Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Missing Image Utility/Scanner [Support Thread]

Code:
    Features
    ========
    Scans your database and images folder for any missing images and reports on them.

Version Date
    ==============
    v1.0 2014-07-16 02:37
        * Initial release

Author
    ======
    Paul Williams ([email protected])

Known Issues
    ============
        * People on shared servers or those without the ability to turn Safe Mode off
          will experience more time outs on larger databases. This is because I 
          cannot force the script to essentially reset the execution_timer. This will
          be worked on in a later version. You can try to edit the script on line 121 
          or line 145 and change the SQL query a little bit. If you do, you may end 
          up having to run this script a couple of times.

Description
    ===========
    This script will run through your ZenCart database, provided by you in the
    connection information of the script, and then retrieve all images from products 
    table of ZenCart. Then, the script will run through each of those images making 
    sure that the image exists and is saved in the correct format. (For example, a 
    .gif is actually a GIF.) This is useful if you use a batch product uploader like 
    easyPopulate and you don't know which of your images are missing.

GitHub
    ======
    https://github.com/retched/missing-images-zen
    Pretty much, this script shouldn't be too difficulty. Before you talk about problems with the script, please make a note about the Known Issue noted above and in the readme file. I will come back for this in a later update but I wanted to release it now while I figure out how to make the script lap around.
    Last edited by retched; 16 Jul 2014 at 10:14 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Image Scanner [Support Thread]

What a time-saver! I suggest the following small change to enable this to be used with an /includes/local/configure.php file (I use this a bunch for local, pre-test versions of a site):
    Code:
    // Load the definition file for the database table names. 
    require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . "includes/database_tables.php");  //-20140724-lat9-Use configure.php setting, enables using /includes/local/configure.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    What a time-saver! I suggest the following small change to enable this to be used with an /includes/local/configure.php file (I use this a bunch for local, pre-test versions of a site):
    Code:
    // Load the definition file for the database table names. 
    require_once(DIR_FS_CATALOG . "includes/database_tables.php");  //-20140724-lat9-Use configure.php setting, enables using /includes/local/configure.php
    You know I was thinking about that really. I've gone ahead and made the change. I still have to wait for the script to be approved and then I can add and make the change there.

Plugin Contributions

Also for those interested, the plugin will reside here once approved. You can go to the GitHub linked in my first post. Also while I haven't tested this extensively on ZenCart versions prior to 1.5.0, this SHOULD work with almost any version of ZenCart and it does not necessarily need to reside on the same directory as your ZenCart installation BUT it must reside on the same server as it.

Zen-Cart Download Page:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1887

Plugin Contributions

AN UPDATE HAS BEEN MADE. (Actually two updates have been made, I'm just rolling them out as one.)

Code:
    v1.0.2    2014-07-24 13:50
      * Removed the choice of running the script as MySQLi or MySQL. The script 
        will now check if it can run mysqli_connect. If not, it will run 
        mysql_connect. If that fails, the script will not run. The user also
        has the option to force MySQL although this should NOT really be used. I
        will still reserve the right to remove this option at a later time once
        MySQL is removed from PHP.
      * Consolidated the location of the query that is being run by the script to
        one location. (There is no difference in SQL language between MySQL and 
        MySQLi. So having two separate queries which produced the same result table
        was a bit redundant.)

v1.0.1    2014-07-24 12:58
      * Improved call for database_tables.php as suggested by lat9. 
        Thanks for the code suggestion.
    Also the ReadMe file has been "fixed" to be formatted as Windows/PC Readme. This shouldn't really cause an issue for *nix users.

These changes have been posted to the GitHub and will be soon available via the ZenCart Downloads Page.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Missing Image Scanner [Support Thread]

Dear retched,

Hello, I am make some change of your original module. First of all thank you make for this. Real useful.

But, you miss some security that need keep in mind, this files can running without admin login first, and it show the full path on the server,while outside can scan the web server. It will have some security risk.

I make some change of it, and now it must place to under /admin/missing_images.php

The second I am add the miss Menu for both ZC 1.3.9x to 1.5.x
    So the end user not need manual copy and paste the files name and running on admin page.
    Then I think can help many user. So I also post my changed version there.

I am also uploaded my files to zen-cart.com, waiting they post for public ..

But, if you integration my coding with it, please also add my name and e-mail on it.

Here are what I do base on your module

v1.0.3 2014-08-08 14:14
    * Force MUST Login to using this Module for Security Reason, since it show up the full server path.
    Copy the contents of the "admin" folder to the admin folder of your shop whatever it is called (it should have been renamed from the default "admin").
    The files are already arranged in their correct locations and there are *no* overwrites of core files!
    For example
    /admin/missing_images.php (Where replace above path to match your live shop.)
    * You'll find "Missing Images Checker" under "Tools" in the Admin, both for ZC 1.3.9x to 1.5.3
    * Add SQL Scripts to install in on the Admin Page for ZC 1.5.x Only, for easier now.
    * This make for you by explorer1979 (explorerhome##################, http://explorerhome.no-ip.org/blog)

File here Missing Images v1_0_3.zip

Thank you

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Chan
    http://www.jimmychan.tk
    http://explorerhome.no-ip.org/blog
    Last edited by explorer1979; 8 Aug 2014 at 10:31 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by explorer1979 View Post
    Dear retched,

Hello, I am make some change of your original module. First of all thank you make for this. Real useful.

But, you miss some security that need keep in mind, this files can running without admin login first, and it show the full path on the server,while outside can scan the web server. It will have some security risk.

I make some change of it, and now it must place to under /admin/missing_images.php

The second I am add the miss Menu for both ZC 1.3.9x to 1.5.x
    So the end user not need manual copy and paste the files name and running on admin page.
    Then I think can help many user. So I also post my changed version there.

I am also uploaded my files to zen-cart.com, waiting they post for public ..

But, if you integration my coding with it, please also add my name and e-mail on it.

Here are what I do base on your module

v1.0.3 2014-08-08 14:14
    * Force MUST Login to using this Module for Security Reason, since it show up the full server path.
    Copy the contents of the "admin" folder to the admin folder of your shop whatever it is called (it should have been renamed from the default "admin").
    The files are already arranged in their correct locations and there are *no* overwrites of core files!
    For example
    /admin/missing_images.php (Where replace above path to match your live shop.)
    * You'll find "Missing Images Checker" under "Tools" in the Admin, both for ZC 1.3.9x to 1.5.3
    * Add SQL Scripts to install in on the Admin Page for ZC 1.5.x Only, for easier now.
    * This make for you by explorer1979 (explorerhome##################, http://explorerhome.no-ip.org/blog)

File here Missing Images v1_0_3.zip

Thank you

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Chan
    http://www.jimmychan.tk
    http://explorerhome.no-ip.org/blog

Were these changes being made to a version I officially released here on ZenCart or are you referring to the "pre-release" version I posted on the GitHub? If you're talking about the one that I'm making changes to the script so it can run in the backend, please note I haven't even started to work with that yet. That coding is actually in the middle of being worked on once I have some time.

As for the original v1.x.x, please also note that version of the script is meant to run as a standalone single file installation (meaning no integration in the backend or anything). It's generally meant to be run once, and then immediately deleted. But I will take a look at the changes suggested.
    Last edited by retched; 8 Aug 2014 at 02:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I have moved the files into the appropriate location but I am unable to get this module to show up in my tools menu. I am using ZC 1.5.3

Plugin Contributions

Which version of the add-on are you using? The official release series of 1.x.x isn't meant to show up as an option in the backed but is meant to be run as a standalone. The 1.0.3 is NOT a release of mind and I cannot offer any official support to it. The 2.0.0 version on the github isn't even meant for public use.

To run the script, the 1.0.2 version, you simply upload the file to your server after supplying the location of your configure.php file in the variables and run it in your browser via direct call. As for the "1.0.3" linked above in explorer1979 post and in the plugin directory, that is NOT my file and I have no support for that version as it is not mine and is causing more confusion than anything. (I can't pull it down I'm afraid, so you should use my last version while I get the chance to work with it soon I guess) I haven't even had a chance to work with that file and haven't seen its contents to know what is going on.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    Which version of the add-on are you using? The official release series of 1.x.x isn't meant to show up as an option in the backed but is meant to be run as a standalone. The 1.0.3 is NOT a release of mind and I cannot offer any official support to it. The 2.0.0 version on the github isn't even meant for public use.

To run the script, the 1.0.2 version, you simply upload the file to your server after supplying the location of your configure.php file in the variables and run it in your browser via direct call. As for the "1.0.3" linked above in explorer1979 post and in the plugin directory, that is NOT my file and I have no support for that version as it is not mine and is causing more confusion than anything. (I can't pull it down I'm afraid, so you should use my last version while I get the chance to work with it soon I guess) I haven't even had a chance to work with that file and haven't seen its contents to know what is going on.
    I was using the 1.0.3 version. I thought it would be easier to use via the admin. I am not sure how to activate it via my browser. I entered the file name behind the location I put it in, but it doesn't work.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast