Plugin Contributions

Default How do I Display Additional Read Only Product Information from Custom Product Fields

I have a big question. I have been reading and researching this issue for two weeks now. I have looked at the Numinic and Tabbed Products Pro modules and read forum posts upon forum posts. I need to understand how to create a page or a new tabbed menu to give customers the ability to view / read additional product information that is important for them to have to make a product purchase decision. Ok. here we go. I have imported the first set of products successfully using Easy Populate 4. The custom fields data has been successfully imported as well. and installed one of Picaflor-Azul's templates.

Here are the key custom product fields:

Custom Field Name Screen Display Name
    product_information Product Information
    botanical_name Botanical Name
    ingredients Ingredients
    suggested_uses Suggested Uses
    safety_information Safety Information
    label_directions Label Directions
    upc UPC
    organic Organic
    kosher Kosher
    origin Country of Origin
    case_size Case Size
    uom Unit of Measure
    uoomperea Unit of Measure per Each

The product_information, suggested_uses, safety_information, label directions, and ingredients fields in particular often have a lot of information. I looked at the Tabbed products pro module to see if I can use it to display the content that's in the custom fields on my product layout screen. However, I would have to concatenate the custom fields and merge them with the product description field and somehow insert tags so that they can display.

Is there some way to add the read only content of the custom fields so that they appear as is presented in the attached images? Or is there an easy way to add a a button labeled "More Product Information" that opens to a single expanded page, like the example below, that lists the additional product information from the custom product fields?

Example:

UPC
    0-49347-01854-5

Product Information
    Peppermint refreshes the senses and clears away the grogginess; the delicious aromas of orange and lemon are an invitation to the unique possibilities the day can bring. Cardamom will add a little spice to your life.

Botanica Name
    Prunus armeniaca

Label Directions
    Shake well and mist the airspace around you to stimulate energy and motivation. Now go get ‘em!

Ingredients
    Water (Agua), Eletteria Cardamomum (Cardamom) Seed Oil, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Oil, Citrus x Limon (Lemon) Oil, Mentha x Piperita (Peppermint) Oil.

Organic
    N/A

Kosher
    Not-Kosher

Suggested Uses
    TO REFILL: Combine 30 drops of Aura Cacia® Pep Talk Essential Solutions™ blend with 2 ounces of water.

Safety Information
    CAUTION: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. IF PREGNANT, SUFFERING FROM ANY MEDICAL CONDIDITON, OR TAKING MEDICATION, CONSULT A HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER BEFORE USE.

Origin
    United States

Case Size

Unit of Measure
    FO

Unit of Measure per Each
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Product Info - Tabbed Menu With Additional Product Info from Custom Fields.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	14364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Option B-Product Info - Tabbed Menu With Additional Product Info from Custom Fields.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	14365   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Product Information - Original - Without Custom Fields Additional Product Info.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	14366