Plugin Contributions

Default no pics in admin

Have been scanning the postings and have on come across this one. So if there is a thread on this, pointing is very good.

Just finished the upgrade and am starting to add merch.. found the pics are not showing in the product preview screen of the catalogue admin but is ok in the live site.

This is true for the upgraded database and any new additions i have added since the upgrade..

Ideas as to what I have done incorrectly or missed doing?
    Does anyone need any additional info?
    TIA

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: no pics in admin

Quote Originally Posted by stitchnkitty View Post
    Have been scanning the postings and have on come across this one. So if there is a thread on this, pointing is very good.

Just finished the upgrade and am starting to add merch.. found the pics are not showing in the product preview screen of the catalogue admin but is ok in the live site.

This is true for the upgraded database and any new additions i have added since the upgrade..

Ideas as to what I have done incorrectly or missed doing?
    Does anyone need any additional info?
    TIA
    What is a typical filename (including extension) where this is being seen? I have seen this before, and am trying to remember other potential causes.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    What is a typical filename (including extension) where this is being seen? I have seen this before, and am trying to remember other potential causes.
    Dim8559Xst_med.jpg

Plugin Contributions

Dim8559Xst_med.jpg
    When in the preview page for a product that has already been posted as active, but the image is not appearing in the admin, how does the properties (path) of that image compare to the store side representation? (Are they the same path?)

Plugin Contributions

HoHoHo!
    OK slap my hands- I thought I would be cute and when shifting the "new store" in the subfolder up to the root ;
    instead of down loading 15min of images and replacing the images folder I left the old one up.. OK sooooo
    to answer your Q? the image is associated with admin are in the Demo2014/images/Dim8559Xst_med.jpg..and the image on the site is image/Dim8559Xst_med.jpg.....
    But if this is a new pic addon, would it not go into the current folder? ok Now I not wrapping my head around this one. I think I know what I did not do but do understand why ?
    So there is something that will ID these two folders and I can not just use the 1.3.9 images folder?? but iwhat is the difference ??

Plugin Contributions

HoHoHo!
    OK slap my hands- I thought I would be cute and when shifting the "new store" in the subfolder up to the root ;
    instead of down loading 15min of images and replacing the images folder I left the old one up.. OK sooooo
    to answer your Q? the image is associated with admin are in the Demo2014/images/Dim8559Xst_med.jpg..and the image on the site is image/Dim8559Xst_med.jpg.....
    But if this is a new pic addon, would it not go into the current folder? ok Now I not wrapping my head around this one. I think I know what I did not do but do understand why ?
    So there is something that will ID these two folders and I can not just use the 1.3.9 images folder?? but iwhat is the difference ??
    Okay, so now I'm a little confused; however... Where I was going to suggest going next based on the above response was to take a look at the configure.php files in both the store and admin includes folder... Specifically at the images definition...
    It may be that you have an extra identifier in your admin/includes/configure.php file... The real question though is, in relation to your store's root, where are your images stored?

Store/images? or
    Store/Demo2014/images?

You can still use the same images folder, it's just a matter of referencing everything correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, so now I'm a little confused; however...
    Yea Yea Me too..

The real question though is, in relation to your store's root, where are your images stored?
    I have got to learn not to take creative license when installing these programs....

Now that I am home and have had some dinner maybe I can explain the "creativity" LOL...

I have rewritten this so many times and the Light bulb just went on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TY so much you are a genius see below.....

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/Demo2014/'); There is the culprit - It was in the Admin/includes.configure.php just as you suggested!!

Plugin Contributions

Yea Yea Me too..

I have got to learn not to take creative license when installing these programs....

Now that I am home and have had some dinner maybe I can explain the "creativity" LOL...

I have rewritten this so many times and the Light bulb just went on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TY so much you are a genius see below.....

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/Demo2014/'); There is the culprit - It was in the Admin/includes.configure.php just as you suggested!!
    Glad you figured it out. :) seemed like it would be something on the admin side, especially the way you described the functionality. Hopefully all is in order now. I know you've been working on this store a lot.