Plugin Contributions

Default Windows server: Curl error (60): SSL Certificate problem: Unable to get local issuer

Upgraded my ZC 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 yesterday and ran into one small issue. Whether it's the way ZC code now handles SSL requests, how PHP is handling the requests in the newer versions, new PCI requirements, or whatever, during my test upgrade, I was given a warning about CURL/SSL having an issue during the prerequisite check. The error I received was the following:

Code:
    "Curl (60) SSL Certificate Problem: Unable to get local issuer certificate"
    Curl/SSL modules have been enabled in PHP since I installed 1.5.1 a couple years ago so this warning befuddled me.

The fix was to do the following:

1) Download "cacert.pem" from here:
    http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html (copy and paste into a text file and save as cacert.pem)
    2) Save the cacert.pem file you created anywhere on your system.
    Since we'll be modifying php.ini and telling PHP where to look for this file, and I'm using a Windows server, I simply saved cacert.pem in "C:\php\extras\ssl"
    3) Open your php.ini file and change the following:

Code:
    Change:
    ; curl.cainfo = 

Change To:
    curl.cainfo = "C:\PHP\Extras\SSL\cacert.pem"  (or wherever you saved your cacert.pem file)
    4) Restart your server
    5) Run the curltester.php file in a browser by going to:
    http://www.yoursite.com/extras/curltester.php (should all read "Good" see attached image)

I just wanted to save anyone any headaches if you run into this error during an initial setup or upgrade.

Server Info:

Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (fully patched)
    Zen Cart 1.5.3
    PHP 5.5.12
    MySQL 5.6.19
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nettric; 9 Jul 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Curl error (60): SSL Certificate problem: Unable to get local issuer certificate

Ok, now here is my problem. I'm running Vista with XAMPP which works well. I do the /zencart/ thing and it starts up the configure install program. I get to the part to install and I get this:

CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 60 => SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed more info...

So then I tried what the person recommended above and still get the same problem. Now I'm really stuck and don't know what else to do.

Also my version of zencart doesn't show the directories like above. I'm lost..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Curl error (60): SSL Certificate problem: Unable to get local issuer certificate

The steps listed in red above are the correct way to fix the limitations of self-hosted installs on PC development environments like XAMPP, particularly "Unable to get local issuer certificate" messages.

(Self-signed certificates are another matter.)

I don't understand your comment about "doesn't show the directories like above".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am using zencart 1.5.4 version doing a new install. I am using XAMMP for Windows version 5.6.8 to get it set up locally.
    PHP is 5.6.8. My issue is the CURL requires SSL support. 60 error. I followed the above instructions to put in the CA certificates and found out with XAMMP the curl is located in the php.ini-production and php.ini-development. My absolute path I am using is:

curl.cainfo="C:\xampp5.6.8\php\extras\ssl\cacert.pem"

I have looked at other posts and have had no success this time, so I figured it was time to finally create my first post to the forums. Any luck would be appreciated. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=Nettric;1251913]Upgraded my ZC 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 yesterday and ran into one small issue. Whether it's the way ZC code now handles SSL requests, how PHP is handling the requests in the newer versions, new PCI requirements, or whatever, during my test upgrade, I was given a warning about CURL/SSL having an issue during the prerequisite check. The error I received was the following:

Code:
    "Curl (60) SSL Certificate Problem: Unable to get local issuer certificate"
    Curl/SSL modules have been enabled in PHP since I installed 1.5.1 a couple years ago so this warning befuddled me.

The fix was to do the following:

1) Download "cacert.pem" from here:
    http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html (copy and paste into a text file and save as cacert.pem)
    2) Save the cacert.pem file you created anywhere on your system.
    Since we'll be modifying php.ini and telling PHP where to look for this file, and I'm using a Windows server, I simply saved cacert.pem in "C:\php\extras\ssl"
    3) Open your php.ini file and change the following:

Code:
    Change:
    ; curl.cainfo = 

Change To:
    curl.cainfo = "C:\PHP\Extras\SSL\cacert.pem"  (or wherever you saved your cacert.pem file)
    4) Restart your server
    5) Run the curltester.php file in a browser by going to:
    http://www.yoursite.com/extras/curltester.php (should all read "Good" see attached image)

I just wanted to save anyone any headaches if you run into this error during an initial setup or upgrade.

Server Info:

Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (fully patched)
    Zen Cart 1.5.3
    PHP 5.5.12
    MySQL

...:::: Just an update for windows users ::::....

I have been having this problem recently and could not fix this, I used the info above but still could not get it to work!!

I finally found out the reason why, when you copy and past the info for the cacert windows still does not like this and comes up with the same error, but if you down load the cacert.pem from the link below and use this I found it solve the error and all works ok.

http://filehostuk.com/downloads/cacert.rar

hope this helps a few people out as I was pulling my brains out to fix this lol