v_technique v_products_formats v_products_collection v_products_color_list v_design_Keywords v_metatags_keywords_1 v_metatags_title_1 v_metatags_description_1 v_products_image_source v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 products_attributes_filename_1_1 products_attributes_maxcount_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 products_attributes_filename_1_2 products_attributes_maxcount_1_2 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 products_attributes_filename_1_3 products_attributes_maxcount_1_3 v_attribute_values_id_1_4 v_attribute_values_price_1_4 v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1 products_attributes_filename_1_4 products_attributes_maxcount_1_4 v_attribute_values_id_1_5 v_attribute_values_price_1_5 v_attribute_values_name_1_5_1 products_attributes_filename_1_5 products_attributes_maxcount_1_5 v_attribute_values_id_1_6 v_attribute_values_price_1_6 v_attribute_values_name_1_6_1 products_attributes_filename_1_6 products_attributes_maxcount_1_6 v_attribute_values_id_1_7 v_attribute_values_price_1_7 v_attribute_values_name_1_7_1 products_attributes_filename_1_7 products_attributes_maxcount_1_7 v_attribute_values_id_1_8 v_attribute_values_price_1_8 v_attribute_values_name_1_8_1 products_attributes_filename_1_8 products_attributes_maxcount_1_8 v_attribute_values_id_1_9 v_attribute_values_price_1_9 v_attribute_values_name_1_9_1 products_attributes_filename_1_9 products_attributes_maxcount_1_9 v_attribute_values_id_1_10 v_attribute_values_price_1_10 v_attribute_values_name_1_10_1 products_attributes_filename_1_10 products_attributes_maxcount_1_10 v_attribute_values_id_1_11 v_attribute_values_price_1_11 v_attribute_values_name_1_11_1 products_attributes_filename_1_11 products_attributes_maxcount_1_11 v_attribute_values_id_1_12 v_attribute_values_price_1_12 v_attribute_values_name_1_12_1 products_attributes_filename_1_12 products_attributes_maxcount_1_12 v_attribute_values_id_1_13 v_attribute_values_price_1_13 v_attribute_values_name_1_13_1 products_attributes_filename_1_13 products_attributes_maxcount_1_13 v_attribute_values_id_1_14 v_attribute_values_price_1_14 v_attribute_values_name_1_14_1 products_attributes_filename_1_14 products_attributes_maxcount_1_14 v_attribute_values_id_1_15 v_attribute_values_price_1_15 v_attribute_values_name_1_15_1 products_attributes_filename_1_15 products_attributes_maxcount_1_15 v_attribute_values_id_1_16 v_attribute_values_price_1_16 v_attribute_values_name_1_16_1 products_attributes_filename_1_16 products_attributes_maxcount_1_16 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 products_attributes_filename_2_1 products_attributes_maxcount_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_1 v_attribute_values_price_3_1 v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1 products_attributes_filename_3_1 products_attributes_maxcount_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_3_2 v_attribute_values_price_3_2 v_attribute_values_name_3_2_1 products_attributes_filename_3_2 products_attributes_maxcount_3_2 v_attribute_values_id_3_3 v_attribute_values_price_3_3 v_attribute_values_name_3_3_1 products_attributes_filename_3_3 products_attributes_maxcount_3_3 v_attribute_options_id_4 v_attribute_options_name_4_1 v_attribute_values_id_4_1 v_attribute_values_price_4_1 v_attribute_values_name_4_1_1 products_attributes_filename_4_1 products_attributes_maxcount_4_1 v_manufacturers_name v_date_avail v_attributes_default_1_1 v_attributes_default_1_2 v_attributes_default_1_3 v_attributes_default_1_4 v_attributes_default_1_5 v_attributes_default_1_6 v_attributes_default_1_7 v_attributes_default_1_8 v_attributes_default_1_9 v_attributes_default_1_10 v_attributes_default_1_11 v_attributes_default_1_12 v_attributes_default_1_13 v_attributes_default_1_14 v_attributes_default_1_15 v_attributes_default_1_16 v_attributes_default_2_1 v_attributes_default_3_1 v_attributes_default_3_2 v_attributes_default_3_3 v_attributes_default_4_1
    By Topic Redwork, Outline Decorative Design 8, small <p>For a creative idea using designs from this collection, see YouTube video, <a href=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/user/LindeeGVideos#p/u/10/ovhfoBKgCYo&quot;>Quilted Corners Inked Wallhanging</a>.<p>Artwork by Clipartoon and manually digitized (not autopunched) by Lindee G Embroidery using high-end professional software.</p><h4>Color Sequence</h4> 1: Design - Medium Aquamarine (Hemingworth 1195); 1375 st. 4.7 m<br /><br /><br /><p><strong>View design details:</strong> <a href="xxxx">lgs01508-details.pdf</a><table width="682"border="1"cellspacing="5"cellpadding="5"> <tr> <td width="682"><p><strong>IMPORTANT!</strong><br /> <strong>You must select the desired formats before checking out!</strong> <strong>Additions or changes cannot be made after purchasing.</strong> </p> <p>All downloads are zipped. You must use a suitable unzip utility to extract the designs. In some cases, instructions may be included with the color sequences. </p> <p>DST is the default. It is recommended that you download it in addition to any formats required by your machine. Some older home formats are split due to color or stitch count</p></td> </tr> </table> lgs01508 lg_products/lgs015/lgs01508.jpg Clipartoon 2 1000 1383 88.9 x 86.4 mm (3.5 x 3.4") 1 color, 0 change Direct embroidery .DST, .EXP; .HUS, .JEF, .PES, .VP3 <p>This design is one of 33 in <a href="xxxx">(lgs015) Quilted Corners</a>. quilting single color monochromatic line art quilting, single color, monochromatic, line art, .DST, .EXP, .HUS, .JEF, .PCM, .PCS, .PES, .SEW, .VP3, .XXX, Lindee G Embroidery, machine embroidery designs Design 8, small (lgs01508) Design 8, small, a multi-format machine embroidery design from collection Quilted Corners available for immediate download at Lindee G Embroidery. Rendered 3 Available Formats 16 0 DST lgs01508dst.zip 10 17 0 EXP lgs01508exp.zip 10 18 0 HUS lgs01508hus.zip 10 19 0 JEF lgs01508jef.zip 10 21 0 PES lgs01508pes.zip 10 57 0 VP3 lgs01508vp3.zip 10 Lindee G Embroidery 2013-05-02 1 0 0 0 0 0

It is uploading to a custom product type. (I didn't set it up…) I'm building the table in Filemaker Pro from the product data, export as csv, and open and resave in LibreOffice to get a readable file. I did create the Filemaker bit but hired a contractor to set up the product type and the EZ Populate bit. It will upload all the product attribute info but I don't know how to set the attribute's attributes (Default, for example). I'm really totally unknowledgeable about the EZ Populate part except how to run it and upload the files. It is an older version of EZ populate and when the contractor upgraded Zen Cart to 1.5.1, the new version of EZ Populate didn't work and he didn't know how to fix it so I installed the old one and it worked.

Filename is "ezpop_2014_05_20.csv" or whatever the date is and is calculated as part of the Filemaker script.

Plugin Contributions

So, now I see the cause of the issue. The custom coding part. My upfront suggestion, respecting the work of the coder, would be to ask for that additional field to be included in the import/export of the data.

Most likely the code in question for the export is covered in the admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/easypopulate_4_functions.php file. In there is probably a case option relating to ezpop. It may be named otherwise, with the name likely to be in the admin/easypopulate.php file identified following the ?export= statement for the option designed for you.

In that case area of the functions file, is a list of table attributes to export. Basically would want to include the field(s) needed to identify the desired attribute's attribute.

But, now that I reread your post and see that EP4 supposedly didn't work for you (not sure why) the above doesn't exactly help, though I would think there is a similar action necessary in the version you have.

Import is a different story a little, as the particular field needs to be pushed to the right table which is not the default products table, and therefore needs to have some additional coding to push the attribute's attribute to the correct table.

At the moment, I'm not sure why the existing setting would be modified if there is nothing that may have changed from the current record or if the changes made do not include a change to the non-existent field(s) in question. (Possibly the code deletes then inserts the record regardless of the changes made?)

The way I see it though, if a new record is added, then the database prepopulates that field with the default for that field (more than likely a zero). Which would occur if the routine is to delete the existing record and then insert it as a "new" record.

That's my 2 cents worth. EP4 has the requested field(s) as part of the attribute detailed import/export, but it would have to be installed (and functional) to support your requested options.

Perhaps more assistance can be provided if you are able to identify what version of EP was installed/modified.

Plugin Contributions

The version is Easy Populate 1.2.5.5.csv.2

Would the reason that EP4 didn't work is that it wasn't configured in some way for this file layout?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LindeeG View Post
    The version is Easy Populate 1.2.5.5.csv.2

Would the reason that EP4 didn't work is that it wasn't configured in some way for this file layout?
    If by "not working" was meant that the desired file/filetype was attempted and all of the included data was not incorporated, then yes it would be because EP4 is by default only setup to handle certain options. Like all things Zen it can be customized, but is beyond the out of box default. It could be made possible.

It definitely helps to understand in future posts what "does not wor" means.

Plugin Contributions

I have found apsona store manager to be a lot easier to use and configure. I never touch easypopulate any more. http://apsona.com/pages/ec/signup.html It is free and they normally push changes out from their server so that updating usually isn't necessary.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com