Plugin Contributions

Default Facebook and Twitter tracking code placement

this is likely a simple one but my brain just isnt getting around it at the moment.

I have 2 things im looking to achieve:

a twitter ad sending people to a specific category in the site to promote a new suppliers product (all in one category), and a facebook ad sending people to the account sign up page to register for the newsletter. I therefore need to put the facebook tracking code in the create_account_success file but facebook advises it should go just before the body closing tag of which their isnt one - do i assume anywhere at the end of the php is before the </body> or am i in the wrong file?? (and i assume i use the _success file in my template folder)

and the twitter code needs to be in the same position before the same closing tag, but i need this to be in the page that loads up when the customer clicks the image on twitter and reaches this page - http://www.energisecycles.co.uk/fram...c-1_97_99.html

any help appreciated

Regards

Damien

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Facebook and Twitter tracking code placement

Quote Originally Posted by 007mcfod View Post
    this is likely a simple one but my brain just isnt getting around it at the moment.

I have 2 things im looking to achieve:

a twitter ad sending people to a specific category in the site to promote a new suppliers product (all in one category), and a facebook ad sending people to the account sign up page to register for the newsletter. I therefore need to put the facebook tracking code in the create_account_success file but facebook advises it should go just before the body closing tag of which their isnt one - do i assume anywhere at the end of the php is before the </body> or am i in the wrong file?? (and i assume i use the _success file in my template folder)

and the twitter code needs to be in the same position before the same closing tag, but i need this to be in the page that loads up when the customer clicks the image on twitter and reaches this page - http://www.energisecycles.co.uk/fram...c-1_97_99.html

any help appreciated

Regards

Damien
    Don't know if anyone else is as confused as I am, but if I understand correctly you have applications that direct visitors to your site at specific access points and those applications have a way to tell if the visitor successfully made it to a desired point. When that point is reached that is when the code is supposed to be made available to report back about the "transaction".

Assuming that the code is html related, then it sounds like the pages identified would be appropriate. As for the proximity to the </body> tag, well, the closest to that is in the footer (assuming that it is loaded as a part of your template). Further, because the footer is shown on all pages, you would want to enclose the code in a check to see if the main_page (or appropriate variable on which I'm drawing a blank at the moment) is set to the desired value at which to display/send the call home code. Of course this would also be as a part of the templated version of the footer template file.

Just my two cents worth.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...