Plugin Contributions

Default How Was A Customer Able To Buy Without Registering?

Recently had a sale to a customer where he successfully completed the sales transaction, used CEON Manual Card for payment, and everything went swmmingly! However, there is no record of his customer profile (that's what we call customer account). He thought he set it up, and we would like for him to set it up as we enable a customer discount for all future orders after the first purchase.

I know I can set his profile up for him, and give him a temporary password to change later, but I would really like to know how this happened.

Under Configuration/Customer Details/Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices, I have set it to 0 (not required), but what I would like is a setting that allows browse, and displays prices, but requires a customer profile before a purchase can be made. Is there some tie-in to Configuration/Customer Details/Customer Approval Status - Authorization Pending? Does authorization happen immediately upon registering, or does it require the shopowner to do something special?

Thanks,
    Phil
    www.heirloomstocherish.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How Was A Customer Able To Buy Without Registering?

[QUOTE=Phil Soth;1256677]

but what I would like is a setting that allows browse, and displays prices, but requires a customer profile before a purchase can be made.

That's the way Zencart works by default. You don't have any sort of COWOA mod installed ?

Plugin Contributions

No COWOA mod is installed. In reading the description of COWOA, it appeared to me that it would not solve my problem, although it might give me a little more info. Also, however I solve this issue, I want to make sure it is as transparent to the customer as possible.

Here are my settings in Configuration/Customer Details
    Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices
    Customer must be approved to shop
    0= Not required
    1= Must login to browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless logged in
    3= Showroom Only

...and in Customer Approval Status - Authorization PendingCustomer must be Authorized to shop
    0= Not required1= Must be Authorized to Browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless Authorized
    3= Customer May Browse and May see Prices but Must be Authorized to Buy

Thanks,
    Phil

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Soth View Post
    No COWOA mod is installed. In reading the description of COWOA, it appeared to me that it would not solve my problem, although it might give me a little more info. Also, however I solve this issue, I want to make sure it is as transparent to the customer as possible.

Here are my settings in Configuration/Customer Details
    Customer Shop Status - View Shop and Prices
    Customer must be approved to shop
    0= Not required
    1= Must login to browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless logged in
    3= Showroom Only

...and in Customer Approval Status - Authorization PendingCustomer must be Authorized to shop
    0= Not required1= Must be Authorized to Browse
    2= May browse but no prices unless Authorized
    3= Customer May Browse and May see Prices but Must be Authorized to Buy

Thanks,
    Phil
    What stevesh was getting at is do you have something installed that would allow bypassing the ZC default functionality. Ie, what plugins do you have installed/customized code?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Oops! I didn't understand....I'm on v1.5.1, and haven't modified any code (that I'm aware of anyway) and have installed the following modules: apsona, CEON Manual Card (this is how the customer arranged payment), Column Layout Grid, css3 buttons, Flexible footer (not active), image handler (not active).

A little more in COWOA: It would do exactly what I don't want to happen (and what is happening now, although the custome can't even log in to see the status of his order). I don't mind if a customer waits until they checkout to finalize their registration, and I don't mind if someone browses my store without registering...I just would like a customer profile when someone buys from us. By the way, I am also using PayPal Express as an optional payment method...is it possible that by the time someone gets to the payment screen using CEON Manual Card, that customer info doesn' autofill vis a vis PayPal express?

Thanks for your help on this
    Phil

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried a test transaction to see if your cart is storing customer data? The way Zencart works by default, when a customer clicks on Checkout after placing items in the cart, he is taken to the Create Account page (if he isn't already logged in) to create his account. After that's done he will be taken to the Checkout Shipping page to start checkout. His customer information should be included in his order information and you should have a customer account in his name accessible in admin.

I've never used the Manual Card mod (and wouldn't, and wouldn't do business with you after you told me you're processing cards manually, but that's another thread), but if the customer created his account properly, I can't see why the payment method would matter.

I'd wait until it happens again (if ever) and go from there.