Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dover Fine Responsive Template

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Hi,

It's 1:30 am my time and I just uploaded and installed this nice template in minutes before going to bed. Haven't yet looked at instructions or tooled around much. But, unless I'm not seeing properly this late, I do not see the shopping cart or the account/login info on homepage in desktop mode. Is this correct?

They do show in reduced size mode.

www.prommart.com
    Yes, this is correct. If you want this info on the home page you can add it to a sidebox. If you check the plugins section you will probably find something for this ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Yes, this is correct. If you want this info on the home page you can add it to a sidebox. If you check the plugins section you will probably find something for this ;)

Thanks,

Anne
    Hmmm...I would have thought that having a link to the Account/Login on the homepage in desktop mode would be a given. How else would a customer know how to get to their account login in on homepage in desktop mode? As I understand it, this is not a bug but a design error. Still a great template.

Putting something like "My Account" in the Information section on the bottom left would be best - if not at top near search box or someplace.

Perhaps I can figure out a sidebox, but then it'd be on every page.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm...I would have thought that having a link to the Account/Login on the homepage in desktop mode would be a given. How else would a customer know how to get to their account login in on homepage in desktop mode? As I understand it, this is not a bug but a design error. Still a great template.

Putting something like "My Account" in the Information section on the bottom left would be best - if not at top near search box or someplace.

What you are asking for is not difficult at all. Just take the code to echo the information and place it in "li" tags where you want it. So if you want it in the information section just add it there. Understand that even if you feel its a design error you are free to do whatever you want. She provides free templates which can be used as a base and the owner can do any modifications they want.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    Anne this one is awesome!!
    Awesome indeed! Well done!

Plugin Contributions

The code is already on the page. There is a display:none hiding it in the index_home.css file. If you want it to show you will need to remove the display:none and then add a z-index so that it will show above the slide show.

It is not an error on my part. I did purposely hide everything from the main page so that the full screen slide show would be the star.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaritai View Post
    What you are asking for is not difficult at all. Just take the code to echo the information and place it in "li" tags where you want it. So if you want it in the information section just add it there. Understand that even if you feel its a design error you are free to do whatever you want. She provides free templates which can be used as a base and the owner can do any modifications they want.
    Thanks, I may try that.

I also understand and appreciate all of the free templates Picaflor Azul provides. IMO she is one of the inner circle of contributors that keeps zencart at the top.

Nobody is perfect, though, and maybe it's just me but I think that a customer in desktop mode should be able to login/register from the homepage. Ecommerce is difficult enough without puting a hurdle in their path. Afterall, the login/register info is in the reduced size mode.

I do see that in reduced size mode that the login information IS in the Information section. Perhaps I'll try your suggestion and get it there in desktop mode.

Thanks again.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    The code is already on the page. There is a display:none hiding it in the index_home.css file. If you want it to show you will need to remove the display:none and then add a z-index so that it will show above the slide show.

It is not an error on my part. I did purposely hide everything from the main page so that the full screen slide show would be the star.

Thanks,

Anne

Hi,

I fully appreciate your design thought and agree that it probably wouldn't look good encroaching on the slide show in any manner.

I may try to get it in the Information section, as per Yaritai.

Thanks again for the great template...probably the most inspired yet!
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I fully appreciate your design thought and agree that it probably wouldn't look good encroaching on the slide show in any manner.

I may try to get it in the Information section, as per Yaritai.

Thanks again for the great template...probably the most inspired yet!
    Since I see that the account info may be of importance for your site, you may not want to stick it in the information side box. There are 2 possible ways I see fit for your purpose.

1) If you do not use the "more information" sidebox, you may just want to place the customer service links there and then move it to wherever you want in the sort. Just change the heading to what you see fit.
    2) But if you do use the "more information" sidebox then just get a blank sidebox or clone a stock ZC one and place the links there.

In another sidebox it would give you control over where you want it in the left navigation and be easy to move it around to your liking for final position.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaritai View Post
    Since I see that the account info may be of importance for your site, you may not want to stick it in the information side box. There are 2 possible ways I see fit for your purpose.

1) If you do not use the "more information" sidebox, you may just want to place the customer service links there and then move it to wherever you want in the sort. Just change the heading to what you see fit.
    2) But if you do use the "more information" sidebox then just get a blank sidebox or clone a stock ZC one and place the links there.

In another sidebox it would give you control over where you want it in the left navigation and be easy to move it around to your liking for final position.
    You could also put it in the blank sidebox which is included with the template. Currently the social media icons are the only thing in the blank sidebox so you could add them either above or below the icons.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Okay, putting a My Account link in the blank sidebox seems too difficult for me now (I know, even the simplest things can become big) and the More Information sidebox didn't appear when I turned it on. So I think I've solved my "issue" with the ezpage sidebox with just a link to My Account. Actually, the ezpage sidebox was my first thought since I've used it in the past.

Now I'm thinking of a potentially more serious issue. The lack of text content on the homepage. The slide pics are very nice and dramatic but everything I've read here at zc indicates that there should be some text.

And looking at the "main page text" in admin I just saw why I kept seeing the GHOST of the Winchester New/Featured home images: I brought it over to this template. duh. But trying text makes it hidden at the top near the logo. I wonder if text can be added maybe at the bottom below the slide? But that probably wouldn't look good.

So the choice is looks vs content text?
    Steve
    prommart.com

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast