Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon behavior changed between 1.3.8 and 1.5.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I will try to look at this when I have some free time ...
    What's this thing called 'free time' that you mention? Is it a free download? If not, where can I buy some? :-)

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

I have been looking for a coupon for Free Time for a long while ... not yet located one ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

A temporary fix would be to change line 190 in the file:
    /includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php

Code:
    // left for total order amount vs qualified order amount just switch the commented lines
    //        if ($order_total['totalFull'] < $coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order']) {
    //        if (strval($order_total['orderTotal']) < $coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order']) {
            if ($coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order'] > 0 && strval($order_total['orderTotal']) < $coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order']) {

$messageStack->add_session('redemptions', sprintf(TEXT_INVALID_REDEEM_COUPON_MINIMUM, $currencies->format($coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order'])),'caution');
              $this->clear_posts();
              zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL',true, false));
    Which will skip that message if the coupon Minimum is not set and show the message for nothing qualified ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Which will skip that message if the coupon Minimum is not set and show the message for nothing qualified ...

That is only a part of the solution though. What about the case where a coupon minimum *is* set (say for $100.00) but there are no products in the cart eligible for the discount (for example, when the coupon is also restricted by product or category), but the cart also contains other products to the value of (say) $200.00

In this case the customer is going to be given a message like 'You must spend a minimum of $100.00 to redeem this coupon" rather than the more accurate response of "THIS COUPON CODE IS NOT VALID FOR ANY PRODUCT CURRENTLY IN YOUR CART".

Also, I think I owe you an apology, I wasn't really asking you for a solution (I already have one that appears to work). I was merely trying to explain the issue.

FWIW though, this is how I took care of it.

Code:
    function collect_posts() {
        global $db, $currencies, $messageStack, $order;
        global $discount_coupon;
        // remove discount coupon by request
        if (isset($_POST['dc_redeem_code']) && strtoupper($_POST['dc_redeem_code']) == 'REMOVE') {
          unset($_POST['dc_redeem_code']);
          unset($_SESSION['cc_id']);
          $messageStack->add_session('checkout_payment', TEXT_REMOVE_REDEEM_COUPON, 'caution');
        }
    //    print_r($_SESSION);
        // bof: Discount Coupon zoned always validate coupon for payment address changes
        // eof: Discount Coupon zoned always validate coupon for payment address changes
        if ((isset($_POST['dc_redeem_code']) && $_POST['dc_redeem_code'] != '') || (isset($discount_coupon->fields['coupon_code']) && $discount_coupon->fields['coupon_code'] != '')) {
          // set current Discount Coupon based on current or existing
          if (isset($_POST['dc_redeem_code']) && $discount_coupon->fields['coupon_code'] == '') {
            $dc_check = $_POST['dc_redeem_code'];
          } else {
            $dc_check = $discount_coupon->fields['coupon_code'];
          }

$sql = "select coupon_id, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_minimum_order, uses_per_coupon, uses_per_user,
                  restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, coupon_zone_restriction
                  from " . TABLE_COUPONS . "
                  where coupon_code= :couponCodeEntered
                  and coupon_active='Y'
                  and coupon_type !='G'";

$sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':couponCodeEntered', $dc_check, 'string');

$coupon_result=$db->Execute($sql);

if ($coupon_result->fields['coupon_type'] != 'G') {

if ($coupon_result->RecordCount() < 1 ) {
              $messageStack->add_session('redemptions', TEXT_INVALID_REDEEM_COUPON,'caution');
              $this->clear_posts();
            }
            $order_total = $this->get_order_total($coupon_result->fields['coupon_id']);

// left for total order amount vs qualified order amount just switch the commented lines
    //        if ($order_total['totalFull'] < $coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order']) {
    //        if (strval($order_total['orderTotal']) < $coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order']) {
    //
    //          $messageStack->add_session('redemptions', sprintf(TEXT_INVALID_REDEEM_COUPON_MINIMUM, $currencies->format($coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order'])),'caution');
    //          $this->clear_posts();
    //          zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL',true, false));
    //        }

// JTD - added missing code here to handle coupon product restrictions
            // look through the items in the cart to see if this coupon is valid for any item in the cart
            $products = $_SESSION['cart']->get_products();
            $foundvalid = true;

if ($foundvalid == true) {
              $foundvalid = false;
              for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($products); $i++) {
                if (is_product_valid($products[$i]['id'], $coupon_result->fields['coupon_id'])) {
                  $foundvalid = true;
                  continue;
                }
              }
            }

if (!$foundvalid) {
              $this->clear_posts();
            }

if (!$foundvalid) zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'credit_class_error_code=' . $this->code . '&credit_class_error=' . urlencode(TEXT_INVALID_COUPON_PRODUCT . ' ' . $dc_check), 'SSL',true, false));
            // JTD - end of additions of missing code to handle coupon product restrictions

$date_query=$db->Execute("select coupon_start_date from " . TABLE_COUPONS . "
                                      where coupon_start_date <= now() and
                                      coupon_code='" . zen_db_prepare_input($dc_check) . "'");

if ($date_query->RecordCount() < 1 ) {
              $messageStack->add_session('redemptions', TEXT_INVALID_STARTDATE_COUPON,'caution');
              $this->clear_posts();
              zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL', true, false));
            }

$date_query=$db->Execute("select coupon_expire_date from " . TABLE_COUPONS . "
                                      where coupon_expire_date >= now() and
                                      coupon_code='" . zen_db_prepare_input($dc_check) . "'");

if ($date_query->RecordCount() < 1 ) {
              $messageStack->add_session('redemptions', TEXT_INVALID_FINISHDATE_COUPON,'caution');
              $this->clear_posts();
            }

$coupon_count = $db->Execute("select coupon_id from " . TABLE_COUPON_REDEEM_TRACK . "
                                          where coupon_id = '" . (int)$coupon_result->fields['coupon_id']."'");

$coupon_count_customer = $db->Execute("select coupon_id from " . TABLE_COUPON_REDEEM_TRACK . "
                                                   where coupon_id = '" . $coupon_result->fields['coupon_id']."' and
                                                   customer_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "'");

if ($coupon_count->RecordCount() >= $coupon_result->fields['uses_per_coupon'] && $coupon_result->fields['uses_per_coupon'] > 0) {
              $messageStack->add_session('redemptions', TEXT_INVALID_USES_COUPON . $coupon_result->fields['uses_per_coupon'] . TIMES ,'caution');
              $this->clear_posts();
            }

if ($coupon_count_customer->RecordCount() >= $coupon_result->fields['uses_per_user'] && $coupon_result->fields['uses_per_user'] > 0) {
              $messageStack->add_session('redemptions', sprintf(TEXT_INVALID_USES_USER_COUPON, $dc_check) . $coupon_result->fields['uses_per_user'] . ($coupon_result->fields['uses_per_user'] == 1 ? TIME : TIMES) ,'caution');
              $this->clear_posts();
            }

$_SESSION['cc_id'] = $coupon_result->fields['coupon_id'];
            if ($_SESSION['cc_id'] > 0) {
              $sql = "select coupon_id, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_minimum_order, uses_per_coupon, uses_per_user,
                      restrict_to_products, restrict_to_categories, coupon_zone_restriction, coupon_code
                      from " . TABLE_COUPONS . "
                      where coupon_id= :couponIDEntered
                      and coupon_active='Y'";
              $sql = $db->bindVars($sql, ':couponIDEntered', $_SESSION['cc_id'], 'string');

$coupon_result=$db->Execute($sql);

$foundvalid = true;

$check_flag = false;

// base restrictions zone restrictions for Delivery or Billing address
              switch($coupon_result->fields['coupon_type']) {
                case 'S': // shipping
                  // use delivery address
                  $check_zone_country_id = $order->delivery['country']['id'];
                  break;
                case 'F': // amount
                  // use billing address
                  $check_zone_country_id = $order->billing['country']['id'];
                  break;
                case 'O': // amount off and free shipping
                  // use delivery address
                  break;
                case 'P': // percentage
                  // use billing address
                  break;
                case 'E': // percentage and Free Shipping
                  // use delivery address
                  break;
                default:
                  // use billing address
                  break;
              }

//          $sql = "select zone_id, zone_country_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . $coupon_result->fields['coupon_zone_restriction'] . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $order->billing['country']['id'] . "' order by zone_id";
              $sql = "select zone_id, zone_country_id from " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " where geo_zone_id = '" . $coupon_result->fields['coupon_zone_restriction'] . "' and zone_country_id = '" . $check_zone_country_id . "' order by zone_id";
              $check = $db->Execute($sql);

// base restrictions zone restrictions for Delivery or Billing address
              switch($coupon_result->fields['coupon_type']) {
                case 'S': // shipping
                  // use delivery address
                  $check_zone_id = $order->delivery['zone_id'];
                  break;
                case 'F': // amount
                  // use billing address
                  $check_zone_id = $order->billing['zone_id'];
                  break;
                case 'O': // amount off and free shipping
                  // use delivery address
                  break;
                case 'P': // percentage
                  // use billing address
                  break;
                case 'E': // percentage and free shipping
                  // use delivery address
                  break;
                default:
                  // use billing address
                  break;
              }

if ($coupon_result->fields['coupon_zone_restriction'] > 0) {
                while (!$check->EOF) {
                  if ($check->fields['zone_id'] < 1) {
                    $check_flag = true;
                    break;
    //              } elseif ($check->fields['zone_id'] == $order->billing['zone_id']) {
                  } elseif ($check->fields['zone_id'] == $check_zone_id) {
                    $check_flag = true;
                    break;
                  }
                  $check->MoveNext();
                }
                $foundvalid = $check_flag;
              }
              // remove if fails address validation
              if (!$foundvalid) {
                $messageStack->add_session('checkout_payment', TEXT_REMOVE_REDEEM_COUPON_ZONE, 'caution');
                $this->clear_posts();
                if (!$foundvalid) zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL',true, false));
              } else {
              //      if ($_POST['submit_redeem_coupon_x'] && !$_POST['gv_redeem_code']) zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'credit_class_error_code=' . $this->code . '&credit_class_error=' . urlencode(TEST_NO_REDEEM_CODE), 'SSL', true, false));
                $messageStack->add('checkout', TEXT_VALID_COUPON,'success');
              }
            }
          } else {
            $messageStack->add_session('redemptions', TEXT_INVALID_REDEEM_COUPON,'caution');
            $this->clear_posts();
          }

}
    //       if ($order_total['totalFull'] < $coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order']) {
            if (strval($order_total['orderTotal']) < $coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order']) {

$messageStack->add_session('redemptions', sprintf(TEXT_INVALID_REDEEM_COUPON_MINIMUM, $currencies->format($coupon_result->fields['coupon_minimum_order'])),'caution');
              $this->clear_posts();
            }
      }

I commented out the code in RED, and pasted a copy of it as the BLUE.

I'm not saying this is the best solution, just an easy one that appears to work with no side effects (that I'm aware of).

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Missed that one ...

v1.6 is smarter ...

If there are no qualifying Products in the cart and a minimum is set the message would be:
    This coupon code is not valid for any product currently in your cart.
    Plus there is a link to the Discount Coupon information in a popup link ...

If there is a qualifying Product in the cart with other Products that made the minimum, but were not qualifying Products the message would be:
    You must spend at least $75.00 to redeem this coupon

I have not tried your fix for v1.5.4, but so far it looks pretty good ... another when some Free Time, I will try to play with it and break ... er ... test it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Missed that one ...

If there are no qualifying Products in the cart and a minimum is set the message would be:

If there is a qualifying Product in the cart with other Products that made the minimum, but were not qualifying Products the message would be:

I have not tried your fix for v1.5.4, but so far it looks pretty good ... another when some Free Time, I will try to play with it and break ... er ... test it ...
    Yup, those are the messages I'm getting under those conditions with the changes I made :)

I'm not getting links for the popups though. Possibly because this site is using the COWOA mod (just guessing).

None of my other clients have reported this as being an issue/bug (probably because they either don't use Coupons, or if they do, they haven't applied any category/product limits (plus the fact that few customers would bother to report the problem if/when they work the way around it).

In short, it probably isn't worth spending any time with it on the currently affected versions (which could, in theory go way back to V1.3.x) and this thread could suffice for the few that do experience the problem).

Cheers
    RodG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12