Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problem with upgrade from v151 to v153 - help please

The change password script is not an upgrade your database script... That/those scripts are buried in the zc_install folder..

The fact that you know your password does not mean that the way ZC stores it is the way it expects to find it... ZC performs cryptography on what you type in. If it cyphers it differently in your old system than what the new system expects, then it is worthless and you get "locked out" something like your current condition. By using the forgot password script, a known good password (and account) is established that *WILL* work... The factthat you continue to *not* do the actions *is*a sign of being difficult about it. If you notice the title of the provided thread also addresses not being able to logon... Same thing, you're not able to logon for the purpose of the upgrade...

Do as you wish, but doing nothing will not resolve your customers issue and perhaps someone else should finish the task for you. (Which at this point I doubt I'd be asked based on the previous statements and that ivehad to take a totally undesireable tact to make the same statemment I have made for several pages already.)
    Last edited by mc12345678; 29 Oct 2014 at 11:58 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Well, I'm sorry you're upset at me, but I really don't understand. I am trying to follow your instructions, but I really don't get what you're trying to tell me. I'm not stupid, I've been maintaining several of these carts for the last 4 or 5 years. But this has me absolutely baffled. The advice I found earlier said to install that general.php file, which I did. I changed the secret-name-admin to just admin, and reinstalled the zc_install folder. I tried Admin/admin. I've done everything that makes sense. The part you typed above, which I quoted last time for reference...I just don't understand what you're trying to tell me. I'm sorry. I am trying, but I don't understand this program as well as you do, so you're using phrases that are perfectly logical to you, but they're Greek to me. I'm trying to figure them out, but they're just a bunch of words that don't come together in any way I understand. I'm far more frustrated than you would believe, because I know I'm missing something simple...from your far-more-knowledgeable point of view...but I just can't figure out what. I'm not "doing what I want" and ignoring your instructions...but I can't follow what I don't understand. I can't even find the "forgot password" script...it's not inside the zc_install or the Install SQL Patches page like you mentioned above. Maybe if I could find that, the rest of it would start to fall into place?

Plugin Contributions

So you haven't looked atthelink that was provided in the following post? http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...89#post1262789
    There is sql script included to address a lost password or the need to change it...

Plugin Contributions

The "I Lost It" script? Of course I did; I've had the page up on my monitor most of the day. A curiously appropriate title, all things considering. ;-)

1) I only have one login, so I can't log in with a second login. But I did reset my password once I logged in. It hasn't helped.

2) This only deals with if you lost your login...which I didn't.

As a sidenote, I tried to follow the instructions further down. When I try to log into my phpMyAdmin, I get this error message: #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server

Another standstill.
    Last edited by DK_Scully; 30 Oct 2014 at 03:58 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    The "I Lost It" script? Of course I did; I've had the page up on my monitor most of the day. A curiously appropriate title, all things considering. ;-)

1) I only have one login, so I can't log in with a second login. But I did reset my password once I logged in. It hasn't helped.

2) This only deals with if you lost your login...which I didn't.

As a sidenote, I tried to follow the instructions further down. When I try to log into my phpMyAdmin, I get this error message: #1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server

Another standstill.
    Yes a standstill on your side because yet again your being difficult and choosing not to do whathas been requested. Why? Because for the third time you can "know" all aabout your password you want, but guess what, it's not working.... Therefore the system doesn't agree with your perception of knowing your password. The sql provided corrects that. You for some reason refuse to do it and for the last 4 hours have been saying that you don't have any sql script to run to reset the password and yet you have just said it has been staring you in the face. Really?!

Good luck with this and the other installation of software that hasn't gone right for you recently.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not trying to be difficult or choose not to do what's been requested. It says to login using a second username. I can't do that; I don't have a second username. It says to reset my password. I did do that. The second step deals with how to retrieve a lost password. I haven't lost my password; I know what it is. I even reset it to make sure, per step 1. So that doesn't apply to me. I've done what I can...what else am I supposed to do?? And please don't be rude. I'm trying to work this out. Being rude to me when I'm honestly trying to make sense of it only makes you look bad, and it's not fair to me or anyone else who may read this thread.

Plugin Contributions

So if you read the instructions in more of their entirety. If the first action doesn't work or isn't available, move on to the next one... So, again, why not run the sql associated with the last step... How many more times does that need to be stated??? It is more than obvious that you know what it is that I have said to do otherwise you wouldn't be trying to provide an excuse for not doing it. I personally think that someone else would have already run the sql back at least a page ago. It's funny if I had posted the script here for you to run without any of the text or discussion that is included on the page to which you were directed that you more than likely would have tried it with success hours andhours ago, but instead choose not to do so.

Look, make a backup of your database, run the script, if after trying to complete the upgrade it doesn't work, you can restore the database and be no better or worse off. Besides that, this "site" should be a backup site anyways, so a "mistake" would not cause any issues. And therefore no reason to not run the sql.go back and read the posts and perform the requested action(s). When the steps have been performed please report the results.

Plugin Contributions

I've been trying to follow the steps listed EXACTLY as they were stated, to avoid causing more problems. If I can bypass the first step, fantastic. But for the record...as I told you last night, I did try to run the sql when I first saw the link, and encountered a standstill error, which I posted a few hours later when you queried whether I'd bothered to try it. That's why I stopped pursuing that angle...it didn't work.

I did make a full system backup before I started this whole procedure, and I'm very tempted to just restore it and forget about the upgrade entirely. There's nothing in it that can possibly be worth two days of beating my head against the wall. But I will try to fight my way through this confusion one last time. If it makes sense this morning, after a night's sleep, and I can make it work, I'll let you know.

Plugin Contributions

So once again...I've gotten no further.

I ignored step 1, and requested a new password to access my zencart admin. Once I got in, I reset the password. So now I'm in the admin center.

I created a new user.

I logged into the site's cPanel and clicked on phpMyAdmin to run this command:

In v1.5.x use this:
    Open your phpMyAdmin (supplied by your hosting company), select your store's database, then click the "SQL" tab and run this query:

And once again I hit the exact same standstill error. It requires me to log in, but it will not accept the username/password associated with the cPanel account. Since nothing else was working, I also tried my old ZenCart login, and the new one. Neither of them works, either, but I didn't expect them to.

There is no Reset Password feature in the phpMyAdmin, and I do not know how to get past this! This is exactly where I got yesterday afternoon, and have not been able to get further. Creating a new user in Zencart didn't help because I'm not in Zencart now, I'm in the cPanel. I don't know why I could log into cPanel without an issue but can't use the same username/password to access the phpMyAdmin. I Just Don't Know!

Plugin Contributions

And I have finally been able to send this...

Issues on my side.

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    So once again...I've gotten no further.

I ignored step 1, and requested a new password to access my zencart admin. Once I got in, I reset the password. So now I'm in the admin center.

I created a new user.

I logged into the site's cPanel and clicked on phpMyAdmin to run this command:

In v1.5.x use this:
    Open your phpMyAdmin (supplied by your hosting company), select your store's database, then click the "SQL" tab and run this query:

And once again I hit the exact same standstill error. It requires me to log in, but it will not accept the username/password associated with the cPanel account. Since nothing else was working, I also tried my old ZenCart login, and the new one. Neither of them works, either, but I didn't expect them to.

There is no Reset Password feature in the phpMyAdmin, and I do not know how to get past this! This is exactly where I got yesterday afternoon, and have not been able to get further. Creating a new user in Zencart didn't help because I'm not in Zencart now, I'm in the cPanel. I don't know why I could log into cPanel without an issue but can't use the same username/password to access the phpMyAdmin. I Just Don't Know!
    So, now that you are in phpMyAdmin, which is a step further than described yesterday. The fact that your admin panel in ZC still has admin access controls in the tools menu, it appears that the SQL query to run is the one related to before Version 1.3.9 and lower.. Your database does not appear to have been updated yet, therefore, the admin table still is in the format of the old ZC version. And it further seems odd that the admin panel was accessible unless the admin directory being used is using the old files and there is a separate admin directory that uses the new files. The newer SQL affects different fields in the admin table than the older SQL statement. By performing the SQL statements

Code:
    DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);
    (The Delete followed by the Insert) a new user is created for the ZC system and this new user is Admin with a password of admin. Do/did you receive any errors when performing the SQL previously performed or the one above?

Now the other part of this and which was referenced in the second post of page 3, if you look at your tables in myphpAdmin, do you have a prefix before the table identified as admin such as zen_admin? (the prefix would be zen_) Also, how many tables do you have in this database, is it around 95-100? or are there nearly twice that?

Once these SQLs have been performed in myphpadmin, the remaining portion of the upgrade is performed outside of the cPanel and myphpadmin. There is nothing further necessary to do in those.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast