Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question many ���� appears

I upgraded 1.3.9 to 1.5.
    Product description content is appearing ok on live site but when I try to edit product description of existing product in admin many ���� appears on different places in description and table borders are very thick which were not there before when editing with html area. Now I try to edit with plain and ck editor and if I update or save product ���� also appear on live site.

How I can get rid of these otherwise I have to edit descriptions of all 3000 products which will be very time consuming.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: many ���� appears

Your database is based on latin1, but ZC 1.5.x+ expects utf8, and you didn't tell it to go back and use latin1+iso-8859-1 instead.

So, either change your ZC config to use the old way of reading the data, or upgrade your data: https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...8859-1-to-utf8

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

database is utf8

language files also define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

So I was able to fix it by adding following to both configure.php files

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');

Plugin Contributions

I had Manufacturer All page on 1.3.9 which is appearing on 1.5 live site still. The only issues I don't see that in admin now in case if I want to make changes in to it.

Sorry for posting here but this module have no thread and developer said he is no longer working with ZC.

I tried to run same SQL which I did for 1.3.

DELETE FROM `configuration_group` WHERE `configuration_group_title` LIKE 'Manufacturers All Config' LIMIT 2;
    DELETE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_description` LIKE 'Manufacturers All Listing:%' LIMIT 7;

INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES ('', 'Manufacturers All Config', 'Manufacturers All Config', '1', '1');
    SELECT @gida := configuration_group_id FROM `configuration_group` where `configuration_group_title` LIKE 'Layout Settings';
    SELECT @gid := configuration_group_id FROM `configuration_group` where `configuration_group_title` LIKE 'Manufacturers All Config';
    UPDATE configuration_group SET sort_order = @gid WHERE configuration_group_id = @gid;

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Categories Box - Show Manufacturers All Link', 'SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_MANUFACTURERS_ALL', '1', 'Manufacturers All Listing: Set this to 1 if you want to show the All Manufacturers link to show in the Categories Box.', @gida, '0', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),");
    INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Empty Manufacturers', 'MANUFACTURERS_ALL_EMPTY_SHOW', '0', 'Manufacturers All Listing: Set this to 1 if you want manufacturers with no products to show on the list.', @gid, '7', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),");
    INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Manufacturer Image', 'MANUFACTURERS_ALL_IMAGE_SHOW', '1', 'Manufacturers All Listing: Set this to 1 if you want the manufacturers logo to appear with the listing.', @gid, '7', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),");
    INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Display Manufacturer URL', 'MANUFACTURERS_ALL_URL_SHOW', '1', 'Manufacturers All Listing: Set this to 1 if you want the manufacturers URL to appear with the listing.', @gid, '7', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),");
    INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturers Per Row', 'MANUFACTURERS_ALL_COLUMNS', '4', 'Manufacturers All Listing: Set the number of manufacturers per row to display.<br>(default 4)', @gid, '7', now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturer Image Width', 'MANUFACTURERS_ALL_WIDTH', '100px', 'Manufacturers All Listing: Set the maximum width of the manufacturers image.<br>(default 100px)', @gid, '7', now(), now(), NULL, NULL);
    INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Manufacturer Image Height', 'MANUFACTURERS_ALL_HEIGHT', '100px', 'Manufacturers All Listing: Set the maximum height of the manufacturers image<br>(default 100px)', @gid, '7', now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

/*
    Admin page (Zen-cart 1.5.0)
    */
    INSERT INTO `admin_pages` (`page_key` ,`language_key` ,`main_page` ,`page_params` ,`menu_key` ,`display_on_menu` ,`sort_order`)VALUES
    ('configManufacturersList', 'BOX_CONFIGURATION_MANUFACTURERS_LIST', 'FILENAME_CONFIGURATION', CONCAT('gID=',@gid), 'configuration', 'Y', @gid);

and getting error "1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
    in:
    [INSERT INTO zen_configuration VALUES ('', 'Categories Box - Show Manufacturers All Link', 'SHOW_CATEGORIES_BOX_MANUFACTURERS_ALL', '1', 'Manufacturers All Listing: Set this to 1 if you want to show the All Manufacturers link to show in the Categories Box.', @gida, '0', now(), now(), NULL, "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),");]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields."

Which is most likely because I already ran this sql on 1.3.9 site and still exists in data base.

Module does not have sql to install so I can run uninstall and install again like I did for other modules. Can someone please let me know how to uninstall sql for this?

Thank You.

Plugin Contributions

No, you are incorrect. The error is not because of it being previously installed/run. It is as the error says, the value count (number of values that follow the insert into X values ( statement. The number of items in that list does not match the number of fields in the data table. Two ways to correct this, either go look at the table and identify which row(s) exist and if they can be matched up with the data in that order to identify which field exists. Or has been removed that is or is not in the list or use an assignment such that insert into X (fieldname1, fieldname2, etc...) Values ('', data_in_current_sql, etc...)That said, if the app was written for an older version of ZC, it may need a significant upgrade to function properly under the latest requirements of ZC 1.5.3. (Obviously including the sql statements.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    No, you are incorrect. The error is not because of it being previously installed/run. It is as the error says, the value count (number of values that follow the insert into X values ( statement. The number of items in that list does not match the number of fields in the data table. Two ways to correct this, either go look at the table and identify which row(s) exist and if they can be matched up with the data in that order to identify which field exists. Or has been removed that is or is not in the list or use an assignment such that insert into X (fieldname1, fieldname2, etc...) Values ('', data_in_current_sql, etc...)That said, if the app was written for an older version of ZC, it may need a significant upgrade to function properly under the latest requirements of ZC 1.5.3. (Obviously including the sql statements.)
    Thank you for information. I tried this on 1.5.3 few days ago and same error happened. I tried today on 1.5.0 and still same error. I am not good on sql so I am not sure how author use all those 0 - 7 numbers and how to change it. If you or any one can guide me or adjust this sql for 1.5 I would really appreciate that.
    It is working fine on my live site but I just want it to be fixed in admin for future.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsarwar View Post
    Thank you for information. I tried this on 1.5.3 few days ago and same error happened. I tried today on 1.5.0 and still same error. I am not good on sql so I am not sure how author use all those 0 - 7 numbers and how to change it. If you or any one can guide me or adjust this sql for 1.5 I would really appreciate that. It is working fine on my live site but I just want it to be fixed in admin for future. Thank you.
    I understand a little better now what it is that is not working and what you want. You are missing the admin option to use this plugin, correct? There is/was a file that did what now is done in the database. The contents of that file will give information necessary to create new SQL to add to the install script. The above install script will also need to be rewritten to prevent you getting this error, unless this issue trulyis more of a ZC 1.5.3 problem instead of just a problem with this install. I have seen several similar reported errors in what seems like just the last several hours.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I am missing module plug in for admin. Even I tried another module and it giving same error column count does not......
    All these modules have been working great on 1.3.9 but on 1.5.0 and 1.5.3 they are not because of some change in structure.

I am trying to read more about sql to understand but if you can assist me I would really appreciate that. I have already paste content of sql file in one of my post above. I can send you any other files you need to rearrange this sql so that we can continue enjoying these modules on zencart.

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Would need the contents of the file(s) associated with this/these plugins that are stored in:/admin/includes/boxes/xxxxxx_dhtml.php files or /admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes/*.phpThe xxxxxx and * represent the name(s) associated with the plugin. You can also look at the FAQ: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...lity-with-v15x to see what is involved.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Would need the contents of the file(s) associated with this/these plugins that are stored in:/admin/includes/boxes/xxxxxx_dhtml.php files or /admin/includes/boxes/extra_boxes/*.phpThe xxxxxx and * represent the name(s) associated with the plugin. You can also look at the FAQ: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...lity-with-v15x to see what is involved.

I am still reading more to understand better.

You can download files from here
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=299

Author posted as compatible with 1.5 + but it is not so after you fix this, you may want to upload it again there so no one else have this issue.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast