Plugin Contributions

Default New Items link on home page and date search calendar on advanced search page

How can I place a link on the home page of my site which returns new items for the current month.
    My new items section on the front page is limited to six items and I want customers to be able to see everything I've listed for the current month on a single page.

Also, is there some kind of modification I can do to put calendar dropdowns on the advanced search page?
    I think this is called a 'date picker'... like the one on the product entry page to enter the date available.
    Currently, if the date isn't written in the correct format in advanced search it gives an error. I want to make it easy for visitors to select a date.

Thank you
    Last edited by Joseph M; 4 Sep 2014 at 10:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Items link on home page and date search calendar on advanced search page

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph M View Post
    How can I place a link on the home page of my site which returns new items for the current month.
    My new items section on the front page is limited to six items and I want customers to be able to see everything I've listed for the current month on a single page.

Also, is there some kind of modification I can do to put calendar dropdowns on the advanced search page?
    I think this is called a 'date picker'... like the one on the product entry page to enter the date available.
    Currently, if the date isn't written in the correct format in advanced search it gives an error. I want to make it easy for visitors to select a date.

Thank you
    Both of those things can be done by typically mirroring existing code. Assuming that your template is not a modification of the default template, the new items link should be in one of your menu drop down options (at least is so in more recent versions of ZC, which I *highly* suggest upgrading to.) I would ask/suggest providing a link to your site for those that help to provide more specific guidance, but the version of ZC you are using is prone to security risks, so I recommend not posting it for that reason.

As for the date picker, if you can narrow down on what page it appears, you could use the developers toolkit to find the applicable code, and copy/paste that to the similar area on the desired page.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...