Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CSS JS Loader [Support Thread]

Do yourself a favor and DO NOT install that plugin. It causes more headaches than it's worth, and you can actually do a much better job yourself (manually) than you'll ever get from this plugin...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply, found this one as well but it is full of PHP warnings on php7.4 My logbook literally grew by thousands per day. I had to uninstall again.

I am using 157c on php7.4 with SQL5.7 and HTTP/2

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by balihr View Post
    Do yourself a favor and DO NOT install that plugin. It causes more headaches than it's worth, and you can actually do a much better job yourself (manually) than you'll ever get from this plugin...
    Exactly what i discovered. Any pearls of wisdom you might want to share with me. I am already using the (Link Preload) option for my main Stylesheet and the jquery.min.js files. Any other advice?

Plugin Contributions

I've recently discussed it with someone here, but can't remember what the thread was about... Depending on your level of knowledge, you could take this very far, or you could simply try to do as much as you can by:
    - combining all stylesheet_XYZ.css files into one single file (no need for multiple hits)
    - minifying all of your CSS files (there's tons of free online services to do that)
    - combine your JS files as much as you can, but be careful
    - minify the combined files (again, tons of online services)

And, of course, remove any files (or even lines) that are not used. If a js file is used exclusively on a product_info page, consider moving the file to includes/modules/pages/product_info/ so it doesn't load on every single page.

I'm not a fan of the template you're using and I don't really know how much room for improvement there is, but run PageSpeed tests and follow suggestions until you get the best results you can. Yeah, you won't get perfect results, but you can get very close...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply and advice. I am busy with the minifying process. As for combining the files, I believe this must be done to a limited degree as I am running HTTP/2 and not HTTP/1.1 HTTP/2 can do simultaneous processing of files and by combing the files we will reduce this advantage gained.

I have already modified the template in a number of places, busy making it my own. At least on PAGESPEED i am receiving a 89% speed index on the majority of my product pages with JS identified as the main culprit for not doing better. Let's see what happens after I run all the files through the minify process. I also just found a number of JS files that can be moved to the relevant page sections. (Thanks for the reminder of this possibility, sometimes you stare at the big mountain and miss the pathway to the top (smile)

Again, thank you for your responses.

Plugin Contributions

In preparation for moving to PHP 8.0 I'm working my way through various undefined array and variable warnings, mainly due to old un-maintained plugins. The cause of this warning

Code:
    PHP Warning: Undefined variable $manufacturers_id in D:\wamp64\www\mydomain.co.uk\includes\modules\featured_products.php on line 21
    appears to be the removal, by this plugin, of the $manufacturers_id which would usually be defined in html_header.php. I'm not sure how others have approached this but I have added this line back into that file.

PHP Code:
    $manufacturers_id = (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) ? $_GET['manufacturers_id'] : ''
    Last edited by simon1066; 28 Jun 2022 at 02:26 PM.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    In preparation for moving to PHP 8.0 I'm working my way through various undefined array and variable warnings, mainly due to old un-maintained plugins. The cause of this warning

Code:
    PHP Warning: Undefined variable $manufacturers_id in D:\wamp64\www\mydomain.co.uk\includes\modules\featured_products.php on line 21
    appears to be the removal, by this plugin, of the $manufacturers_id which would usually be defined in html_header.php. I'm not sure how others have approached this but I have added this line back into that file.

PHP Code:
    $manufacturers_id = (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) ? $_GET['manufacturers_id'] : ''
    i am a fan of the null coaslesce operator. see:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/migrat...ll-coalesce-op

PHP Code:
    $manufacturers_id $_GET['manufacturers_id'] ?? ''
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    i am a fan of the null coaslesce operator. see:

https://www.php.net/manual/en/migrat...ll-coalesce-op

PHP Code:
    $manufacturers_id $_GET['manufacturers_id'] ?? ''
    Thank you, I'll bookmark that.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Thank you to @numinix for updating the CSS/JS Loader mod to work with PHP 8, the latest version is at

numinixDOTcom/plugins-other-modules-c-381_392/css-js-loader
    Simon

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617