Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default problem with upgrade from v151 to v153 - help please

upgrade problem v151 to v153.

Am upgrading from v151 to v 153 and getting this error:

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

Any Ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problem with upgrade from v151 to v153 - help please

Quote Originally Posted by bryanb3 View Post
    upgrade problem v151 to v153.

Am upgrading from v151 to v 153 and getting this error:

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

Any Ideas?
    You need to upgrade your database also ;)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thank you.

How do you do that?

The instructions don't mention an upgrade to the database. Am I missing something?

UPGRADE NOTES
    To upgrade from v1.5.1 to v1.5.3
    Simple: if you are using v1.5.1 already and have not customized any of the files listed in the changed_files-v1-5-2.html and changed_files-v1-5-3.html documents, then simply replace those files with the new versions contained herein.
    If you HAVE customized or altered certain files, simply re-do your customizations in the new version of those particular files by making the same changes needed.
    If you are using Addons/Plugins that have made alterations to those files, it is best to compare those changed files against the original v1.5.1 files, and see what changes were there ... and then re-build those changes in the v1.5.3 file.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bryanb3 View Post
    Thank you.

How do you do that?

The instructions don't mention an upgrade to the database. Am I missing something?

UPGRADE NOTES
    To upgrade from v1.5.1 to v1.5.3
    Simple: if you are using v1.5.1 already and have not customized any of the files listed in the changed_files-v1-5-2.html and changed_files-v1-5-3.html documents, then simply replace those files with the new versions contained herein.
    If you HAVE customized or altered certain files, simply re-do your customizations in the new version of those particular files by making the same changes needed.
    If you are using Addons/Plugins that have made alterations to those files, it is best to compare those changed files against the original v1.5.1 files, and see what changes were there ... and then re-build those changes in the v1.5.3 file.
    So regarding the files, that all is true, but the files only make half of ZC. The other half is the database. That is upgraded like other upgrade instructions state by using zc_install on the store and choosing to upgrade the database only.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you will give that a try. :)

Plugin Contributions

I was not able to upgrade the DB thought the ZC utility from 151 to 153. Kept giving me an error on the admin username and password. No I did not use the DB username and password. Used the zencart username and password. Was unable to update the db.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mikestewart View Post
    I was not able to upgrade the DB thought the ZC utility from 151 to 153. Kept giving me an error on the admin username and password. No I did not use the DB username and password. Used the zencart username and password. Was unable to update the db.
    I had the same problem. I ended up manually applying the 2 upgrade sql statements through SQL Patches. No problems when done.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Argh. There seems to be a bug in that password validation code specifically in v1.5.3 only.

We're working on a fix.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    After uploading the fix, the password works, but it then goes to a white page and the following shows up in my /logs folder:
    Code:
    [20-Jul-2014 09:32:04 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/user/html/catalog/../includes/classes/vendors/password_compat-master/lib/password.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/user/html/catalog/includes/classes/class.zcPassword.php on line 52
    Someone else had posted about this same error on another thread as well. Let me know what needs to be done to fix this up. Thanks! :)

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast