Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS JS Loader [Support Thread]

Is "CSS JS Loader" required for the "Google Merchant Center Feeder" to work? We are running into memory problems with the google feeder and they suggested on teh Google feeder forum that the "CSS JS Loader" is required.

Plugin Contributions

Is CSS/JSS loader intended to work in V1.5.5a? I see V1.5.4 is OK.

I tried installing in V1.5.5a but it did not run; no entry in the Configuration menu.
    Also no errors shown in the zen cart log file.

Plugin Contributions

"Is CSS/JSS loader intended to work in V1.5.5a? I see V1.5.4 is OK.

I tried installing in V1.5.5a but it did not run; no entry in the Configuration menu.
    Also no errors shown in the zen cart log file."

Some more details

I followed the instructions step by step and everything was OK until I replaced the code in html_header.php as instructed. Then my storefront simply did not open; there is no error message in my logs.

I compared the list of code I am supposed to delete in html_header.php with the actual code in 1.5.5a.

Only difference is installation instructions has this code in the example to be replaced which is immediately after "load all site-wide jscript_*.js files from includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/jscript, alphabetically"
    Code:
    /** CDN for jQuery core **/

<script>window.jQuery || document.write('<script src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.11.1.min.js"><\/script>');</script>
      <script>window.jQuery || document.write('<script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript'); ?>/jquery.min.js"><\/script>');</script>

<?php
    whereas the 1.5.5a html_header.php has different code and immediately before "load all site-wide jscript_*.js files from includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/jscript, alphabetically" not after!

1.5.5a code
    Code:
    /** CDN for jQuery core **/
    ?>

<script type="text/javascript">window.jQuery || document.write(unescape('%3Cscript type="text/javascript" src="//code.jquery.com/jquery-1.12.0.min.js"%3E%3C/script%3E'));</script>
    <script type="text/javascript">window.jQuery || document.write(unescape('%3Cscript type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('.js',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript'); ?>/jquery.min.js"%3E%3C/script%3E'));</script>

<?php
    Could this code difference explain my problem? This is all on my test site so it is not urgent to fix!

Thanks for any advice!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I always avoid using the "CSS/JSS loader" plugin, because it's always made it harder to support or upgrade every site I've ever seen it on.

I've never found any legitimate reason for it to be needed, except that some plugins "require" it (that is, were 'built to expect it') for completely unnecessary reasons.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I wish I could avoid the "CSS/JSS loader" plugin too but I like the Image Zoom and it does not seem to work without it; why it is necessary is a good question :)

Plugin Contributions

HELLO ! I have the same problem
    CSS/JSS loader DONT LOAD and Im thinking its not work in 155a

Im trying install QUICK VIEW plugin and need CSS/JSS loader
    well I just load the js file putting they in /jscript folder and reamed with prefix "jscript_" the original name was jquery_quick_view.js and was inside jquery folder just renamed to jscript_jquery_quick_view.js and put it in /jscript folder

After this just open and copy all css to the stysheet.css and now "work" the plugin
    well well work work not all the secondary image inst showing in the quick view
    mabe I missed something

www.zencartnewage.com to see it working...
    resume: load the .js files and put the css's to the stysheet.css and not needed CSS/JSS loader
    but look that will load to all pages and will be a bit slow the role site.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all, I installed css js loader, I have three templates, one for Italian language, one for English and one for the mobile,
    Plug in function between the two machine, but on the mobile template, does not minimize the jscrips? because? Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I always avoid using the "CSS/JSS loader" plugin, because it's always made it harder to support or upgrade every site I've ever seen it on.

I've never found any legitimate reason for it to be needed, except that some plugins "require" it for completely unnecessary reasons.
    Zen Cart loads JavaScript alphabetically. It has no ability to control library dependencies and therefore you'll get plugins loading before the main jQuery library or duplicate versions of jQuery loading. Our plugins that use jQuery require CSS JS Loader for this reason.

Upgrading is actually a lot easier if you are talking about JS files. You can simply load all of the auto_loader files into your editor and do a quick find and replace. If you are upgrading jQuery 1.9.2 to 1.12.1, for example, you can find and replace and then save the files to the server. I'd need an example of how it makes it more difficult.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by giancalr View Post
    Hi all, I installed css js loader, I have three templates, one for Italian language, one for English and one for the mobile,
    Plug in function between the two machine, but on the mobile template, does not minimize the jscrips? because? Thank you
    CSS JS Loader needs to be installed to the mobile template as well if you are using a separate template for mobile users. This may cause issues though as most mobile template are highly customize and have their own way of loading JS and CSS files. Likely you'll need to update them to use CSS JS Loader instead if you intend to use it. We've only tested our mods on responsive templates and do not recommend mobile templates.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mauari View Post
    HELLO ! I have the same problem
    CSS/JSS loader DONT LOAD and Im thinking its not work in 155a

Im trying install QUICK VIEW plugin and need CSS/JSS loader
    well I just load the js file putting they in /jscript folder and reamed with prefix "jscript_" the original name was jquery_quick_view.js and was inside jquery folder just renamed to jscript_jquery_quick_view.js and put it in /jscript folder

After this just open and copy all css to the stysheet.css and now "work" the plugin
    well well work work not all the secondary image inst showing in the quick view
    mabe I missed something

www.zencartnewage.com to see it working...
    resume: load the .js files and put the css's to the stysheet.css and not needed CSS/JSS loader
    but look that will load to all pages and will be a bit slow the role site.
    Likely you are missing the edits to your custom templates common/html_header.php and common/tpl_main_page.php files. Once those are modified, CSS JS Loader will output the files in your HTML.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast