Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default version missmatch in admin after upgrade to 1.5.3

I was on 1.5.1 and after successfully performing the upgrade of the store files AND database I see this in admin:

Zen Cart 1.5.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.3

Version info at the top right also says 1.5.1 and is suggesting downloading 1.5.3.

PS I didn't post in the upgfrade section because there was no 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 sub.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: version missmatch in admin after upgrade to 1.5.3

Quote Originally Posted by plc613 View Post
    I was on 1.5.1 and after successfully performing the upgrade of the store files AND database I see this in admin:

Zen Cart 1.5.1
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.3

Version info at the top right also says 1.5.1 and is suggesting downloading 1.5.3.

PS I didn't post in the upgfrade section because there was no 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 sub.
    Please refer to posting guidelines above (when responding/writing a message), this is a typical result of incorrectly performing the file upgrade portion (potentially specifically not updating the file that indicates the software version of the cart). That is why there is an indication that it is of the older version with a new database, assuming other things such as configure.php file directories are correct/updated, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for replying but the reason I'm posting is because I didn't find a posting with the same symptoms.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for replying but the reason I'm posting is because I didn't find a posting with the same symptoms.
    I've come across similar postings but for different version upgrades. That is why the assistance provided was given. The data collected by ZC to identify the software version is taken directly out of a file. That file exists in previous versions. Sometimes when a merge upgrade is done, (method of upgrade was not provided as suggested in the posting guidelines), this file is incorrectly merged to keep the old information. It could also be that if files were instead uploaded without merge that the file was not overwritten for one reason or another. Regardless there is some question related to the file(s) that are supporting the current version that at least the version file is not correct. As a result of the version file still indicaating the previous version, you are seeing the indication(s) to upgrade.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I've come across similar postings but for different version upgrades. That is why the assistance provided was given. The data collected by ZC to identify the software version is taken directly out of a file. That file exists in previous versions. Sometimes when a merge upgrade is done, (method of upgrade was not provided as suggested in the posting guidelines), this file is incorrectly merged to keep the old information.
    Yes, it was a merge upgrade from 1.5.1

It could also be that if files were instead uploaded without merge that the file was not overwritten for one reason or another. Regardless there is some question related to the file(s) that are supporting the current version that at least the version file is not correct. As a result of the version file still indicaating the previous version, you are seeing the indication(s) to upgrade.
    Are you able to list said file(s) or point me to the general area where that file might live?

Plugin Contributions

Yes, it was a merge upgrade from 1.5.1

Are you able to list said file(s) or point me to the general area where that file might live?
    It lives in a little corner tree house off of includes/version.php. The 7th line of that file says not to manually edit the file, so hope you can find a way to fix it without manually editing it.

Plugin Contributions

:) okay. Editing the file is one thing but how do I certify that my store is sound? I ran a test transaction and everwthing seemed ok... Maybe I'll reupload thee files again and see if this rectifies itself. My concern is that this is an indication that things aren't right.

Plugin Contributions

:) okay. Editing the file is one thing but how do I certify that my store is sound? I ran a test transaction and everwthing seemed ok... Maybe I'll reupload thee files again and see if this rectifies itself. My concern is that this is an indication that things aren't right.
    Comparing the files on the server with a vanilla version of the same version of ZC that has been downloaded from this site, is one of the best ways to identify that allof the core files are correct. Comparing templated files against the default files will help further identify the accuracy. Differences should only exist where the cause is known such as a plugin, and even then ideally the changes made by the plugin should agree/match the current code.

There are tools that will compare in place (local to remote) and some that require local to local (requiring download of the server files). Beyond compare I think fits the first, and winmerge is a suggested program as well that will fit the second only.

Plugin Contributions

Comparing the files on the server with a vanilla version of the same version of ZC that has been downloaded from this site, is one of the best ways to identify that allof the core files are correct. Comparing templated files against the default files will help further identify the accuracy. Differences should only exist where the cause is known such as a plugin, and even then ideally the changes made by the plugin should agree/match the current code.

There are tools that will compare in place (local to remote) and some that require local to local (requiring download of the server files). Beyond compare I think fits the first, and winmerge is a suggested program as well that will fit the second only.
    Wow now it say I'm on version 2.0! Just kidding ;) second upload put everything inline. Thank you for your patience.

Plugin Contributions

Wow now it say I'm on version 2.0! Just kidding ;) second upload put everything inline. Thank you for your patience.
    Congratulations. Careful, there might be those that will ask how you were able to get that version.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast