Plugin Contributions

Default Getting Database into new v.1.5.3 using Backup My Sql

Hi,

I have upgraded to v.1.5.3 (test site on server) and am trying to get my database into the new v.1.5.3 using the add on Backup MySQL. I have used this tool successfully in my previous Zen Cart v.1.5.0.

This add on is successfully installed in my new v.1.5.3. I have taken my most recent backup file from today and placed it into my Admin->Backups folder in my v.1.5.3. When I go to use the tool in the Admin panel, I click on this file, press the Restore function and wait till it has finished. It gives me the message on the top of my screen in green, saying that the restore was successful but it has not actually placed any of the info into the database as I have no customer or order information in my Admin panel.

The old database name was zc15 and the new database name is zc_153. I have tried renaming the part of the saved database file to reflect the new database name in it...(i.e. old name was db_blue_zc15-20140804085615.sql.gz and I renamed it to db_blue_zc_153-20140804085615.sql.gz before uploading it to my Admin->Backups folder and restoring it.) and have also tried restoring the file with the original name on it, but no luck. I have also tried unzipping the saved database and restoring it directly from my computer, but get a server timeout as the unzipped file is 201mb (36mb in .gzip format).

I know that I am doing something wrong, but cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. I would appreciate any help that someone could offer to put me on the right track.

Kind regards,
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting Database into new v.1.5.3 using Backup My Sql

I also posted this in your other thread about having a database issue. http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...database-issue
    They're the same: your temporary store was set up to use a different DB_PREFIX (zc_install describes this as the "database tablename prefix") than your live store. So, even though you've imported the tables from your live store, since those tables are all named with a different prefix, you won't see any of their data until you change your temporary store's configure.php files to have the same DB_PREFIX as the store whose data you're importing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Getting Database into new v.1.5.3 using Backup My Sql

Thanks for your reply Dr. Byte, I will respond on the other post as well.

Thanks,

Jeff