Plugin Contributions

help question Linking mp3 clips to specific mp3 downloadables

I need to make a sound clip available for a potential buyer to hear when an mp3 is selected for addition to his/her cart. i can't seem to get the media manager to behave.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Linking mp3 clips to specific mp3 downloadables

Quote Originally Posted by Banjoguy View Post
    I need to make a sound clip available for a potential buyer to hear when an mp3 is selected for addition to his/her cart. i can't seem to get the media manager to behave.
    Ran across problems with 1.5.1 as well, but works in 1.5.3. Wonder if some of the associated files can be "mixed and mashed" to work.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Ran across problems with 1.5.1 as well, but works in 1.5.3. Wonder if some of the associated files can be "mixed and mashed" to work.
    Bad of me not to state the problem...

I have defined a file type or verified that it exists: title: MP3, extension: .mp3

In media manager, created a new item: classic
    After saving, went to edit.
    Browsed on my device to upload a mp3 file, file size is like 47 kb. Select add,
    The page refreshes and at the top of the screen appears: header in pink, and there is no indication of the sound file being added to the group.

In 1.5.3, at the last step, the file is uploaded and linked to the group. Able to associate with a product at that time if desired.

Under 1.5.1, can associate with a product before uploading, and still get same result either way with a product associated or not.

Plugin Contributions

Trying to run 1.5.1......

The way I eventually did it:
    I called each mp3 recording a collection name. Went directly to "Edit" and added a clip from the my pc collection. Zen cart uploaded it to the media folder. I then cancelled the operation and moved on to the next mp3 recording. From that point on, the clips were associated with the "available for download" mp3 full recording named at the top of the collection. Furthermore, the clips showed up on the sale page when the item was individually selected for viewing.
    It's cumbersome and messy, but it works. The Media manager does not work as defined in documentation.
    It does not recognize products under my categories.

Thanks for your input....

Ciao

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Banjoguy View Post
    Trying to run 1.5.1......

The way I eventually did it:
    I called each mp3 recording a collection name. Went directly to "Edit" and added a clip from the my pc collection. Zen cart uploaded it to the media folder. I then cancelled the operation and moved on to the next mp3 recording. From that point on, the clips were associated with the "available for download" mp3 full recording named at the top of the collection. Furthermore, the clips showed up on the sale page when the item was individually selected for viewing.
    It's cumbersome and messy, but it works. The Media manager does not work as defined in documentation.
    It does not recognize products under my categories.

Thanks for your input....

Ciao
    When you get around to upgrading your ZC software, the process is much cleaner in 1.5.3 and appears to work as advertised. A shame that it didn't/doesn't under 1.5.1.