Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't upgrade db: Admin Password Required- but won't accept my password

THIS is the configure.php file from the includes folder:

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * dist-configure.php
     * @package Configuration Settings circa 1.5.2
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2012 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version GIT: $Id: Author: DrByte  Wed Nov 6 20:54:59 2013 -0500 Modified in v1.5.2 $
     * @private
     */
    // Define the webserver and path parameters
    // HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.yourdomain.com
    // HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure webserver: eg-https://www.yourdomain.com
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.prillycharmin.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'http://www.prillycharmin.com');

// Use secure webserver for checkout procedure?
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/prillych/public_html/');
      //the following path is a COMPLETE path to the /logs/ folder  eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/logs ... and no trailing slash
      define('DIR_FS_LOGS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/home/prillych/public_html/logs');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'uploads/');
    define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_UPLOADS);
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');

// define our database connection
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_'); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost');
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxx');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxx');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxx');

// The next 2 "defines" are for SQL cache support.
    // For SQL_CACHE_METHOD, you can select from:  none, database, or file
    // If you choose "file", then you need to set the DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE to a directory where your apache
    // or webserver user has write privileges (chmod 666 or 777). We recommend using the "cache" folder inside the Zen Cart folder
    // ie: /path/to/your/webspace/public_html/zen/cache   -- leave no trailing slash
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', '/home/prillych/public_html/cache');

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't upgrade db: Admin Password Required- but won't accept my password

In your admin version DIR_FS_CATALOG is incorectly defined. It should be:

Code:
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/prillych/public_html/');
    Some of the other defines that use that may need be shortened.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

DIR_FS_LOGS in your storeside is wrong (has too much information) should end with . 'logs/'); which I think is also the case on the admin side as well.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, logs should end without the slash... Misread the guidance in the configure.php file for logs...
    Code:
    define('DIR_FS_LOGS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'logs');
    Should be the define in both configure.php files.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, yes, what a relief that is. I'm in the Admin area at last. THANK YOU!

Plugin Contributions

OK, seem to having the same problem as everybody else, tried replacing the general file as suggested, also amended the zcpassword file too, I ended up with a blank page, with no access to admin or the "front page" of the site then had to wipe out the install & re-install fresh "install" files files.
    server details;
    Server Host: myserver.net (deliberately hidden ok) Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-471.3.1.el5.lve0.8.72 Database: MySQL 5.5.42-cll
    Server Date: 06/04/2015 12:01:42 Database Date: 06/04/2015 12:01:42
    Server Up Time: Disabled/Unavailable HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.4.28 (Zend: 2.4.0) PHP Memory Limit: 512M PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 32M POST Max Size: 32M
    Database Data Size: 8,313 kB Database Index Size: 2,097 kB

Zen Cart 1.5.4
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.1
    v1.5.1 [2013-07-12 12:02:27] (Version Update 1.5.0->1.5.1)
    v1.5.0 [2013-07-12 12:02:27] (Version Update 1.3.9->1.5.0)
    v1.3.9c [2010-05-27 19:12:07] (Fresh Installation)

why is my install now showing that it has 2 zencart versions? why is the install steps showing that i should "upgrade" from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 & 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 as well? what's my best course of action? should i start again with a fresh install & them simply use mysql to download the current product list, customer list, & upload that to the fresh 1.5.4 install. any advice would be great, love zencart, but sometimes it's a head scratcher....

Plugin Contributions

also tried the following https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....05#post1266905 same result:

Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade more info...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by voluntaryist.only View Post
    OK, seem to having the same problem as everybody else,
    No, you appear to be having a similar problem to number of other people. This is a far cry than having the *same* problem as anyone else, and I can assure you that it isn't *everyone else* that is even having or had this problem.

Knowing and understanding this is one of the 1st things to realise when seeking a solution.

tried replacing the general file as suggested, also amended the zcpassword file too, I ended up with a blank page,
    We need to get to some common ground here.

Did you get the blank page after replacing the general file, after 'ammending' the zcpassword, or did you do both of these at the same time. If the latter, then you need to undo one of the other just to get back to the original problem. You may have 'fixed' this issue with one of these changes, and broken it in a different way with the other change.

Rule#1. Only make ONE change at a time. If it doesn't have the desired effect, revert back before changing something else. If you don't do this you'll just be adding one problem on top of another with the end result that no one will be able to guide you back to 'common ground' and you'll probably eventually resort to trying a complete new install as the inevitable result.

changing, testing, changing back, then repeating this process is the only way to not get lost.

with no access to admin or the "front page" of the site then had to wipe out the install & re-install fresh "install" files files.
    Told ya so. <g>

Now here's a cruncher - if this truly is/was a *fresh* install then you most certainly wouldn't be having the exact same problem as you were previously having, unless of course you somehow have some corrupted files that you re-uploaded, in which case it still isn't really a 'fresh' install, it is only a resinstall of something already broken, which will explain the same problem carrying over from the old to the new.

server details;
    Server Host: myserver.net (deliberately hidden ok)
    Although this (probably) really isn't important at all, I always end up asking myself WHY have you hidden this. Does it serve any useful purpose from keeping this a secret? What about the possibility that we may know of a certain host that has a certain specific issue and your host just happens to be the one in question?

Which will be easier to solve, us providing you with an extensive list of hosts for you to say 'yes' or 'no' I'm not using them, or for you to simply tell us in the 1st place.

I seriously don't believe that you problem IS a host related issue, but the point is, the more information that you can provide, the better position we are in to help you.

What *other* information do you have that you have 'deliberately hidden'? May be nothing at all. It may be the one vital clue we need. This isn't really a judgement call for you to make unless you know what is actually causing the problem, in which case you wouldn't be needing to seek help in the 1st place.

Zen Cart 1.5.4

why is my install now showing that it has 2 zencart versions?
    It isn't.
    What this is showing is that your system files are from ZenCart 1.5.4 but your database is still at V1.5.1 (in other words, you haven't yet ran the sql upgrade script for v1.5.4

why is the install steps showing that i should "upgrade" from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 & 1.5.3 to 1.5.4 as well?
    If I assume that you are referring to the patch level steps above (as opposed to the 'install' steps when installing or upgrading zencart itself) the info above is telling us that you 1st installed zencart 1.3.9c as a fresh install back in 2010, this was then updated to v1.5.1 in July 2013 (skipping V1.5.0) and that the 1.5.0 and v1.5.1 patches were both performed at the same time. This is pretty much par for the course, and I see nothing amiss here, other than your current install (V1.5.4) still needs the v1.5.4 upgrade SQL script to be run.

what's my best course of action?
    Run the SQL upgrade script to bring the database in line with the files.

should i start again with a fresh install & them simply use mysql to download the current product list, customer list, & upload that to the fresh 1.5.4 install. any advice would be great, love zencart, but sometimes it's a head scratcher....
    No, that won't work.. in fact based on those patch level entries you may even have already done this once already.

If we assume you really DID do a 'fresh install' as you stated (and we've no reason to doubt this), this fresh/new install was done with the V1.5.4 fileset, which being a new/fresh install would have wiped out the current database, and the patch level entry would read something like
    v1.5.4 [2015-06-05 19:12:07] (Fresh Installation) - with no other entries. Now, if after this you copied the old database across to this new install, the database will be back to how it was prior to your 'fresh install' - In other words, your database will show *exactly* what it is showing us here:
    Zen Cart 1.5.4

You'll find that after you run the v1.5.4 sql upgrade script on the currently installed database, these entries will read like
    Zen Cart 1.5.4
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.4
    v1.5.4 [2015-06-05 12:02:27] (Version Update 1.5.1->1.5.4)

Hopefully you can see that these entries are showing an upgrade history, not things that need to be done in the future.

Anyway, bottom line, your database and files are 'out of sync', and until this is rectified it is a waste of time looking into other causes, problems, or solutions because this kind of mismatch can give very unpredictable results.

Cheers
    RodG

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789