Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer's credit card is charged, but order isn't showing up in admin

I've had the same issue happen with me twice - the customer's card is charged but there is no order associated with it. I think it is a time out issue with Authorize.net, but I don't know how to fix it.

This is the email I got from Authorize.net the second time it happened (the first time I just got a decline notification):

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.

Transaction Result: This transaction has been approved.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer's credit card is charged, but order isn't showing up in admin

Quote Originally Posted by AvaAdorn View Post
    I think it is a time out issue with Authorize.net, but I don't know how to fix it.
    The cause of time outs can be very hard to isolate, and fixing them is often even harder.

It the timeouts are from Authorise.net's end there isn't much you can do, except increase the timeout period, but as a general rule if no response is received in a matter of seconds it is unlikely to come at all.

If the timeouts are from the store site of things it can be caused by overloaded servers, overloaded network, DNS issues, bad code <tm>, etc, etc., which are also many of the things that you have no control over (other than changing hosts).

If this occurs all the time (daily or more) it's something worth looking into. If the problem only occurs once ever week or three (preferably longer) then you could problably treat it as just one of those things that happen on the Internet.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

I've had the same issue happen with me twice - the customer's card is charged but there is no order associated with it. I think it is a time out issue with Authorize.net, but I don't know how to fix it.

This is the email I got from Authorize.net the second time it happened (the first time I just got a decline notification):
    Auth.net SIM or Auth.net AIM?

If Auth.net SIM, check your .htaccess file in the root folder.
    Disable/temporarily remove the .htaccess file and see if the Auth.net time out disappears.

If the issue goes away, then there is something in the .htaccess.

In my case, it was

Code:
        RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^$ [NC,OR]
    The entire thread related to my issue where I received the identical message is:
    recent Auth.net SIM timeout thread
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Auth.net SIM or Auth.net AIM?

If Auth.net SIM, check your .htaccess file in the root folder.
    Disable/temporarily remove the .htaccess file and see if the Auth.net time out disappears.

If the issue goes away, then there is something in the .htaccess.

In my case, it was

Code:
        RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^$ [NC,OR]
    The entire thread related to my issue where I received the identical message is:
    recent Auth.net SIM timeout thread
    I use Auth.net SIM. How will I know if the issue goes away since it has only happened twice? Should I remove the .htaccess file anyway? Will that hurt anything? Or am I better off leaving it alone and just dealing with it when it happens periodically (as RodG recommends)?

Plugin Contributions

I use Auth.net SIM. How will I know if the issue goes away since it has only happened twice? Should I remove the .htaccess file anyway? Will that hurt anything? Or am I better off leaving it alone and just dealing with it when it happens periodically (as RodG recommends)?
    In our case, the issue occurred on every transaction and we had debugging turned on.

.htaccess file, I leave that to other, more qualified individuals to respond, but it would be useful to know what's in your /.htaccess.

My opinion is that if the issue can be isolated and corrected, it is better to fix than have occasional, grumpy customers. But, if you cannot reproduce the issue, it is difficult to fix.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

In our case, the issue occurred on every transaction and we had debugging turned on.

.htaccess file, I leave that to other, more qualified individuals to respond, but it would be useful to know what's in your /.htaccess.

My opinion is that if the issue can be isolated and corrected, it is better to fix than have occasional, grumpy customers. But, if you cannot reproduce the issue, it is difficult to fix.
    Like RixStix said, be good to know what is in it. ZC doesn't require an .htaccess file in the store root, so good to know what does and that way can make good. Suggestions. Be sure to obscure your admin folder name if it is included for some reason.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

.htaccess file, I leave that to other, more qualified individuals to respond,
    If a problem is caused by something in the .htaccess file it will be both consistent and repeatable (as it was in your case).

If ot's an intermittent problem that can't be repeated it is *extremely* unlikely to be .htaccess related.

My opinion is that if the issue can be isolated and corrected, it is better to fix than have occasional, grumpy customers.
    Agreed (who wouldn't?)

But, if you cannot reproduce the issue, it is difficult to fix.
    Difficult being a bit of an understatement.

Cheers
    RodG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12