Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Local Install - Database Warning

Hi to all,

I have recently Installed the latest Zen 1.5.4 on my Windows PC through XAMPP and after visiting the local site I get the following warning at the top of the page...

"Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels"

When I do this there is no patch info that i can see (I assumed no patches as of yet due to recent release of 1.5.4)

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Not sure what information to provide but here's what myphpadmin shows...

php v 5.6.3
    phpMyAdmin v 4.3.8
    server version v 5.6.21
    Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: f373ea5dd5538761406a8022a4b8a374418b240e $

Apologies for vague Info....

Many Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Local Install - Database Warning

Paste here the top section, plus the Zen Cart version history section.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by James Bond View Post
    Hi to all,

I have recently Installed the latest Zen 1.5.4 on my Windows PC through XAMPP and after visiting the local site I get the following warning at the top of the page...

"Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels"

When I do this there is no patch info that i can see (I assumed no patches as of yet due to recent release of 1.5.4)

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Not sure what information to provide but here's what myphpadmin shows...

php v 5.6.3
    phpMyAdmin v 4.3.8
    server version v 5.6.21
    Database client version: libmysql - mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: f373ea5dd5538761406a8022a4b8a374418b240e $

Apologies for vague Info....

Many Thanks
    I assume you are able to login to the admin panel. If so, click on version in the upper right hand corner, identify for us, the database and file versions that are located towards the bottom of the upper set of data...

Was this an upgrade of your zc files? Certainly doesn't appear to be a new install otherwise wouldn't get told that the database was out-of-date.

Updating database: backup the database just in case, copy zc_install folder back to your store's root, run zc_install, ignore messages that configure.php files are now writeable, select upgrade database only.... DO NOT DO A NEW INSTALL OR INSTALL OF THE SAMPLE DATABASE. **DOING SO WILL DELETE YOUR EXISTING STORE DATA, BUT You HAVE A BACKUP RIGHT?**, once all zc Version patches have completed running all togethe (messages are likely to be displayed about inability to do actions because they are "unnecessary" (already ezists, already removed, etc..), close out of the zc_install process and remove the zc_install folder again..

May need to also apply a couple of other patches, though good to see PHP not at 5.2.xxx.

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-4
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte. I've pasted the top section. It's a fresh install of 1.5.4 so I'm not seeing a version history...?

Server Information
    Server Host: localhost (127.0.0.1) Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Windows NT APOLLO 6.1 build 7601 (Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1) i586 Database: MySQL 5.6.21
    Server Date: 01/30/2015 15:09:20 Database Date: 01/30/2015 15:09:19
    Server Up Time: Unsupported HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.10 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1i PHP/5.6.3
    PHP Version: 5.6.3 (Zend: 2.6.0) PHP Memory Limit: 128M PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 2M POST Max Size: 8M
    Database Data Size: 216 kB Database Index Size: 330 kB

Zen Cart 1.5.4

Database Patch Level: .

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Evidently it's unable to detect what's already in the database properly, hence the "needs to be upgraded" message.

Because it's showing nothing for version history, it's possible that /includes/version.php is damaged.

Also, it may be worth looking for error messages recorded in the /logs/ folder as myDebug-adm-xxxxxxx.log

You didn't mention whether you've added any plugins/mods/addons/customizations to the code. But if you have, then any of them could be interfering

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I assume you are able to login to the admin panel. If so, click on version in the upper right hand corner, identify for us, the database and file versions that are located towards the bottom of the upper set of data...

Was this an upgrade of your zc files? Certainly doesn't appear to be a new install otherwise wouldn't get told that the database was out-of-date.
    I posted the info mc12345678, and It was a fresh Install so I'm bemused as to why It would say database needs patching. I'll try the zc install again just on database as advised.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte. I'll look at the mentioned files and see if anything Is amiss.

Plugin Contributions

I posted the info mc12345678, and It was a fresh Install so I'm bemused as to why It would say database needs patching. I'll try the zc install again just on database as advised.
    Well, since in my response I went beyond the same first request of Dr. Byte (turning out to be unnecessary in this case), I'm not so sure that the zc_install process will resolve anything based on the data retrieved and the suspicion of the versions.php file (helps in identifying when to notify of a db upgrade) being damaged.

I was thinking that perhaps the database used for this store, might have existed from some previous local installation and that now that a local store was being installed (for testing) again, that the old store was "still" present. And tada, would get asked to update/upgrade if that was all that was done basically.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As an afterthought; I did upgrade to the latest phpmyadmin AFTER installing Zen, could this be an issue?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

As an afterthought; I did upgrade to the latest phpmyadmin AFTER installing Zen, could this be an issue?
    No. Zen Cart has nothing to do with phpMyAdmin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast