Default Integrating with Constant Contact

I am currently attempting to provide a link for my customers to be able to subscribe to my employer's emails (constant contact) on our zen cart website. Changing contact providers (such as Mail Chimp or other providers) is not an option.

I have found the download on the zen cart webpage but I am unable to understand how to integrate that into my template. I have basic knowledge of css and such but require layman's terms for any changes that need to be made. Please let me know if there is a way to just copy and paste the link into an ez-page.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linking Constant Contact to Zen Cart

You just want an external link to be available as an ez-page?

Well I'm not familiar with the history of changes to the ezpages from 1.3.7 up to the current 1.5.1 (to which it is suggested your site be upgraded), but basically create an ezpage, identify where on pages it should be available (header, sidebox, footer, etc) give it a sort order other than zero. In the external links section, provide the link to the signup. Also identify if clicking the link should open a new page, and a few other options that are fairly self explanatory.

Other than that, well,I would say that a lot more information should be provided to help, such as what is this thing that was downloaded, what changes are being described as needed, etc...

It would be my guess, but few are probably still using that version of ZC.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Thank you! I already understand how the ez pages work, I am just confused as to how to apply the download (found at http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=964) to my ez page, or possibly even just leaving the link on my main page.

Plugin Contributions

It appears that mod provides a sign up sidebox for customers to provide their addresses. There's a readme file included that explains the installation.

Also, if your employer is really using Zencart version 1.3.7, your first priority should be to upgrade to at least 1.3.9h and preferably 1.51. Your site is a hack waiting to happen.

Okay thank you. I will get right on that. Do you have any suggestions for where to look for how-to instructions for upgrading?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nchgalleries View Post
    Okay thank you. I will get right on that. Do you have any suggestions for where to look for how-to instructions for upgrading?
    One of the many links found by doing an advanced search on the FAQs with the keyword of upgrade resulted in:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...pgrade-my-site

I believe that the documentation in the newer version of ZC also has instructions. I am not sure if the 1.3.9 version does though if you only upgrade to that.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nchgalleries View Post
    Thank you!
    Welcome and good luck, the forum is "always open" to find help as a possibility.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am applying this plug in on my v.1.5.8 site and after uploading the 3 files and running the SQL statement, I see the sidebox and can turn it on in the Layout Boxes Controller, but when going to Admin->Config I do not have a Constant Contact Configuration option.

Would you have an ideas why??

When I turn on the sidebox in Layout Boxes, it appears on my website saying "Your Heading Here" and throws no errors in the Debug Log.

As there are no files that were uploaded to any Admin directories with this plug in.....have I missed something and this was an addon to another plug in that I should also be installing??

Thank you in advance for your help,

Jeff