Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin rounding errors

I have an issue with rounding errors in admin using version 1.5.3.
    I thought these had been resolved in 1.5 but i've just tested a completely clean install of 1.5.3 using the same tax settings as the client site and there is indeed an issue.
    Tax is set at 20%. Product price including tax is 6.99 which when entered into Products Price (Gross) on the product entry page is automatically calculated as 5.825 in the Products Price (Net) entry field. Preview page changes this to 2 decimal places making it 5.83. Tax added to 5.83 is 7.00. Tax added to 5.825 is 6.99

The product list in admin shows the product as 7.00 as do any order pages and invoices. Store side shows the correct value of 6.99

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin rounding errors

Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    I have an issue with rounding errors in admin using version 1.5.3.
    I thought these had been resolved in 1.5 but i've just tested a completely clean install of 1.5.3 using the same tax settings as the client site and there is indeed an issue.
    Tax is set at 20%. Product price including tax is 6.99 which when entered into Products Price (Gross) on the product entry page is automatically calculated as 5.825 in the Products Price (Net) entry field. Preview page changes this to 2 decimal places making it 5.83. Tax added to 5.83 is 7.00. Tax added to 5.825 is 6.99

The product list in admin shows the product as 7.00 as do any order pages and invoices. Store side shows the correct value of 6.99
    This thread might give you a clue: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...94#post1254894

Plugin Contributions

Just looked at your thread. Interesting. I'll give your code changes a go and see if it resolves the issue.
    TBH, if this issue really has been around since 2008 it's ridiculous that a major flaw such as this has not been addressed!
    Devs, If this is the case, care to comment why this hasn't been resolved?

Plugin Contributions

I made the edits listed by frank18 to a vanilla 1.5.3 and it didn't fix the admin displayed price issue so further help is going to be needed.
    The store side is showing the correct price of 6.99 but admin stubbornly shows 7.00

Making the Net price only 2 decimal places wouldn't fix the problem as 20% tax on 5.82 is 6.984
    It will only work if it uses the full 5.825 value.
    It must be feasible as the store side can calculate it from the figure stored in the database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    I made the edits listed by frank18 to a vanilla 1.5.3 and it didn't fix the admin displayed price issue so further help is going to be needed.
    The store side is showing the correct price of 6.99 but admin stubbornly shows 7.00

Making the Net price only 2 decimal places wouldn't fix the problem as 20% tax on 5.82 is 6.984
    It will only work if it uses the full 5.825 value.
    It must be feasible as the store side can calculate it from the figure stored in the database.
    Did you also apply the change in admin/includes/functions/functions_prices.php ?

PHP Code:
    return number_format($blah_blah_variable2'.'''); 

Plugin Contributions

Searching through my live 1.5.3 site I noticed that I had made one other change in admin/functions/functions_prices.php

starting around line 90

PHP Code:
          if (!$special_price) { 
            return 
    number_format($sale_product_price2'.'''); // number_format changed from 4 to 2 decimals - frank18 

} else { 
            switch(
    $sale->fields['sale_specials_condition']){ 
              case 
                return 
    number_format($sale_product_price2'.'''); 
                break; 
              case 
                return 
    number_format($special_price2'.'''); 
                break; 
              case 
                return 
    number_format($sale_special_price2'.'''); 
                break; 
              default: 
                return 
    number_format($special_price2'.'''); 
            } 
          } 
    Didn't think that was relevant for your purpose as it deals with specials - but worth a try in your vanilla 1.5.3 installation

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to reinvigorate an old thread, but this still ranks well for 'zen cart admin price rounding'.

I encountered this issue today on 1.5.5, and my fix was as follows:

In /ADMIN-DIR/includes/functions/general.php, within the zen_add_tax function, change...

PHP Code:
    return zen_round($price$currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places']) + zen_calculate_tax($price$tax); 
    ...to...

PHP Code:
    return zen_round( ( $price zen_calculate_tax($price$tax) ), $currencies->currencies[DEFAULT_CURRENCY]['decimal_places'] ); 

Plugin Contributions

It does not work in my 1.55e shop. I enter the amount including 21% so the price is 25,00 euro. Once I go back into the product in admin it is then updated automatically to 25.0001
    This is giving my real issues in the gift certificate I sell for 25 euro.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bramf View Post
    It does not work in my 1.55e shop. I enter the amount including 21% so the price is 25,00 euro. Once I go back into the product in admin it is then updated automatically to 25.0001
    This is giving my real issues in the gift certificate I sell for 25 euro.
    That is only 100th of a cent out in the admin. You would need to sell 50 or more gift certs of 25 euro each to the same person in the same order for this to come into effect on your store front. Simple solution: don't worry about that 100th of a cent.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    That is only 100th of a cent out in the admin. You would need to sell 50 or more gift certs of 25 euro each to the same person in the same order for this to come into effect on your store front. Simple solution: don't worry about that 100th of a cent.
    Unfortunately as reported here as a new post with more information that 100th of a cent is apparently causing the customer to lose a full cent in the transaction.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast