Plugin Contributions

Default Is there another way to upgrade the database to avoid the "password wrong" bug?

Today I had the bad idea to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.5.3. In the beginning it looks likes was simple and trusted as older upgrades. Do NOT. After upgrade the files... the step Database Upgrade it keep rejecting the password. I researched again and again, changes files, lines that supposed fix the problem... but the same. Now my store show a beautiful red band on the top warning about the database need to be upgraded.
    If you are a Zen cart user, I recommend always NEVER UPGRADE to the latest version. You better way one year to avoid bugs. If they release 1.5.9. you better upgrade to 1.5.8. Is more secure.

My question is... there is a way to upgrade the database from MySQL admin panel??? Or from the ZC admin Intall SQL patches?
    Last edited by DArnaez; 22 Aug 2014 at 04:12 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: There is another way to upgrade the database to avoid the "password wrong" bug?

Quote Originally Posted by DArnaez View Post
    My question is... there is a way to upgrade the database from MySQL admin panel??? Or from the ZC admin Intall SQL patches?
    I don't know if this is recommended, but I ran the two sql files in the zc_install folder that upgraded from 1.51 to 1.52, then 1.52 to 1.53. All turned out as it should. I did a copy and paste of the SQL statements into the ZC admin patch processor rather than load the files.
    Last edited by chain_man; 22 Aug 2014 at 12:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: There is another way to upgrade the database to avoid the "password wrong" bug?

That still may/may not fix the issue depending on if in the infinite wisdom of operating the cart, some sort of additional password encryption was added that is not accounted for in the final install/usage.

What I have done at least one time, is to reset the password to the default password posted in the FAQ and then done the database upgrade.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Since thousands of people are successfully upgrading their websites to v1.5.3, the better idea would be to ask what you are doing wrong, or what unique conditions you may have, that causes your upgrade attempts to fail. With expert attention, your case is most likely solvable.