Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy Google Analytics - Support

i found no way to edit my post so i will add here. i looked at real time analytics, while the purchase was made on my site, it seems like it tracks everything, except checkout_success. do i need to add something there manually?

Plugin Contributions

I have zc version 1.5.4 and I installed the easy google analytics however it doesn't seem to work, when I log in to my google analytics I don't receive any data at all. I'm new to zc so I don't even know where to start looking in to it in order to find the problem and fix it. If anyone here had a similar problem or knows where I should start looking it would really help.
    Thanks..

Plugin Contributions

In my logs I get this:
    Code:
    PHP Warning:  Unterminated comment starting line 409 in /home/addvant/public_html/addvant_il_154/includes/templates/westminster_new/google_analytics/google_analytics.php on line 409
    Does anybody know what I should do?

Plugin Contributions

It wasn't that the file ended with a comment that wasn't closed.. I closed it but it didn't help..

Plugin Contributions

I know you mentioned that you closed the comment string and that didn't appear to be it.

That error typically does mean an opening comment was not closed. Can you post what the line of code looks like now that you 'closed it' to make sure all looks ok?

Could it be that the file referenced refers to another file that potentially has issues?
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    I know you mentioned that you closed the comment string and that didn't appear to be it.

That error typically does mean an opening comment was not closed. Can you post what the line of code looks like now that you 'closed it' to make sure all looks ok?

Could it be that the file referenced refers to another file that potentially has issues?
    Thanks, I had already managed to fix the problem. Turns out I have UA and I set to ga. Additionally I didn't realize the plugin will insert the code I received from google automatically so I inserted it. Once removed and after I changed the settings to UA everything seams to be working fine.

Plugin Contributions

Glad you got it fixed!
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

When I check my Organic Search channel I usually get the message "Keyword (not provided)", sometimes but not often I see a real keyword or two.
    Is this a feature or something I can fix?

I have V1.5.1 and classic template.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    When I check my Organic Search channel I usually get the message "Keyword (not provided)", sometimes but not often I see a real keyword or two.
    Is this a feature or something I can fix?

I have V1.5.1 and classic template.

Thanks
    This is something that is completely controlled on Google end and is no function of any tracking module (because it is controlled on Google's end). It's for privacy reasons and works like this:

When a user is logged into their Google Account and actively searches the internet, Google does NOT track their search habits. However, when they are not logged into their Google Account it does (that is when you see the keywords).

There are filters I usually set on all my client's Google accounts that can give you great insight and better detail to those pesky "not provided" listings though (which basically are no help at all in determining what your visitors searched on.)

Hopefully that helps a bit.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    This is something that is completely controlled on Google end and is no function of any tracking module (because it is controlled on Google's end). It's for privacy reasons and works like this:

When a user is logged into their Google Account and actively searches the internet, Google does NOT track their search habits. However, when they are not logged into their Google Account it does (that is when you see the keywords).

There are filters I usually set on all my client's Google accounts that can give you great insight and better detail to those pesky "not provided" listings though (which basically are no help at all in determining what your visitors searched on.)

Hopefully that helps a bit.
    Thanks for your lightening quick answer.

Seems to be a trick by Google to favour people who pay for adwords, if the customer clicks on an adword advt. then I see the exact search term; if they click on a relevant link provided by Google then I do not see the search term (mostly). :)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast