Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Tool Kit - yields error after SSL installation

Recently I installed a geoTrust SSL. Since, after I open the Admin Tool Kit and then to attempt a search I get the following error with yellow highlight: "Warning Error: No Configuration Key or Text was entered to search for ... Search was terminated."
    I've searched the FAQs and done a general search on Google but can find nothing to explain this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Page Registration Keys - what are they? how do I get them?

Where on the Zen Cart site are Admin Page Registration Keys explained. A search on those terms yields nothing. Could their absence in my Admin cause the Error Warning I posted about a half hour ago? If so, how do I get them?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Tool Kit - yields error after SSL installation

Quote Originally Posted by cyberbaffled View Post
    Recently I installed a geoTrust SSL. Since, after I open the Admin Tool Kit and then to attempt a search I get the following error with yellow highlight: "Warning Error: No Configuration Key or Text was entered to search for ... Search was terminated."
    I've searched the FAQs and done a general search on Google but can find nothing to explain this.
    I don't imagine the googleverse will know much about it.

The error message means that you didn't type in any search terms before clicking on one of the search buttons. Or, you clicked on a button for a different search than the field where you entered the text you were searching for.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Page Registration Keys - what are they? how do I get them?

Where on the Zen Cart site are Admin Page Registration Keys explained. A search on those terms yields nothing. Could their absence in my Admin cause the Error Warning I posted about a half hour ago? If so, how do I get them?
    "Admin Page Registration Keys" are the index entries in the database that drive which pages are available or visible on the admin menu. They have nothing to do with the proper operation of the Developers Toolkit

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Tool Kit - yields error after SSL installation

Drbyte, thanks for your prompt reply. Your suggestion doesn't solve the problem. Any combination of mindfully correct search terms and search toggles yields that same error message. It's a classic catch 22. To research which file is yielding the error I need the Tool Kit. However, the tool kit..... Perhaps if you would specify in which file or succession of files that error is generated I can determine what's going wrong. Although, because of the complexity of the PHP I'm not optomistic.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, thanks again for your prompt reply. Up until this latest glitch every page has been accessible. That I'm aware of anyway. Would filling out those Page Registration Key fields improve the Admin performance in some way? And if so, where would I fret out the information from the database (which is working marvelously, by the way).

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, thanks again for your prompt reply. Up until this latest glitch every page has been accessible. That I'm aware of anyway. Would filling out those Page Registration Key fields improve the Admin performance in some way? And if so, where would I fret out the information from the database (which is working marvelously, by the way).
    The page registration key fields will remain empty each time that particular menu option is chosen. There is nothing that will be filled in on the screen by going to that menu option.

To possibly reword what has been said, by filling the fields in with particular information, it is possible to add an admin menu option. This does not affect anything that is on the page of a menu option, just the organization of the menu option(s). Therefore, there is nothing that can be filled in there that would affect the content of any admin menu's page. It can affect which page to load, but not what is/was on that page.

If I understand the situation properly, while on the developer's tool kit screen, if in the bottom left. Text box the word require( is entered, the next block to the right of that is changed from none to catalog, and then the bottom right corner submit button is selected, you are saying that you get the error: Warning Error: No Configuration Key or Text was entered to search for ... Search was terminated.

And before installing the geotrust certificate? When was the last time a successful search was performed (should be able to review admin logs), what has been installed/changed since that time? Etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks greatly for the information. The Admin Tool Kit worked correctly the morning before my hosting company activated the SSL.

Plugin Contributions

ISSUE RESOLVED. This problem arose because activating SSL I needed to make changes in both the store and admin configure.php files and then mistakenly reversed the changed files' locations so that the 'store' was where the 'admin' should be and vice versa.