Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Error Message when trying to install new templates

Hi. Got my cart set up fine - all the way to the default green template for Zen Cart. Read up on how to install new templates. Did one or two and they weren't what I was looking for. Installed 3 or 4 more and am now getting these error messages in the log files (about 5 or 6 individual ones, all the same). Hope it's ok to post this info... But here it is...

[04-Sep-2014 16:43:01 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'nichola5_dropshipcart_wms.template_configuration_group' doesn't exist :: SELECT * FROM template_configuration_group ==> (as called by) /home1/nichola5/public_html/wmsstore/includes/init_includes/init_template_config.php on line 10 <== in /home1/nichola5/public_html/wmsstore/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 155

Please tell me what I did wrong and how I should fix it. Don't have a lot of knowledge on coding.

Thanks
    Brenda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error Message when trying to install new templates

Did you remove/uninstall the previous templates?

That error states the table was not created in the database. So the code that's trying to call for it... gets nothing.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Continuing with what twitchtoo said, (1) there's no such table as template_configuration_group in a standard Zen Cart release and (2) there's no such file /includes/init_includes/init_template_config.php either. Those files (and database table) must have been introduced by one of the templates you installed.

Which templates did you install? For the initial two that you didn't like, did you remove them?

Plugin Contributions

Uh-oh... No I didn't uninstall any of the ones I didn't like. Maybe I should uninstall all of them and start all over with installing the templates. Hopefully that would get rid of the errors in my log file (maybe?)

I want to use the Hope (Free Zencart Template) preferably or the Estore Now template.

Thanks
    Brenda

Plugin Contributions

Did the template in question include a SQL patch which you neglected to install?

Plugin Contributions

Oh, I don't know. I don't think so. But, where would that have been? Since I don't really know what I'm doing here and in no way know how to start looking for errors and patches.... Would it solve it for me to uninstall the templates and re-install them. (Where do you uninstall the templates, by the way).

Thanks
    Brenda

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msbfrnj View Post
    Oh, I don't know. I don't think so. But, where would that have been? Since I don't really know what I'm doing here and in no way know how to start looking for errors and patches.... Would it solve it for me to uninstall the templates and re-install them. (Where do you uninstall the templates, by the way).

Thanks
    Brenda
    Well, it's likely easier to dump Zen Cart and start over.

You could follow the uninstall procedures - if they exist.

You could endlessly try to communicate what's happening or what's wrong on the forum...

Or you could hire someone to do it all for you.

So assuming you were just adding templates to a fresh (vanilla) (clean) (manual) install of Zen Cart. Nothing is lost except time.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

could you please tell me how to uninstall the templates first please... (don't know if that's possible)

Also, when I am loading a new template (includes file), it asks for an overwrite. I agreed to it, because I read in one of the posts that the overwrite it's asking for doesn't really overwrite the other include's files. Is that true? Because there was a lot of overwriting requests when i was loading the other includes files.

Thanks
    Brenda
    Last edited by msbfrnj; 5 Sep 2014 at 07:45 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by msbfrnj View Post
    could you please tell me how to uninstall the templates first please... (don't know if that's possible)

Thanks
    Brenda
    Do the reverse of any of the code additions you made.

Occasionally if there are SQL statements provided they provide the 'uninstall SQL', if not you will need to know how to read SQL and determine what the script added or changed to your db.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

I agree with twitchtoo - the easiest thing to do now would be to delete your Zencart installation and start over. If the template includes a SQL patch, there will be a file with a .SQL extension. Any template worth using should also have a readme or other file containing instructions on how to install it. Uninstalling a template should just be a matter of removing the files that came with the template.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast