Default Does this exist? Discount %

ex: Spend $10 get 10% off spend $30 get %15 off shopping cart shopping cart

does this exist?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Does this exist? Discount %

Quote Originally Posted by StoreOwner View Post
    ex: Spend $10 get 10% off spend $30 get %15 off shopping cart shopping cart

does this exist?
    While I typically don't deal with this aspect of a shop (current shop doesn't / couldn't really offer this type of option) it is my understanding that this is something that can be programmed in one of the order totals modules. In fact looking at the quantity discount option, there is all/most of what you are looking for, although may have to duplicate the module and establish some different settings to obtain your desired tiered approach. (Haven't looked into the details of the module to tell yet.) But there are plenty of examples in the forum. Almost hate to say, but look for almost anything posted by ajeh there is bound to be something thaat exactly matches your inquiry. Generally speaking though it's not hard to prep one of those modules for your desired goal. Do need to think about all the if this/then that stuff, cuz you may get asked some questions that at first seem odd, but really make a difference in how the stuff operates. Like total cart before discount, tax as part of discount, shipping, items of a particular category, duplicaation of an item, other discounts expected, etc...

Hope it helps at least for starters.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

It exists, but it's not a built-in feature. You COULD try and do it yourself, or you can visit Scott's website for some of his commercial modules (I think you'd need Big Spender).

In case you don't know: Scott = swguy here on the Forum - he's the top contributor) - you'll save yourself a lot of trouble and won't have to reinvent the wheel...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    It exists, but it's not a built-in feature. You COULD try and do it yourself, or you can visit Scott's website for some of his commercial modules (I think you'd need Big Spender).

In case you don't know: Scott = swguy here on the Forum - he's the top contributor) - you'll save yourself a lot of trouble and won't have to reinvent the wheel...
    Thank you balihr, apparently the store I was logged into at the time of making the above post had one of swguy's order total modules installed (the quantity discount). Looking at it a little further, yes it is/was written by him and it does offer mutiple levels of discount depending on the criteria. Reviewing the various options, I would recommend going with his developed code if this is something of need for a store. There are several things taken into consideration, tax, number of products, percent or total off, etc... Making it verstile for multiple situations. I'm sure it could be cloned as well to support handling several different situations.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

@Storeowner: Yes, my Quantity Discounts contribution does this kind of "Spend $X and get Y% off." As a previous poster noted, Big Spender does more sophisticated segmenting.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Support
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.