Plugin Contributions

Default Set up for digital delivery store

I'm a bit overwhelm w the amount of Infos n options. The tutorials I've seen n read mostly talking about what I don't really need. My site is already set up with all d product pages n button, each has it's own file ready to download...I just simply need a payment processor/gateway,file encrypted delivery and/orwhatever u call it. What would b d setup for this....would someone please shed some lightson this for me please, much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Set up for digital delivery store

If I understand the question, it seems maybe you're using something other than Zencart for your actual website. Is that correct?
    Zencart isn't designed to be merely a back-end plugin for an existing site. You'll need to recreate your site using Zencart.

If you're using Zencart already, your products need to be set up as downloads: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...s-downloadable and then simply enable a payment module, such as PayPal.

Plugin Contributions

Thank u Steve for replying. No I haven't use anything else on my actual site...yet. What I have is a built website containing pages of product already, ssl, also done set up a micropayment paypal account too. I want to be able to use zencart as a tool to organize, securely store my files, and deliver money to PayPal n file downloadable to customer. Is that possible? Or the option I have w zc is to build a diff site?
    In another word, instead of creating products w links n images on zen's page. Can I just create products, then create a button or widget of some sort...which I can either link it by html/css onto my own site ?
    Last edited by trungtamasiadigital; 22 Jun 2014 at 09:26 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I'll see if I can reply without my post being edited this time. It may be possible to rewrite Zencart code to do what you want, but it would be much more difficult than just creating a new site using Zencart and entering your products through admin. Zencart was written as a complete ecommerce shopping cart program and is most useful when used that way. What is it about your current site that makes you want to hold on to it ?

Plugin Contributions

well steve, i must hang on to the site bc not only i've put a lot of time n effort into it already, but also its layout was d reason y d boss decided for me to take on this job. So that's how the site is expected to look like at the end. So changing it entirely is out of the question, besides...not to brag, but i have't seen a template so far that would make me want to re-consider. anyhow...having a third party payment gateway/file delivery service is a least stressful solution, but for long term n functionality ZC does have more potential. Just for the fact taht i don't have to rely on someone else to b a fully function store at least i could sleep better at night. Having hunreds of products/files if anything happen would b a lottttt of work to re-organize.
    Tell me if this is doable Steve, i'm thinking i could maybe combine my site n ZC together by using my site for mainpage, blog, etc..and point url of zC's layout for the product's pages. But that means i would have to customize it so they look similar. Will that work? i don't see an option for me to customize it with html/css, and php is something i havenn't learn...yet. Better yet, is it possible to mirror a site with ZC?

Plugin Contributions

Lots of people style Zencart to look like their existing sites. If you provide a link to your current site, we may be able to advise as to how difficult that would be in your case. You might also look at post #11 here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...977#post492977