Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problem with upgrade from v151 to v153 - help please

Quote Originally Posted by laurelsstitchery View Post
    After uploading the fix, the password works, but it then goes to a white page and the following shows up in my /logs folder:
    Code:
    [20-Jul-2014 09:32:04 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/user/html/catalog/../includes/classes/vendors/password_compat-master/lib/password.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/user/html/catalog/includes/classes/class.zcPassword.php on line 52
    Someone else had posted about this same error on another thread as well. Let me know what needs to be done to fix this up. Thanks! :)
    Actually, I just tried again and it still went to the white screen, but no error log this time. Database upgrade was not applied.

Plugin Contributions

I seem to have the same password problem with an upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.3

I have made sure the password is correct by resetting it with the old install of Zencart.

I am using the 1.5.3 with New Fix.

Testing is on my home server :

CentOS 5.x

[root@home logs]# httpd -v
    Server version: Apache/2.2.3
    Server built: Jul 23 2014 10:09:41

[root@home logs]# php -v
    PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Dec 16 2013 03:52:26)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Debugger v5.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2010, by Zend Technologies

[root@home logs]# mysql -v
    Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 12137
    Server version: 5.0.95 Source distribution

I attempted to copy over my templates to the new version and then run the update. This failed as below.

I then tried with a completely fresh version with no modifications and JUST the correct configure files. This failed as well.

At one point when messing about early on I DID manage to complete the upgrade once, with warnings. I logged in to the admin panel and it showed the system updated to 1.5.3 but the database still not updated at 1.5.1

Logs from one attempt - I can provide more :

[root@home logs]# cat zcInstallLog_Aug-14-2014_03-05-59-WF1Vjs.log
    ---------------
    Aug 14 2014 15:05 -- inspect
    System Inspection Results:
    ------------------------------
    NA: Webserver => Apache
    NA: HTTP Host => home.server.net
    NA: Path_Translated => /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/html/zencart/zc_install/index.php(SCRIPT_FILENAME)
    NA: Real Path => /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/html/zencart
    NA: Server Free Disk Space => 40.83 GB
    NA: PHP O/S => Linux
    NA: PHP API Mode => apache2handler
    NA: PHP Max Execution Time per page => 600
    OK: Register Globals => OFF
    OK: MySQL Support => ON
    OK: PHP Version => 5.3.3
    OK: PHP Safe Mode => OFF
    OK: PHP Sessions Support => ON
    OK: PHP Session.AutoStart => OFF
    OK: PHP session.use_trans_sid => OFF
    OK: Current SQL Cache Folder => /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/html/zencart/cache-->Writeable
    OK: Suggested SQL Cache Folder => /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/html/zencart/cache
    OK: PHP magic_quotes_runtime setting => OFF
    OK: PHP magic_quotes_sybase setting => OFF
    OK: PHP GD Support => ON
    OK: GD Version => GD bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
    OK: PHP ZLIB Compression Support => ON
    OK: PHP OpenSSL Support => ON
    OK: PHP cURL Support => ON
    OK: CURL NON-SSL Capability => Okay
    OK: CURL SSL Capability => Okay
    OK: PHP Upload Support => ON upload_max_filesize=15M; post_max_size=20M
    OK: PHP Upload TMP dir => /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/tmp
    WARN: Apache .htaccess Support => OFF
    NA: PHP include_path => .:/usr/share/pear-addons:/usr/share/pear
    NA: PHP SMTP destination => localhost
    NA: PHP sendmail path => /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
    NA: PHP sendmail 'from' => [email protected]
    WARN: PHP open_basedir restrictions => /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/html/:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/share/pear-addons/:/tmp/
    OK: PHP Output Buffering (gzip) => ON
    OK: PHP XML Support => ON
    OK: PHP Session.Save_Path => /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/html/zencart/cache-->Writeable
    OK: includes/configure.php => Writeable
    OK: admin/includes/configure.php => Writeable
    OK: cache => OK 777 read/write/execute
    OK: images => OK 777 read/write/execute (INCLUDE SUBDIRECTORIES TOO)
    OK: includes/languages/english/html_includes => OK 777 read/write (INCLUDE SUBDIRECTORIES TOO)
    OK: logs => OK 777 read/write/execute
    OK: media => OK 777 read/write/execute
    OK: pub => OK 777 read/write/execute
    OK: admin/backups => OK 777 read/write
    OK: admin/images/graphs => OK 777 read/write/execute
    PHP Extensions compiled: Core, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, bz2, calendar, ctype, hash, filter, ftp, gettext, gmp, session, iconv, Reflection, standard, shmop, SPL, SimpleXML, sockets, exif, tokenizer, xml, apache2handler, curl, dom, fileinfo, gd, imap, json, ldap, mbstring, mcrypt, mysql, mysqli, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, wddx, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, Zend Debugger
    ------------------------------

---------------
    Aug 14 2014 15:06 -- database_upgrade
    FATAL: Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade

[root@home logs]# cat zcInstallExceptionDetails_Aug-14-2014_03-05-59-WF1Vjs.log
    ---------------
    Aug 14 2014 15:06 -- database_upgrade
    FATAL: Admin Password required to proceed with upgrade

[root@home logs]# cat zcInstallDEBUG-1408021571-965907.log
    [14-Aug-2014 15:06:12] PHP Warning: curl_setopt_array() [<a href='function.curl-setopt-array'>function.curl-setopt-array</a>]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/html/zencart/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/inspect/header_php.php on line 560

[root@home logs]# cat zcInstallDEBUG-1408021571-965907.log
    [14-Aug-2014 15:06:12] PHP Warning: curl_setopt_array() [<a href='function.curl-setopt-array'>function.curl-setopt-array</a>]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /home/e-smith/files/ibays/testbay/html/zencart/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/inspect/header_php.php on line 560

Now completely stuck with a couple of sites to update.

Any help appreciated.

B. Rgds
    John

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a similar problem, and now there's a big red error message across the top of the client's site.

I uploaded the new files to their proper location. When I tried to access the admin page, I got this error message:

Warning: You cannot access the admin until you have deleted the zc_install folder.
    (Use your FTP program or your hosting control panel.)

When I tried to access the /zc_install/ folder to do the upgrade, as per everyone's instructions, I got a 404 page.

When I deleted the /zc_install/ folder, I was able to access the admin page again...but I got the "Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Admin->Tools->Server Information to review patch levels." error message.

I looked at the Admin / Tools / Server page, and it has a whole bunch of information on it...including that my database is at 1.5.0. But I haven't any idea how I'm supposed to "patch it to a higher level." I don't even see anything within the shopping cart that refers to the database.

Please help??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    When I tried to access the /zc_install/ folder to do the upgrade, as per everyone's instructions, I got a 404 page.
    404 means "not found", which suggests you've put an incorrect URL in your browser.
    If the store is at www.example.com, and in FTP your store files are in the public_html directory, then you'd upload zc_install into public_html, and then point your browser to www.example.com/zc_install
    But if in FTP your store is under public_html/store/ then you'd upload zc_install to public_html/store/zc_install and then point your browser to www.example.com/store/zc_install or if the domain vhost was altered to point example.com to the /store/ directly then you'd point your browser to www.example.com/zc_install
    So, the correct action depends entirely on how you've configured the server and where you've put the files during the initial install.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

LOL Oh, I'm not that much of a newbie...although I'm sure it seems like it sometimes. ;-)

No, I had the url correct. The problem is that it was immediately saying I had to delete the entire folder before I could access the admin section. But how can I upgrade the database if I can't access the /zc_install/ folder?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The database-upgrade is done ONLY via zc_install. Once the db-upgrade is done, then you do delete the zc_install folder.
    Not necessary to login to the admin side to do it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I followed the link, installed the general.php file in the proper directory...and it still won't accept my username and password. My ZenCart upgrades are always a nightmare, but this is the worst yet. What gives??

(BTW, I had to uninstall and reinstall the zc_install folder five separate times before I was finally able to access it...using the same url each time.)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    ... ZenCart upgrades are always a nightmare, but this is the worst yet. What gives??.....
    Sorry for butting in here, but I tend to disagree with your statement.

I first started with ZC 1.3.7.1 back in 2007 with one store. That store is still alive and well, had umpteen modifications / upgrades and to date runs smoothly as version 1.5.3.

I *never* had a single hiccup with any of the upgrades I did to that store (or any other ZC installation), only because I took my time, read and followed the instructions carefully and did not take one single shortcut.

Meanwhile (7 years later) I am running several of my own ZC installations and administer ZC stores for clients and friends. Again: not one single malfunction.

Many of these stores have been moved or cloned between servers, local and live, and all are functioning as desired.

My tip: stick to the instructions, FAQ's and wiki and you won't go wrong.

And: take your time when attempting an upgrade.

Just my 2 cents....

Plugin Contributions

I'm running zencart on 8 different sites. Every upgrade I've done has been a massive headache. :-/ I do take my time, and follow everything very carefully, researching the forum or asking questions at every point I don't understand to make sure it goes smoothly. But still it never does. And I seem to have a special "gift" for finding bugs that no one else has. This current problem is a case example. I ran into the same "invalid password" error that so many other people did, and I followed the patch instructions most carefully. But it still isn't working. The zc_install script still does not accept my username/password. Why? I have no idea. :-< Apparently neither does anyone else.

Plugin Contributions

There has been some discussion that the issue occurs at/around specific php version differences. I believe I have been able to overcome it by applying the I forgot my password "patch" after the database has been loaded into the siteand before running the zc_install to perform the upgrade... My understanding is that at those different php points password encryption changes, but yet the I forgot my password fix seems to work...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast