Plugin Contributions

Default Customer orders in admin area: Why do orders reformat? Text is small, Margins are off

Hi everyone!

Did an upgrade 1.38a to 1.5.3 this weekend via FTP after having 1.38a for about 6 years.
    I have These known addons:
    EZ Pages Meta addon
    Paypal express
    Sales Reports

I have a weird problem where orders placed that contain customer notes with the product (typically about 2 sentences) is causing the text to reformat very small and also the sentence runs off the right margin and is not printed with the order.

I can't find any info on what I might change in admin settings or php. It's very odd that more text would cause the size to change. Any suggestions? I'm attaching pictures of the print, and then screen shot of my admin area for the same order
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	14417Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	14418
    Last edited by gachogavacho; 18 Aug 2014 at 10:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer orders in admin area: Why do orders reformat? Text is small, Margins are

I think I need to make some changes in a Stylesheet.

Is there a stylesheet that controls the way an order looks? Can anyone name it for me? I'm using "inspect page" in google chrome to try and find what element is causing the page layout to not wrap text for input by customers.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer orders in admin area: Why do orders reformat? Text is small, Margins are

In your stylesheet file:
    /your_secret_admin/includes/stylesheet.css

you will find:
    Code:
    .smallText{
    font-size:9px;
    }
    You could change that size there ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,

Thank you very much for your input. But the text is only small because it appears the browser (through css or I have no idea) is trying to fit all of the text on the page to print it. In attempting to do so, it makes the text as small as it will get and when there isn't enough room.. it runs off the page as seen in the pictures i've attached.the text doesn't line wrap. If the text would wrap, I wouldn't be on Odesk right now trying to find a developer lol. If I find someone to fix this for me, i'll ask them what the problem was and post back here in case anyone has this issue in the future. Any other ideas?

Plugin Contributions

So I ended up hiring a developer, great guy. Joe Didomenico from Embryodesign.com

The file updated is: MYADMINFOLDER/orders.php Look around line 570. It was a <nobr> tag that put al of the text on a single line. If anyone else has this problem, removing that should take care of it!

PHP Code:
    // edit removing <nobr> tag below to make the text wrap on order pages

echo '<br /><small>&nbsp;<i> - ' $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ': ' nl2br(zen_output_string_protected($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']));
              if (
    $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] != '0') echo ' (' $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['prefix'] . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true$order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . ')';
              if (
    $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['product_attribute_is_free'] == '1' and $order->products[$i]['product_is_free'] == '1') echo TEXT_INFO_ATTRIBUTE_FREE;
              echo 
    '</i></small>'