Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dover Fine Responsive Template

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I'll take a look at this for a future template update ;) For now, if you do not want to use the slide show on the main page, you can remove the code from the tpl_main_page.php file.

Thanks,

Anne
    To remove the slideshow, would these be lines 97 through 157 (I haven't edited the file) of tpl_main_page.php?

Or rather beginning with:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

if ($this_is_home_page) {
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/jquery.easing.min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/supersized.3.2.7.min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/supersized.shutter.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
                jQuery(function($){
                $.supersized({

and ending with:

PHP Code:
    <div id="slidecaption"></div>

<?php
    }
    ?>

<?php

?>
    Also, I would like to edit and use define main page but when I do, (after disabling the slideshow) anything I enter into the main page is set off to the left of the page underneath the menu.

This also happens when I setup layout settings to display categories on main page.

Here are a couple of pics (I'm still messing with the color scheme so please disregard) that illustrate the problem:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem-1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	14454

Name:	problem-2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	14455

What would I need to change to get both the main page as defined in define main page and categories on main page to display correctly?

Thank you for your assistance and thank you for offering a few of your templates for free. I know it's a lot of work and that you don't have to offer templates free of charge or even answer our questions... that you do is greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
    To remove the slideshow, would these be lines 97 through 157 (I haven't edited the file) of tpl_main_page.php?

Or rather beginning with:
    PHP Code:
    <?php

if ($this_is_home_page) {
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/jquery.easing.min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/supersized.3.2.7.min.js"></script>
            <script type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/dover_fine/jscript/supersized.shutter.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
                jQuery(function($){
                $.supersized({

and ending with:

PHP Code:
    <div id="slidecaption"></div>

<?php
    }
    ?>

<?php

?>
    Also, I would like to edit and use define main page but when I do, (after disabling the slideshow) anything I enter into the main page is set off to the left of the page underneath the menu.

This also happens when I setup layout settings to display categories on main page.

Here are a couple of pics (I'm still messing with the color scheme so please disregard) that illustrate the problem:

Name:	problem-1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	14454

Name:	problem-2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	14455

What would I need to change to get both the main page as defined in define main page and categories on main page to display correctly?

Thank you for your assistance and thank you for offering a few of your templates for free. I know it's a lot of work and that you don't have to offer templates free of charge or even answer our questions... that you do is greatly appreciated.
    Yes, that is the code to remove.

Since I have not added any css for the define main page content or main page categories, you will have to add these styles. If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Yes, that is the code to remove.

Since I have not added any css for the define main page content or main page categories, you will have to add these styles. If you post a link to your site I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne
    I hope you don't mind me Private Messaging you but I've been reading about not posting links on forums or other locations that aren't related to the purpose of our site as it may dilute link juice or something to that effect. I'm a newbie to zencart and php in general but I am interested in getting into the habit of best practices. If I am mistaken, please excuse my ignorance.

That said, I PM'ed you with the link to the site. I hope this is something that isn't too complicated to fix as I really do enjoy your templates!

Plugin Contributions

I hope you don't mind me Private Messaging you but I've been reading about not posting links on forums or other locations that aren't related to the purpose of our site as it may dilute link juice or something to that effect. I'm a newbie to zencart and php in general but I am interested in getting into the habit of best practices. If I am mistaken, please excuse my ignorance.
    Some of that may be true. But you might just PM someone before they go on holiday for two weeks and then be without help. In the Posting Tips, you'll find the last statement
    *NOTE: Search engines index this Zen Cart® support site very quickly. Posting your URL will cause your site and your post to show up in search engines. If you want to prevent that, put spaces between each letter of the domain name in your URL.
    You can also post as mydomainDOTcom. Any disguise will work and allow more folks to take a look and possibly provide an answer. And, the more information you provide (answers to the posting tips), the more folks can assist. Often, someone other than the mod author may be already working on the very thing you are inquiring about.
    Knowledge is power.

Plugin Contributions

That said, I PM'ed you with the link to the site. I hope this is something that isn't too complicated to fix as I really do enjoy your templates!
    Yes, please do post to the forum as I do not check pms regularly.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Ok. Thanks dbltoe and Anne for the info.

You can see the problem I am experiencing here:

a ga ve imp orts .com

BTW, thanks in advance to anyone and everyone who may know how to fix the problem and is kind enough to help out.

Plugin Contributions

Anne,
    Thanx again for your work on templates. Always excellent work.
    I do have an area you may want to look at in your spare time. Not sure it affects other of the responsive templates as I have not had the time to investigate them.
    Here's the scenario:
    New Server, with linux 2.6.32 Apache 2.2.27
    PHP 5.4.3
    mysql 5.5.37

Load latest 1.5.3 with patch. No demo items and no mods. Click on All Products. "More products will be added soon. Please check back later."

Add Dover. Still with no items or mods. Click on All Products. "TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS"

In looking this over, I find that there are many differences between the includes/templates/dover/templates/tpl_products_all_default.php and the template_default version of the file.

I understand that the file is changed for columnar product listing but I believe it should be calling (on line 18) tpl_modules_products_all_listing.php.

Changing the the tpl_products_all_default.php and adding the tpl_modules_products_all_listing.php to the Dover templates folder gives the expected response BUT When other products are added, it fails.
    I don't see this as a problem when there are products so it's not a priority. Just thought you should be aware.

THANX again for your work.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 27 Aug 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I just want info about product tabs. We are given option for custom tabs. I want to change tabs and add a new tab of FAQ. I saw how to edit the tabs. However i want to know that how can we add information of a tab according to the product. Like every product on display has a different FAQ, so how do i add information for every specific product.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by flemingo View Post
    Hi,

I just want info about product tabs. We are given option for custom tabs. I want to change tabs and add a new tab of FAQ. I saw how to edit the tabs. However i want to know that how can we add information of a tab according to the product. Like every product on display has a different FAQ, so how do i add information for every specific product.
    To be fair to Anne, your FAQ question has no relevance to this template. But what you are asking for can be done with swguys boilerplate mod? He gives instructions on his website to do such a thing to show specific content for a certain product. Search the zencart site for swguy and he has a link in his signature.

As a quick mention, you will have to modify his code a bit to work what you want. So what you will have to do is to create your language define array with the list of product numbers instead of a word. From there you can just list your FAQ in that define file OR create separate define pages. Don't know which way would be easier for you, but you have options.

Plugin Contributions

Enzo,
    Since your site is down for maintenance, we can only see the first page.
    Couple of suggestions.
    1. Use Firefox browser with either firebug or Web Developer add-ons. Both are invaluable in telling your where something is happening.
    2. Since you have loaded a responsive template, go to quirktools.com and click on Screenfly. Taking a look at your layout in 12" netbook versus a 13" Notebook.

These helpers are in constant use here.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast