Plugin Contributions

Default Newsletter E-mails

Hello I need to be pointed in the correct direction on how to make a mod for the shopping cart for people like me who do not use zencart to send promos & newsletters to subscribers or unsubscribes though the shopping cart.

I use a CRM to track & e-mail all my customers. ACT! by sage to be exact. Since I sell on different platforms other then just my website. I collect customer information for the purpose of e-mailing a customer through the sales process or if running a Sale or Promo. Now with the new law we need to ask first after the Implied permission has passed. If my current signed up customer change their account I will never know.

Currently the cart will let a customer choose to be removed they can unsubscribe or they can edit their account & re subscribe to the newsletter. problem is the cart does not send the admin a e-mail letting you know that a customer changed their account. I need this to work now more then ever since Canada has changed it's Spam Law. I posted on a different thread where a user was making a addon for create account for this purpose but still his/her addon will not e-mail the admin if the customer makes changes. any help on this would be awesome.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter E-mails

Not sure what else Act does for you??
    There are more reasonable email/contact services that can integrate with Zen Cart
    One being mail chimp Where you could enter via csv your other contacts from other sources
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Not sure what else Act does for you??
    There are more reasonable email/contact services that can integrate with Zen Cart
    One being mail chimp Where you could enter via csv your other contacts from other sources
    This is a good solution for the e-mail & I have it working except that after the person becomes a customer & options out they cannot opt back in via the account link. so I am using this but with a side box & easy page. I have another post on the mailchimp support thread to see if anyone knows how to fix that.

ACT does lots of stuff like one example is you mailed out your order now what if you want to follow up with your customer in 2 weeks ACT can schedule a reminder & tell you what action you have to do. It's build just for managing your customer base.
    Last edited by hfxracing; 3 Jul 2014 at 01:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe you can use a downloaded csv from ZenCart to populate your ACT customer DB
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Maybe you can use a downloaded csv from ZenCart to populate your ACT customer DB
    I did do that but I didn't want to be doing it every week & re checking all the accounts. I shut it off for now & will use mailchimp with ez pages.