Plugin Contributions

Default Local Pickup Only Mod

Is there a mod for local pickup only for certain items?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Pickup Only Mod

Quote Originally Posted by morrisgiftshop View Post
    Is there a mod for local pickup only for certain items?
    Product Delivery by Postcode (PDP):

http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1702

Can be configured for store pickup OR local delivery based on customer postcode

Not tested on 1.5.3 but I believe it will work out of the box.

Pls let us know how you go.

Plugin Contributions

What happens on a mixed cart of some Products require Store Pickup and some can be shipped?

What identifies the Products that have to be Store Pickup only?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Well, that isn't what I am looking for. I want to let my customer now that this "Local Only" that I don't want them add the product to the cart nor deliver the product to them.

Plugin Contributions

Then in that case, you could mark the Product as Call for Price ... then change the text/image for the Call for Pick to be Local Only or something to indicate that ...

Another way is to make all Local Only Products a different Product Type such as Document Product and mark that in the Catalog ... Product Type ... as it cannot be added to cart and voila!
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What happens on a mixed cart of some Products require Store Pickup and some can be shipped?

What identifies the Products that have to be Store Pickup only?
    Easy: If there is at least one product in the cart that is 'local only' and all the other products can be delivered to anywhere in the World, then the whole order (IMHO) would go to the same address.

One cart, one order, one single delivery address.

So, the *ruling* product would be the 'local only' product.

That's where PDP fits the bill. It blocks delivery (or pickup) of the order to any address outside the (admin) specified delivery range of postcodes. The customer is alerted in the cart and the product info page.

Unlikely that someone who lives in NYC would go and pick up an order from a store located in L.A.

Pls correct me if I am on the wrong track.

I might add that the current version of PDP 'may' not be compatible with 1.5.3 - don't know as yet as I have not tested the mod with 1.5.3

Cheers / Frank
    Last edited by frank18; 7 Jul 2014 at 12:24 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Then in that case, you could mark the Product as Call for Price ... then change the text/image for the Call for Pick to be Local Only or something to indicate that ...

Another way is to make all Local Only Products a different Product Type such as Document Product and mark that in the Catalog ... Product Type ... as it cannot be added to cart and voila!
    Frank,

Your mod doesn't work for me. The ones I need the "LOCAL Only" Because I have to special order that product from my warehouse I don't have actual product in hand to deliver it my town. That is why I want my local customers to come in an pay me in advance in person.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by morrisgiftshop View Post
    Frank,

Your mod doesn't work for me. The ones I need the "LOCAL Only" Because I have to special order that product from my warehouse I don't have actual product in hand to deliver it my town. That is why I want my local customers to come in an pay me in advance in person.
    It would still work - as long as the customer knows that they may need to wait a day or whatever until they can pick it up.

Don't confuse this shipping mod with a payment mod, they can pay as usual (CC, PayPal or see you in store to pay etc) when they complete their order. They just need to be told something like this:

"Thank you for your order. We will notify you by email/phone when your product is ready for pick up at our store / warehouse (whatever...) "

I know it can work this way as I have only recently implemented this mod for a client on a wholesale site.

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    It would still work - as long as the customer knows that they may need to wait a day or whatever until they can pick it up.

Don't confuse this shipping mod with a payment mod, they can pay as usual (CC, PayPal or see you in store to pay etc) when they complete their order. They just need to be told something like this:

"Thank you for your order. We will notify you by email/phone when your product is ready for pick up at our store / warehouse (whatever...) "

I know it can work this way as I have only recently implemented this mod for a client on a wholesale site.

Cheers / Frank
    Frank,

I don't want my local customers to pay online. I want the customer have the opition to see what I have online. Also I will not be delivering the item to my customer's. So what I want I don't need an add to cart for that particular item.