Default Homeslider not showing up in IE

My website is www.kaydanae.com

If you open it up in IE, the homepage slider does not show up. In Chrome, the slider is shown with the footer menu in front of it. In Firefox, it is showing correctly. Everything was showing just fine on all browsers up until today.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Homeslider not showing up in IE

Quote Originally Posted by reciecup View Post
    My website is www.kaydanae.com

If you open it up in IE, the homepage slider does not show up. In Chrome, the slider is shown with the footer menu in front of it. In Firefox, it is showing correctly. Everything was showing just fine on all browsers up until today.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
    Files do not change themselves, so there must have been some change between today and yesterday :) Can you contact your web host and have them restore a back up from yesterday?

Thanks,

Anne

Thanks for your reply. I contacted my host, who backed my site up to this past Sunday. That did not fix the issue. They are telling me that it is a problem with the template, which I do not agree with.

The site was fine right before I signed up for GoMobi ( to make a mobile version of my site ). Right after that I pulled my site up and got an "Error 500 Internal Server Error" message. I called my host. They said it had something to do with my .htaccess and that he would fix it. Right after I got off the phone with them, I went and pulled my site up again. This time, no error message, but the slider was missing as described in my first post. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this to happen since my host is obviously of no real help?

Contacted Hostgator again and this is their response:

"Hello again,

I went ahead and reactivated GoMobi on your site so I could see exactly what changes it is making. I was correct that GoMobi only modifies the .htaccess file. Here were the only changed files after enabling it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [root@gator3120 /home4/reciecup/public_html/kaydanae.com]# find -mtime -1
    ./.htaccess.1407956778
    ./.htaccess
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it doesn't look like GoMobi has modified any of your site files at all. These kinds of rendering issues are caused by the coding of your site and any modifications that GoMobi has made. I would still recommend that you contact the theme developer again let him know what we have found. If he understands that GoMobi has not made any changes to the coding of your site he should look into this for you."

I am kind of desperate here, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by reciecup View Post
    Contacted Hostgator again and this is their response:

"Hello again,

I went ahead and reactivated GoMobi on your site so I could see exactly what changes it is making. I was correct that GoMobi only modifies the .htaccess file. Here were the only changed files after enabling it.
    [root@gator3120 /home4/reciecup/public_html/kaydanae.com]# find -mtime -1
    ./.htaccess.1407956778
    ./.htaccess

So it doesn't look like GoMobi has modified any of your site files at all. These kinds of rendering issues are caused by the coding of your site and any modifications that GoMobi has made. I would still recommend that you contact the theme developer again let him know what we have found. If he understands that GoMobi has not made any changes to the coding of your site he should look into this for you."

I am kind of desperate here, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.
    Since the problem is on the home page only I would back up the define_main_page.php and any other files specific to the home page like index_home.css etc. and then restore the files from the default template package and rebuild from there.

If you change the height in #home-banner to match the height of your slides it will fix the home page problem.

Thanks,

Anne
    Last edited by picaflor-azul; 13 Aug 2014 at 09:07 PM.

Thank you so much for your reply, Anne.

I'm pretty new to this. Could you please tell me which files relate to the home page? And also where would I find #home-banner so that I can change the height for the slider?

I found the #home-banner and was able to fix that. I just need to know the homepage files to back up before I start tinkering with those.

Okay. I think I am headed in the right direction. I had to edit my index_home.css

Here is what it said:

#navBreadCrumb{display:none;}
    .centerBoxHeading{background:none;border-bottom:1px solid #888887;width:90%;margin:0 auto;font-size:21px;font-weight:400;padding-bottom:11px;color:#000;text-shadow:none;margin-top:-30px;}
    .centerBoxWrapper{display:none;}
    #contentMainWrapper{display:none;}

I had to remove #contentMainWrapper{display:none;} and the slider shows up fine in IE now. However, it was added initially to get rid of that empty white area underneath the slider. Is there any other way to get rid of that white area without deleting the whole slider?

Fixed it. Thanks!