Plugin Contributions

Default how to point to the right admin log in folder

I have asked my hosting company to move from shop.id.sg to webxtore.com as I will be giving up the domain id.sg soon. But somehow it was pointed to the older admin folder, can someone share how to fix it as my hosting company unable to do it.

I was using shop.id.sg/admin2, when I have some zencart issues earlier and the Access Admin Management section inside the admin area was corrupted not showing up, the template company helped me to create a new admin log in: shop.id.sg/my_admin.

So rightfully I should log in to webxtore.com/my_admin and not webxtore.com/admin2.
    Can someone advise me where do I edit to point to the correct admin?

Many thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to point to the right admin log in folder

1. If you're using v1.5.0 or newer, just rename the admin folder and that's all that's needed.

2. If you're using v1.3.9h or older, you must also edit the admin configure.php file.

It's all described here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...horized-access

Also, I recommend that you use a foldername different from what you've posted publicly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Also, if you are using something like a uri rewriter, you may need to review your .htaccess file (which I don't recall addressed in the document(s) referenced for a standard ZC install) to not have the new admin folder rewritten (ie to prevent access to the folder). The best way to address this/that situation is to include the new admin folder name in the .htaccess file before renaming it, then to rename the admin folder, then to remove the rule associated with the previous admin folder name.

Essentially if you look in the .htaccess file and see the current or previous admin folder name then something like the above in this (my) post would be necessary.

Slight correction, rule remvoal would be after the folder(s) have been removed basically. Otherwise may have an odd/unexpected behavior.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 3 Jun 2014 at 10:11 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pxtures View Post
    I have asked my hosting company to move from shop.id.sg to webxtore.com as I will be giving up the domain id.sg soon. But somehow it was pointed to the older admin folder, can someone share how to fix it as my hosting company unable to do it.

I was using shop.id.sg/admin2, when I have some zencart issues earlier and the Access Admin Management section inside the admin area was corrupted not showing up, the template company helped me to create a new admin log in: shop.id.sg/my_admin.

So rightfully I should log in to webxtore.com/my_admin and not webxtore.com/admin2.

Many thanks in advance.
    Pxtures, huh, in my attempt to help, I replied to a message; however, was unable to post it.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Pxtures View Post

Many thanks in advance.
    Hi DrByte and mc12345678,

Sorry for the late replied. I have got someone to solved the issue.