Plugin Contributions

Default Additional images have disappeared & banner images aren't proportional

After the upgrade from 1.3.8, the additional images have disappeared and there are a lot of them on this site. Since this was a hacked site, I started with a totally new includes folder and added mods back in so no old coding is present at all. W

Mods installed do include zen lightbox and image handler. I have turned off and uninstalled those (and others) and it just looks like for some reason the additional images are turned off.

The setting in product_types layout is set to show the additional images. I believe I am correct that this is the only admin setting that can affect the additional images.

Other oddity is that the banner images (not sidebox - header and footer) are being held to a 200 x 200 size and not displayed proportionally. That one makes no sense at all.

I switched to the classic template and problems are still happening which makes me think there are admin settings at work here that might have been circumvented in the custom coding. What am I missing?
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional images have disappeared & banner images aren't proportional

The problem was so tiny - so minuscule - and one that I had never run into before. When I set up the configure file for the test upgrade, I had set the images folder to /images/ instead of /images. That setting got transferred into the new includes. Removing the front / fixed the issue. I don't know what is at work here because in reality the folder location is the same but just doesn't work with zen cart.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Additional images have disappeared & banner images aren't proportional

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    The problem was so tiny - so minuscule - and one that I had never run into before. When I set up the configure file for the test upgrade, I had set the images folder to /images/ instead of /images. That setting got transferred into the new includes. Removing the front / fixed the issue. I don't know what is at work here because in reality the folder location is the same but just doesn't work with zen cart.
    The path for say images is constructed from other paths before it, the website address is part of that ending without a slash, then the directory in which the cart is served (suggested to be at the root of the website address) which if at the root of the website address is simply a forward slash, if in a subdirectory begins and ends with a slash, then the path to say the images directory begins without a slash (because if the subdirectory is included there already is a slash) the same is true for the other subdirectories such as includes, no forward slash. In some cases the path created in the html presented code, just the reference directory is provided like src="images/xxxx.xxx" as a relative path. By adding the slash at the beginning either the path ends up with double forward slashes or as if from the root which could cause problems and is not how web addresses are to be formulated.

As to why those settings carried over, not sure if that was what you figured out or not, but one of those reasons to either carefully inspect the configure.php files or let ZC do the "hard" work during setup. :)

Glad you found the solution though!
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...