Plugin Contributions

Default Abcd for beginners unknown to computer terminologies!

I am starting this new thread because for many like me, it is difficult to understand most of the computer technical terminologies like Host, Servers, php, SQL, MYSQL, etc. I visited most of the forums to get started but it was very difficult for me to learn because in this area I am totally zero. I am sure many of us like me must also be visiting these forums but are unable to understand or getting confused with all those important terminologies. This forum is in fact for KG STANDARD OF COMPUTER WEBSITE INSTALLATION. I invite knowledgeable, experienced and a well qualified computer website professionals who has the capacity and patience and to explain some terminologies first, its relevance to installation and a step by step procedure to get Zen Cart file installed successfully; JUST LIKE A KINDERGARTEN TEACHER EXPLAINS THE TINY TOTS.

I also invite persons like me to join this KG STANDARD FORUM to learn the basics here. I believe that Zen Cart will find more success by approving this forum and more downloads of the software will increase in future.

Hope we get a new teacher for this forum!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Abcd for beginners unknown to computer terminologies!

There are many help sites and forums online to explain different kinds of basic computer terms and processes, and it would be more productive to visit those for this fundamental computer information.
    For one, www.w3schools.com has tutorials on HTML, CSS, PHP and other topics. A search for terms like "web hosting tutorial" (ignoring the commercials) should show some good information.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your response, dear! I am not here in this forum to learn all those basics available at www.w3schools.com . The idea is to know about the terminologies and its relevance in short and then go ahead for the launching of the e-commerce website. I don't have time to spend extra at www.w3schools.com. Simply know about it and then implement it and that's all. Hope you understand this!

Plugin Contributions

The step by step procedure is here, in the FAQs:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...stall-zen-cart
    The article points you to places where you can learn more about things you need to know, but there are many alternatives and it cannot tell you which will be best for you. For the most fundamental computer terms, you should look in places like Wikipedia, where they are well described. Once you understand the fundamental terms, you can make sense of the FAQ articles here which are specific to Zen Cart.