G’day,

In the lead up to Xmas I really want to focus on getting some more flexibility into our offerings, making it easier for customers to package things together. But right now doing so in Zen Cart creates a potential nightmare in maintaining them down the track. Let me explain...

So I create a regulator product, see https://www.scubadoctor.com.au/dives...oducts_id=3598

Instead of having just the regulator set, I turn it into a ‘package’ whereby customers can decide right there if they want to add one of our recommended Octopus options, or SPG options.

Of course, I’ve had to manually put the attribute price against every attribute.

Now if the price for one of the Octopus or SPG options changes, I have to find and edit every related attribute price. That’s not easy to do currently in Zen Cart.

It would be nice if there was a way when adding an attribute to specify that it’s price is the ‘special’ price of a product. Then when the product’s special price changes, the related attribute prices also change.

Is there a solution around to do this already, or will we have to create it?

Best regards, Lloyd Borrett.