Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SIM Timeout

gokeypa, sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. No, that's now what I meant. A retail merchant must have a bank of some sort, in addition to an internet gateway. Now-a-days, Authorize.net WILL do it all (be the 'bank', AND the internet gateway - think they charge around $60 month), but if you already have a retail merchant account to process your credit cards (for a storefront, for example), let's say, with Bank of America (they're bad and sneaky), you will STILL have to have an internet gateway company (authorize.net, for example) to securely handle internet transactions if you sell things online.. Authorize.net charges around $30 a month for their internet gateway services, but my 'bank', the people I have my retail merchant account with, get Authorize.net's services for $9.99 a month. I was using the word 'processor' for my bank,, sorry... So to make sure that I'm not too confusing... Here's what I have.. I have a Retail Merchant account with my bank (that's the people that I like so much). THEY also handle the billing and the initial setup of my internet gateway account (Authorize.net). Because I use Authorize.net through my bank, my fee for Authorize.net is only $9.99 a month instead of $29.99 (my bank gets a discount), and my total Retail Merchant fees, including PCI is only $19.99 a month, making my total bill just under $30 a month for everything, including the gateway fee (authorize.net). If you use AIM module, you will still need Authorize.net;;; the difference being the customer will enter their credit card information while on YOUR website, and at that point, YOUR website talks to Authorize.net account and gets the approval or decline.. but the customer never leaves your website. With SIM, the page the customer enters his/her credit card info on is ON the Authorize.net website (they have actually left your website, and get redirected back to your website once the transaction is over). That's the difference.. but in either case, you still have to have the Authorize.net account (or some internet gateway) in addition to a Retail Merchant account; unless something has changed that I don't know about, that's what has to happen, more or less..
    Last edited by Johnnycopilot; 30 Jul 2014 at 12:10 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok sorry for losing track. Yes, what you stated is correct as I know it as well.

I got an email from Authorize.net this afternoon "07-29-2014" letting me know that both Authorize.net and Godaddy are working together to fix the issue. I was given no time frame for the correction and told that since it is a known issue I will not be notified when it is fixed. "great customer service there." Below is the copy of the base email that I received. Just an FYI I still do not know if trying the AIM access will work or not, the AIM may and most likely will still have the same issue as SIM.

Email response from Authorize.net.
    "Thank you for contacting us in regards to the problems you are having. After your call I got an update that GoDaddy has contacted us and we are working with them to resolve the issue.

Thank you for reporting this issue. GoDaddy is now in touch with Authorize.Net to investigate this issue and we are working together to find a resolution. We do not yet know how soon the issue will be resolved, but we are making progress in the investigation.?

We will get the issue resolved as soon as possible, since this is a known general problem you won't receive further contact from me about it.

Thank you for contacting Customer Support."

Plugin Contributions

Thanks gokeypa!! I switched all 4 of my sites over to AIM and they are working perfectly. I think that you should definitely give it a try.. it won't take but a few minutes, and you will be up and running until they get the SIM issue fixed; assuming they work like mine did... but I would think it would work... good luck, and let me know if you find out this problem is fixed, and I will do the same for you.. Thanks!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the heads up. I just switched my site over to the AIM as well and it is working again. I will let you know if I find out anything about the SIM process.

Plugin Contributions

I am replying to this email so I can be notified by the thread. I don't use zen-cart but I am still affected.

I use DPM (Direct Payment Method) and the relay response to capture the information.

I too began having issues with GoDaddy/Authorize.net on 7-26-2014, I had no prior issues and no code changes, and I had a successful payment on 7-24-2014.

In desperation, I changed my relay response page to be on a Yahoo hosted domain, it was working out well until suddenly around 5:30 pm CST it suddenly stopped working and began giving the same IMMEDIATE timeout error that I was getting with GoDaddy. So it appears it is not quite GoDaddy unless Authorize.net has an issue because the initial request was coming from a GoDaddy server.

oh, and I am also having the issue on my Authorize.net sandbox account.

Both GoDaddy and Authorize.net gave me the same run-around everyone on this thread is getting.
    Last edited by llong; 30 Jul 2014 at 02:50 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks llong; Interesting... and likewise, if you find anything out, please post here :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this. I don't even use Zen Cart but have been having the exact same problem with custom software. This topic was very helpful so I want to share some potentially useful data back.

1) GoDaddy is aware of the problem and installed a patch today. It didn't solve it for me, though.

2) Authorize sort of denies there's a problem, but then admitted that they started sending out these kinds of confirmations from two new IP addresses recently -- the tech support person couldn't tell me know recently. They said the new IP addresses are 198.241.168.60 and 198.241.162.104 "in case you want to whitelist them."

Is there even a place to whitelist IP addresses at GoDaddy? I looked around but didn't see any.

Thanks,

Mark

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msalt View Post
    Thanks for this. I don't even use Zen Cart but have been having the exact same problem with custom software. This topic was very helpful so I want to share some potentially useful data back.

1) GoDaddy is aware of the problem and installed a patch today. It didn't solve it for me, though.

2) Authorize sort of denies there's a problem, but then admitted that they started sending out these kinds of confirmations from two new IP addresses recently -- the tech support person couldn't tell me know recently. They said the new IP addresses are 198.241.168.60 and 198.241.162.104 "in case you want to whitelist them."

Is there even a place to whitelist IP addresses at GoDaddy? I looked around but didn't see any.

Thanks,

Mark
    I kept testing the relay response today and I found it continued to NOT work. I have not even heard back from Authorize.net...there goes the 'get back to you in 24-hours promise'.

So I decided to take the advice of the other posters and write new code for AIM...which is really crummy that I had to do that, but it appears to be working just fine at this point.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

GoDaddy alleges that the problem has been resolved. (It was a problem with a recent necessary change in security rules protecting your websites.)

If you are still having issues with SIM, contact GoDaddy support and let them know.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, Question.. 1st, thanks for trying. SIM's still not working. I'll try again tomorrow. The problems with contacting GoDaddy is; they will not admit there is a problem, they will not let anyone (Joe Customer) have access to anyone that will admit there is a problem, they will not give anyone access to ANY of their Techs. It's literally explaining the same thing over and over again to someone that comes back and tells you the same thing as the person before. Extremely time consuming and useless, not to mention annoying. So, if you could give us, even if it has to be in a IM, the name and contact information of even one person that will actually admit there is or was a problem in the first place and knows what the problem is or was, it may not actually be a waste of time to contact GoDaddy. Or perhaps you could give me information to let customer support know who/where to start looking,,, because literally, they put the phone down and start asking questions to other people in the same room with them.. they don't have a clue... and it's the same every time. I've called them at least 5 times on this matter.. and they get me to send that same screenshot every time. I haven't even spoken to one single person at GoDaddy that even knew what SIM or AIM is.. but like I said, Thanks VERY much for giving it a shot to talk to them on our behalf.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast