Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dover Fine Responsive Template

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Thank you for your input ;) Are you talking about the slimmenu? or the flyout menu (used from the fidelity template by sam wilson 3d)? As far as I know, both of these menus are switching the on hover to on click when the screen size reaches a certain width (slimmenu is 768px).

So, if I understand correctly, these tablet devices have a screen size larger than the 768 pixels and the on hovers are not changing to on clicks?

Thanks,

Anne
    It was a mistake on my part as I didn't really look into the menu being used for this one. I see that the slimmenu is still being used but only the responsive toggle mode. And for the dover, it is using a flyout menu while the westminster/winchester is using the slimmenu full mode. So for the latter 2, both have hover as its main functionality. Rbauror is correct in that it does switch based on screen size which you have set the resizeWidth to 768px. So basically the issue of hover conflicts with tablet landscape in that the flyout and full mode slimmenu will show. And with hover needed to work, it won't respond to tablets in landscape.

So when I mentioned to modify it to use click instead of hover, I was speaking of when it was in the latter 2 views not the responsive toggle view.

But going back to user agents it is not the issue, I was only commenting on that as another user of the template kept referencing to user agents multiple times and wanted to address that. But to address the click/hover functionality, what I would do is to detect touch devices and then override the hover. Personally, that would be my sollution IF I used the template with the slimmenu built in. But since I had took away the code, I have not really dealt with it as it was out of sight out of mind.

However, I have completed a site using your westminster template and want to share 1 of the changes I did that I think would help functionality. This is for the easy responsive tabs. I had taken that code completely off as when it is in ACCORDION MODE, you may recognize that IF any of the accordion sections have content that is long like the description and reviews, any click on another section will move everything up and the visitor has to scroll up to view the start of the new section.

SOLUTION: Basically, I was browsing your older templates to see what was being used prior and I felt I found a very good compromise. I have used your accordion from your older version responsive templates. Bascially for those, it does not close the prior section so it does not force the user to scroll back up. So what I have done is to basically use TPP as the desktop/tablet view while the older accordion script for the phone view. You can add tablet to the accordion view as well, but for my friends purpose he opted to exclude it.

So bascially, it is a fairly simple coding which mobile detect does the calls. Just take the same logic from the calls in the header to pull the tpl_header files. Since my friend uses no switches this is the slimmed down version without sessions:

Code:
    if ($detect->isMobile() && !$detect->isTablet() ) {
        // phone device calls here 
        // such as echoing the div's for the accordion: layer, heading and content
        // also used for calling the tpl_dgreview.php to force reviews when TPP not being used (NOTE: TPP does not need this as TPP calls the correct  files from product_reviews both the header and template files accordingly.)

} else {
        // tablet and desktop calls here
        // such as calling the TPP code in 3 places
    }
    This is what I deem to be the best for functionality IF long accordion sections are used. Basically, over time a visitor who keeps opening up the accordions and has to scroll up to the start of the section may get frustrated and may interfere with sales.

Plugin Contributions

I'm playing with customizations for this template and would like to change the background color for the menu items in the left column (categories, information, etc.). I'm having trouble finding the right setting in the CSS files to do this.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by grumpkat View Post
    I'm playing with customizations for this template and would like to change the background color for the menu items in the left column (categories, information, etc.). I'm having trouble finding the right setting in the CSS files to do this.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
    If you post a link to your site, I can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, it's http://www.artfullyblessed.com/shop/.

I'm transitioning from my old template, so there's lots of work to do! I'm also stuck on the page name in the browser tab. I know I updated it using the instructions in the readme file, but it must be pulling copy from somewhere else.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by grumpkat View Post
    Thanks, it's http://www.artfullyblessed.com/shop/.

I'm transitioning from my old template, so there's lots of work to do! I'm also stuck on the page name in the browser tab. I know I updated it using the instructions in the readme file, but it must be pulling copy from somewhere else.
    For the browser tab edit the includes/languages/english/dover_fine/meta_tags.php file. Be sure that when you upload your changes you overwrite the file on your server.

You can change the background for the left column in includes/templates/dover_fine/images/left-bk,png

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    You can change the background for the left column in includes/templates/dover_fine/images/left-bk,png
    Thanks, I found that image, but what I'm struggling with is the background behind the menu items that fades in when you hover over them. I was able to edit it for the Categories, but I can't find the right CSS for the other sections like Information, Specials, All Products, etc. Is there a global CSS setting for all these menu items, or do they need to be styled individually?

Plugin Contributions

I have been working on a new installation of 1.51 zen and everything has been working fine EXCEPT when I installed Dover Theme then all hell broke loose. I have lost my front door and admin connection. I have tried to back out of this by deleting all the Dover Theme files but I still have a blank screen. I even tried re-installing zen in a new folder connecting to my database but no database connection has occurred. HELP.

Beth

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by motherwestwind View Post
    I have been working on a new installation of 1.51 zen and everything has been working fine EXCEPT when I installed Dover Theme then all hell broke loose. I have lost my front door and admin connection. I have tried to back out of this by deleting all the Dover Theme files but I still have a blank screen. I even tried re-installing zen in a new folder connecting to my database but no database connection has occurred. HELP.

Beth
    I don't think the problems are template related if you uploded the files correctly. I would recommend looking at your logs folder and correcting any errors.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hello Ann First let me say I love this template by far the best I have seen with that said I have started to add my product to the site and making the social media changes for my site and on my desk top useing firefox chrome and internet explorer all work fantastic however when I look at my site on my galaxy note2 phone everything looks good but the social links still point to your site I also tried on galaxy S3 and samething it points to your site but when I tested on my galaxy note tablet 10.1 it points to my links so im thinking something with screen size can you please help. the site is http://www.southbeachelegance.com/boutique/index.php any help would be great Thank you
    Scott

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sobe_Elegance View Post
    Hello Ann First let me say I love this template by far the best I have seen with that said I have started to add my product to the site and making the social media changes for my site and on my desk top useing firefox chrome and internet explorer all work fantastic however when I look at my site on my galaxy note2 phone everything looks good but the social links still point to your site I also tried on galaxy S3 and samething it points to your site but when I tested on my galaxy note tablet 10.1 it points to my links so im thinking something with screen size can you please help. the site is http://www.southbeachelegance.com/boutique/index.php any help would be great Thank you
    Scott
    I am happy that you like the template and are using is for your site. To change the social media icons in the menu you will need to edit the includes/templates/dover_fine/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_categories_tabs.php file.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast