Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS JS Loader [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I always avoid using the "CSS/JSS loader" plugin, because it's always made it harder to support or upgrade every site I've ever seen it on.

I've never found any legitimate reason for it to be needed, except that some plugins "require" it for completely unnecessary reasons.
    Zen Cart loads JavaScript alphabetically. It has no ability to control library dependencies and therefore you'll get plugins loading before the main jQuery library or duplicate versions of jQuery loading. Our plugins that use jQuery require CSS JS Loader for this reason.
    Given that they are loaded alphabetically it's quite easy to control load-order just by naming the files accordingly.
    Plus, in v1.5.5 jQuery is loaded before any other jscript_* files, so that dependency is already taken care of, leaving very few other load-order issues that would need managing via filename.
    Far simpler to manage in my experience.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Given that they are loaded alphabetically it's quite easy to control load-order just by naming the files accordingly.
    Plus, in v1.5.5 jQuery is loaded before any other jscript_* files, so that dependency is already taken care of, leaving very few other load-order issues that would need managing via filename.
    Far simpler to manage in my experience.
    who knew??

i too have experienced the headaches associated with load order and problems with CSS/JSS loader. i too find it rather difficult to maintain....

perhaps when i have time, i will now pull it out from some clients sites. troubleshooting JS load problems is always a pain, and once i have things working, i'm always hesitant to start fiddling and make it "better".....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    who knew??

i too have experienced the headaches associated with load order and problems with CSS/JSS loader. i too find it rather difficult to maintain....

perhaps when i have time, i will now pull it out from some clients sites. troubleshooting JS load problems is always a pain, and once i have things working, i'm always hesitant to start fiddling and make it "better".....
    It can be difficult for those used to the way Zen Cart does it. The problem is that so many template-builder websites use their own way and not the Zen Cart way, so they scatter their stuff everywhere.

CSS JS Loader also adds a minify option, browser-specific CSS/JS, and support for meta fields. Our clients that use it are using only plugins that are compatible with it, which makes it a lot easier to manage. Third-Party plugins that use Zen Cart's default system are fine as well. When a file has the same name, it's not duplicate loaded. Many of our clients have high traffic websites with orders coming in every few seconds, so having the speed optimizations offered by this plugin are very important.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numinix View Post
    It can be difficult for those used to the way Zen Cart does it.
    i am still a big fan of the loader

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I installed CSS JS Loader in my V155d with the green classic template on my non-SSL xampp test site.
    Installation seemed to work OK, I got the "loader installed" message at the top and I can configure the loader in the Admin configuration but my storefront does not open.
    Earlier I had it installed on my v154 site where it was OK

I got the following Log message but I have no clue what it is telling me

[01-Feb-2017 16:32:28 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /zencart155d/catalog/[Admin]/configuration.php?gID=40, IP address: ::1
    #1 trigger_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart155d\catalog\includes\functions\plugin_support.php:68]
    #2 plugin_version_check_for_updates() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart155d\catalog\[admin]\includes\init_includes\init_css_js_loader_config.php:79]
    #3 require(C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart155d\catalog\[admin]\includes\init_includes\init_css_js_loader_config.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart155d\catalog\includes\autoload_func.php:48]
    #4 require(C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart155d\catalog\includes\autoload_func.php) called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart155d\catalog\[admin]\includes\application_top.php:171]

[01-Feb-2017 16:32:28 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice: CURL error checking plugin versions: 60:SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain
    Trying file_get_contents() instead. in C:\xampp\htdocs\zencart155d\catalog\includes\functions\plugin_support.php on line 68

Plugin Contributions

OK, did some more research.
    I am running this on my non SSL xampp test site PC.

My Admin site opens fine after installing the CSS JS Loader but when I try to open the storefront I get the error message "PHP Notice: CURL error checking plugin versions: 60:SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain"

This message I discovered is an SSL Cerificate failure, but I do not want or have SSL on my test store front.

My includes/configure.php is unchanged, copy below, and worked fine on my test site before installing the CSS JS Loader. Only since installing CSS JS Loader do I see the SSLproblem.
    My admin/includes/configure.php file must be correctly set to non SSL because the admin site opens fine!

I am using v155d and the responsive classic template
    What else could be triggering SSL certificate request? Or where should I look?

Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * @package Configuration Settings
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2016 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * File Built by Zen Cart Installer on Wed Dec 28 2016 11:03:32
     */

/*************** NOTE: This file is VERY similar to, but DIFFERENT from the "admin" version of configure.php. ***********/
    /***************       The 2 files should be kept separate and not used to overwrite each other.              ***********/

/**
     * Enter the domain for your store
     * HTTP_SERVER is your Main webserver: eg-http://www.yourdomain.com
     * HTTPS_SERVER is your Secure/SSL webserver: eg-https://www.yourdomain.com
     */
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost:8080');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost:8080');

/**
     *  If you want to tell Zen Cart to use your HTTPS URL on sensitive pages like login and checkout, set this to 'true'. Otherwise 'false'. (Keep the quotes)
     */
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');

/**
     * These DIR_WS_xxxx values refer to the name of any subdirectory in which your store is located.
     * These values get added to the HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER and HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER values to form the complete URLs to your storefront.
     * They should always start and end with a slash ... ie: '/' or '/foldername/'
     */
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/zencart155d/catalog/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/zencart155d/catalog/');

/**
     * This is the complete physical path to your store's files.  eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
     * Should have a closing / on it.
     */
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', 'C:/xampp/htdocs/zencart155d/catalog/');

/**
     * The following settings define your database connection.
     * These must be the SAME as you're using in your non-admin copy of configure.php
     */
    define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', ''); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); // 'utf8' or 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'xxxx');  // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxx');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD',xxx'');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxxxx');

/**
     * This is an advanced setting to determine whether you want to cache SQL queries.
     * Options are 'none' (which is the default) and 'file' and 'database'.
     */
    define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'none');

/**
     * Reserved for future use
     */
    define('SESSION_STORAGE', 'reserved for future use');

/**
     * Advanced use only:
     * The following are OPTIONAL, and should NOT be set unless you intend to change their normal use. Most sites will leave these untouched.
     * To use them, uncomment AND add a proper defined value to them.
     */
    // define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD' ...
    // define('DIR_FS_LOGS' ...

// End Of File

Plugin Contributions

It's the CSS/JS Loader attempting to see if an update is available.

Use your admin's Tools->Developers Tool Kit to search for plugin_version_check_for_updates in all files to locate the instance associated with the CSS/JS Loader and simply comment-out that function call.

Plugin Contributions

On the principle of trying everything I tried deleting the "define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://localhost:8080');" in the configure.php but it did not help.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    It's the CSS/JS Loader attempting to see if an update is available.

Use your admin's Tools->Developers Tool Kit to search for plugin_version_check_for_updates in all files to locate the instance associated with the CSS/JS Loader and simply comment-out that function call.
    You are a star, that fixed it :)

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by marton_1 View Post
    You are a star, that fixed it :)

Many thanks
    Thanks for the compliment, but note that what I provided is a work-around, not a fix! To actually correct the issue (and enable your XAMPP installation to run in SSL mode), check out this Zen Cart posting: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....er-certificate

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast