Plugin Contributions

Default customers can purchase more than is in stock because of different sizes??

Hi, I hope someone can help. I am attempting to help a friend setup a shop using Zen. All is going fine with this exception that makes the entire exercise fail. The scenario is that they have 7 of a certain dress is stock. Lets just say that there is 2 size 10, 4 size 12 and 1 size 14 in the total of 7 dresses in stock. On-line all looks great with a drop down for sizes and you can select size 14 and then select to purchase 7 items and they are put into the cart. There is 7 in stock but only 1 of the selected size, however Zen allows you to purchase 7 regardless. There was a plugin that seemed to fit the bill however it was for Zencart 1.5.1. Can anyone help with instructions on how to get round this problem or suggest an add-on that will work with the latest version of Zen?

Thanks

Warren

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customers can purchase more than is in stock because of different sizes??

Quote Originally Posted by wazm View Post
    Hi, I hope someone can help. I am attempting to help a friend setup a shop using Zen. All is going fine with this exception that makes the entire exercise fail. The scenario is that they have 7 of a certain dress is stock. Lets just say that there is 2 size 10, 4 size 12 and 1 size 14 in the total of 7 dresses in stock. On-line all looks great with a drop down for sizes and you can select size 14 and then select to purchase 7 items and they are put into the cart. There is 7 in stock but only 1 of the selected size, however Zen allows you to purchase 7 regardless. There was a plugin that seemed to fit the bill however it was for Zencart 1.5.1. Can anyone help with instructions on how to get round this problem or suggest an add-on that will work with the latest version of Zen?

Thanks

Warren
    If you look in the forum for stock by attributes that was last updated by potteryhouse (yeah like looking for the corner where that old store was...) A few pages back from the end is a beta version for ZC 1.5.3. There are a few minor issues withit, but it does work with 1.5.3.

Otherwise I think the only other generic solution is to split the products out and monitor stock individually unfortunately.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...