Plugin Contributions

Default Can't figure out how to move a link.

I installed a mod to the product listing page to change how it displays. I just want to move the "...more info" link to display under the listing description. I have tried and tried and can't figure it out! Help!

Here is a link to the page... its still under testing on the website and so isn't really "public".

http://healthyrestmattress.com/shop/...=index&cPath=1

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't figure out how to move a link.

Quote Originally Posted by designing4 View Post
    I installed a mod to the product listing page to change how it displays. I just want to move the "...more info" link to display under the listing description. I have tried and tried and can't figure it out! Help!
    As much as we'd like to help, there isn't really anything we can tell you unless we know what mod it was that you installed. The reason being is that to do this you'll be needing to modify the mod, so someone is going to have to take a look at the code itself in order to figure out exactly what change is needed.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Actually, it shouldn't be SUCH a big problem.

You'll need to edit your includes/modules/classic/product_listing.php (if you don't have that file, then it's in includes/modules/product_listing.php).

Find:
    Code:
    $lc_button = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>';
    and comment it out (just add two slashes before $lc_button).

Then, find:
    Code:
    <div class="listingDescription">' . zen_trunc_string(zen_clean_html(stripslashes(zen_get_products_description($listing->fields['products_id'], $_SESSION['languages_id']))), PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION) . '</div>
    and replace with:
    Code:
    <div class="listingDescription">' . zen_trunc_string(zen_clean_html(stripslashes(zen_get_products_description($listing->fields['products_id'], $_SESSION['languages_id']))), PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION) . '</div><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>
    Be EXTRA careful because I pasted only a part of the line so make sure you don't remove or add any apostrophes as it might break your site. The entire line should start like this:
    Code:
    $lc_text = '<h3 class="itemTitle"><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id'] > 0) ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $listing->fields['products_name'] . '</a></h3><div class="listingDescription">' . zen_trunc_string(zen_clean_html(stripslashes(zen_get_products_description($listing->fields['products_id'], $_SESSION['languages_id']))), PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION) . '</div>';
    and after you change it, should be like this:
    Code:
    $lc_text = '<h3 class="itemTitle"><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id'] > 0) ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $listing->fields['products_name'] . '</a></h3><div class="listingDescription">' . zen_trunc_string(zen_clean_html(stripslashes(zen_get_products_description($listing->fields['products_id'], $_SESSION['languages_id']))), PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION) . '</div><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ?  zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>';

Plugin Contributions

Thanks balihr
    I did what you said and the "more info" link removed from above the "free shipping" icon (although there is a still a big empty gap there), but it didn't move the "more info" to display under the listing description.

I used the column_layout_grid_2_3_1 mod.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I'm pretty sure you've missed something (quite) simple, but, as Rod had said, it's hard to tell what without seeing the file in question. Try going over it once more, you've probably missed something on the second step...

Plugin Contributions

You were right. Thank you ! Looks much better now.