Plugin Contributions

Default "sorry, not accepting payments from your region at this time" possible fix

i am not a "coder" but i think i may have found the error (or one of them)

i keep getting intermittent customers "sorry, not accepting payments from your region at this time"

1. new customers (it has happened a few times, and i lose the sales)
    2. existing customers making their first purchase. (sometimes it works, other times not)
    3. existing customers who have made purchases in the past successfully, but now have the error.

the error occurs when the customer has already entered their credit card info and clicks on "confirm order" button
    i then assume that the PAYMENT_METHOD.PHP takes over at that point.

payment zone is set to none
    shipping zone is set to none
    store info is set correctly

i was going over line by line my payment module .php code (gps.php) says written by zen-cart staff.

in around line #675

$db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_GPS_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'zen_get_zone_class_title', 'zen_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");

every other line of the code there is set to '6', '0'

could that line be giving the "sorry" error and should be set to '6', '0' and not '6', '2'

please advise ASAP..thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "sorry, not accepting payments from your region at this time" possible fix

This is not a "BUG"

You did not state what payment method you have installed nor other pertinent information needed to assist you
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "sorry, not accepting payments from your region at this time" possible fix

what exact information need i provide?? i have both..successful and unsuccessful transactions.

i have read every single thread and post regarding this. the only thing in common is the "sorry," error (with the exception of all the posts i have made.)

all payment methods are off (except for my processor gps.php) title include zen-cart signature
    zones (shipping, payment and tax) are all set to none and have been set and unset many times.

all shipping is free shipping all zones set to none.

all tax is set to none.

--i have BOTH successful and unsuccessful transactions.... some on the same day, some by the same person. i have even had the customer call me and i log in as them, and both successfully and unsuccessfully complete the transaction for them. i have had a customer delete one account and open a new one. i have had one customer get the error 6 seperate times, then it worked for him out of the blue.

--i sincerely feel that because this always is a "not shipping to you region at this time" error it has to do with the way the zone is captured by the payment module.

error occurs at the point where after the customer enters the credit card info and hits "confirm order" button at the bottom of the page. that action instructs a file (?) to capture certain information. again ALL zones are set to none.

i do not know how better to explain it other than that...tell me what you need and i will provide it..thanks kobra for answering

Plugin Contributions

When you select reply there is a box titled "Posting Tips" with several questions/information that should be included

What is gps.php from?? I do not see it in the plugins area
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

<?php
    /**
    * @package paymentMethod
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2011 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    */
    /**
    * Gateway Processing Services Module (3-step redirect)

that is the title of the page. i just found a line of code that seemed "funny" and may be out of place for some reason, and could be the source of the error.

i thought after posting about this in many different areas over the last 1 1/2 years that someone with just a bit of knowledge, or experience with the issue would reply. responses were to address everyone elses issues (mostly shipping or payment zones being set to none) which i commend. i and could see that all of the mistakes they were making were addressed and fixed.

the only relation there is between their issue and mine is the error message.

i am not calling out zen-cart i LOVE zen-cart!! i am trying to narrow down the issue by explaining the best that i can, and due to it's nature of being intermittent. my host finds no error (yet), payment processor never sees the error, because it never gets that far.

php version on servers is 5.2.17
    my sql is 5.5.37-35.1

Plugin Contributions

Still can't find this module - it is not written by the ZenCart team as what you posted is required by the rules of GNU

Post a link to where you got it
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

ok i will go back and find that file and link you.

after getting line by line code from the servers i found the following which may help.

after looking line by line i found the difference between the successful transactions and unsuccessful ones.

successful lines contain

checkout_confirmation&token-id=[obscure number] mozilla/5.0

unsuccessful are

checkout_confirmation mozilla/5.0

on the next entry line the error occurs

where exactly does the "token-id" originate?? if there is no token-id the transaction is always unsucessful

in every successful transaction i find checkout_confirmation&token-id=[obscure number]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 510ego View Post
    i was going over line by line my payment module .php code (gps.php) says written by zen-cart staff.
    No, not written by Zen Cart staff. But whoever wrote it probably just cloned an existing payment module and didn't put their name in the headers.

Quote Originally Posted by 510ego View Post
    in around line #675

$db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_GPS_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'zen_get_zone_class_title', 'zen_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");

every other line of the code there is set to '6', '0'

could that line be giving the "sorry" error and should be set to '6', '0' and not '6', '2'
    No, that particular value is only the sort-order of display for when settings are displayed on-screen in your Admin.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ok thanks.

i did find the module i am using on the plug ins.

NMI Gateway Services Payment Module NMI Gateway Services Payment Module : This payment module is for use with NMI direct or any company using our NMI Gateway Services backend.

this is where the gps.php file can be found

i did a test on one of my active sites.

i attempted 3 times to run my own card. got a "sorry, not accepting payments from you region" each time.

what i did notice the radio button was missing, however it was the only module installed.

then i went back and changed the payment module to accept "payment by check or money order" and the check/money order worked, but tried again with the credit card and still no go.

i got creative and removed the module and put in gateway_services_cc my only issue is that it did not return me to a checkout_success page, but the payment did work.

i wrote to the support staff for nmi to find out if they know how to contact the author of the module so i can finally have this issue resolved.

the module should not be intermittent between successful and "error" pages, only sometimes granting tokens. if i could get the gateway_services_cc to return the checkout_success page, i think it would solve this issue once and for all.

thanks for all the help. if there is anything you could add, i would appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

nmi is contacting the coder. they were able to reproduce the error several times. but while doing so also got several successful transactions also.

so at this point i will wait for the coder to respond...any fixes will be posted here on this thread.