Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Dual Pricing V1.8 separate shipping rates for wholesale/retail + other questions

I wanted to get some input from people that aren't necessarily keeping up with the Dual Price thread. I offer free shipping to Retail Customers, but I need to charge shipping for my wholesale customers. I have Ceon Advanced Shipper, which works GREAT, but I can only sort shipping methods by specific Products, Manufacturers, or Categories. What is the best way to separate wholesale and retail shipping prices (for products I sell retail AND wholesale)? can I and/or do I need to make an entire new set of products just for wholesale customers, and if so, how do I hide those products from Retail Customers? Also, I need to add unique products at wholesale quantities that aren't viewable to my retail customers; but it would be better if I could just add the wholesale unique items, keep them hidden from retail, and get the products that I retail AND wholesale to have different shipping prices.. I'm not asking for too much.. ha.. .. Any ideas would be appreciated.... thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dual Pricing V1.8 separate shipping rates for wholesale/retail + other questions

Ok, let me ask this. Is anyone using Dual Pricing? (that's read this post), and if so, how can I hide products from retail, but show them in Retail? Thanks!!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dual Pricing V1.8 separate shipping rates for wholesale/retail + other questions

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycopilot View Post
    Ok, let me ask this. Is anyone using Dual Pricing? (that's read this post), and if so, how can I hide products from retail, but show them in Retail? Thanks!!!
    I wouldn't go and duplicate products for wholesale and retail UNLESS your catalog of products is small. Duplication would only cause more maintenance to upkeep the store. What you should do is to make the shipping choices conditional based on the status of the customer logged in to your store. So just put a check on the shipping options you provide to see if the customer status is wholesale or not and show the relevant shipping options.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaritai View Post
    What you should do is to make the shipping choices conditional based on the status of the customer logged in to your store.
    How do I make the shipping choices conditional based on the status of the customer logged in? That's exactly what I want to do...
    So just put a check on the shipping options you provide to see if the customer status is wholesale or not and show the relevant shipping options.
    What do you mean, put a 'check' on the shipping options? Thanks !!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycopilot View Post
    How do I make the shipping choices conditional based on the status of the customer logged in? That's exactly what I want to do...

What do you mean, put a 'check' on the shipping options? Thanks !!!
    By "check", I mean to use the session set by dual pricing mod to act as a filter to show the shipping options. When your customers log onto your site, a session is set that notifies your site whether the customer is a retail or wholesale customer with this "$_SESSION['customer_whole']" which the value will be either 0 (retail) or 1 (wholesale).

As for the shipping modules, I understand that you offer free shipping to retail but not to wholesale. Are you using the built in free shipping method in zencart? And for the advanced shipper mod, are all other shipping methods offered to both customer groups? If not, which ones are offered to retail and which to wholesale.

Plugin Contributions

I specifically created:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1890

To support different table rates for wholesale and retail customers. (although it works for just retail to.)

However CEON's Adv Shipper mod doesn't support Wholesale/Retail shipping. And I'm not sure how much support is given to the module since Conner passed (we all miss him)

Plugin Contributions

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but I am trying to do this also with freeoptions shipping mod and Dual Pricing 2.1.1. Any ideas as to what the code should look like?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I think more information might be in order....Retail gets free shipping when they have $50+ in their cart...Wholesale does not get free shipping. ZenCart 1.5.1 running Dual Pricing 2.1.1.

Plugin Contributions

By "check", I mean to use the session set by dual pricing mod to act as a filter to show the shipping options. When your customers log onto your site, a session is set that notifies your site whether the customer is a retail or wholesale customer with this "$_SESSION['customer_whole']" which the value will be either 0 (retail) or 1 (wholesale).
    That sounds like what I need to do. How do I "use the session set by dual pricing mod to act as a filter to show shipping options?". Let me give you a little more info... I am using Ceon advanced shipper because I need the following parameters.. Free shipping on orders over $100, but only to lower 48 states customers. Regular shipping prices for orders under $100, and people in HI, AK, PR, and Canada, for any dollar amount. So, if I could use their 'session' to tell my zen cart which shipping method to use (I could make another method for wholesale), that would be exactly what I need.
    As for the shipping modules, I understand that you offer free shipping to retail but not to wholesale. Are you using the built in free shipping method in zencart?
    I'm using Ceon Advanced shipper to determine who gets free shipping, but I DO have the free shipper module installed.. I believe I had to install that to make free shipping work.
    And for the advanced shipper mod, are all other shipping methods offered to both customer groups? If not, which ones are offered to retail and which to wholesale.
    I'm confused about this question. I don't know how to offer different shipping methods to both customer groups, that's what I am trying to figure out.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bislewl View Post
    I specifically created:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1890

To support different table rates for wholesale and retail customers. (although it works for just retail to.)

However CEON's Adv Shipper mod doesn't support Wholesale/Retail shipping. And I'm not sure how much support is given to the module since Conner passed (we all miss him)
    Conner was an awesome person, that's for sure. Thanks for your post.. About the mod you created... is there ANY way I can use it for my wholesale customers only? I know that question sounds almost conflicting with what you said, but I don't know any other way to word it. I don't need any of the features of the Ceon Advanced shipper for my wholesale customers; I only need regular shipping rates. I am using Ceon advanced shipper because I need the following parameters with retail customers only.. Free shipping on orders over $100, but only to lower 48 states customers. Regular shipping prices for orders under $100, and people in HI, AK, PR, and Canada, for any dollar amount.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!! Thanks :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast