Plugin Contributions

Default Global pay integration/module

Hello,
    Please i need to integrate a global pay module (API) to my zen website in order to accept card payment. So far i haven't found any success on doing that. Does any one know where i can find zen documentation on payment gateway integration. Thank you. Will appreciate any assistance so far.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Global pay integration/module

Searching the Web for Global Pay results in a swamp of obvious scammers. Please provide a link to the exact payment processor you're referring to and the reason you want to use them.

Plugin Contributions

thank you for responding. I can assure you i or the client we are working with is in no way involve in scam or what ever. The bank we that issued us a GLOBAL PAY API is called ZENITH BANK.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Searching the Web for Global Pay results in a swamp of obvious scammers. Please provide a link to the exact payment processor you're referring to and the reason you want to use them.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

High-level overview:

Writing a payment integration takes a strong understanding of that payment provider's API.

Consider the Authorize.net AIM payment module as an example.
    The various functions (actually "methods") in that class handle different stages of checkout, and most of them are documented in docblocks in the code.
    Essentially you must map each of the fields that are to be submitted via the API into appropriate objects in your payment module, and then transmit it using whatever prescribed method is documented in the API.

If you use a text-file-compare tool like winmerge to compare the authorizenet_aim.php module against the linkpoint_api.php module you'll see the differences between two modules using different APIs, which will give you essential clues necessary when cloning either one for your own use. You'll see the differences in class names and constants, and so on.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    High-level overview:

Writing a payment integration takes a strong understanding of that payment provider's API.

Consider the Authorize.net AIM payment module as an example.
    The various functions (actually "methods") in that class handle different stages of checkout, and most of them are documented in docblocks in the code.
    Essentially you must map each of the fields that are to be submitted via the API into appropriate objects in your payment module, and then transmit it using whatever prescribed method is documented in the API.

If you use a text-file-compare tool like winmerge to compare the authorizenet_aim.php module against the linkpoint_api.php module you'll see the differences between two modules using different APIs, which will give you essential clues necessary when cloning either one for your own use. You'll see the differences in class names and constants, and so on.
    thank you so much DrByte. I feel so educated right now. I am also starting to consult with other professionals coders and your response is one which i have also forwarded to them to help us push forward.