Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: jQuery Scrolling Sideboxes [Support Thread]

As to overrides, if your YOUR_TEMPLATE folder has a "jscript" folder, then all lookups to template_default for "jscript" files will be completely ignored, and only your YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript folder will be used.
    So, it's quite possible that if this plugin relies on such files then yes you'd need to put those into YOUR_TEMPLATE instead of template_default.

But strictly speaking, for all the "sidebox" files (module and template), you don't strictly have to use an override folder, if you want the feature to apply regardless of which template you're using.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    As to overrides, if your YOUR_TEMPLATE folder has a "jscript" folder, then all lookups to template_default for "jscript" files will be completely ignored, and only your YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript folder will be used.
    So, it's quite possible that if this plugin relies on such files then yes you'd need to put those into YOUR_TEMPLATE instead of template_default.

But strictly speaking, for all the "sidebox" files (module and template), you don't strictly have to use an override folder, if you want the feature to apply regardless of which template you're using.
    Thanks, DrByte; you hit the nail on the head. I need to update the plugin's distribution to ensure that there's a copy of the /jscript/jscript_sidebox_slider.js file in the /YOUR_TEMPLATE/jscript directory. No need to move all other files out of template-default.

While I'm at it, I noticed that the readme doesn't indicate that you'll have to use the Layout Box controller to enable/place the sideboxes so I'll get that squished, too.

Thanks, @dbltoe, for the report and persistence in getting the issue corrected.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v2.0.0 of the plugin for review. This version:
    • Drops support for Zen Cart versions prior to 1.5.5.
    • Includes a template-override folder (YOUR_TEMPLATE) version of the jQuery script that performs the scrolling.
    • Removes the plugin's default jQuery load; your active template is "presumed" to include jQuery at this point!
    • Updates the readme to note that, like with all sideboxes, the Layout Boxes Controller must be run as part of the plugin's installation.

I'll post back here once the update is available from the Zen Cart plugins.

Plugin Contributions

v2.0.0 is now available for download.

Plugin Contributions

I've decided that nothing in life is absolute. I've got several sites working with this mod and one that won't cooperate. The other sites are mostly using the same mods with two using exactly the same mods.

On the other sites, the sideboxes shuffle through the proper items. On russianradiantsaDOTcom, the images do not change until a page change is done. The images flicker at the appointed time but do not change.

I've verified files, file placement, etc but still no image change.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if this is the issue, but ... I compared that site to the one that was having issues with EMP. The differences that I saw were that on the site that's having the jQuery Scrolling Sideboxes issue:

1. The console-log shows mixed-content loading blocked on a couple of .woff files.
    2. There's a stray </div> just above the parse-time-display HTML comment

My best guess is that both of those are playing into the root-cause of the site's issue.

Plugin Contributions

Turns out the stray div ships out-of-the-box in the responsive classic template. Both sites had it as both cloned the responsive_classic before modification.

I'll investigate the other further.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Turns out the stray div ships out-of-the-box in the responsive classic template. Both sites had it as both cloned the responsive_classic before modification.

I'll investigate the other further.

Turns out the extra </div> was actually the closing div for the MainWrapper. Might need it there after all. Continuing the look.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v2.1.0 to be reviewed by the plugin moderators and will post back when it's available for download (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1909).

This version "refactors" the plugin's files per PSR2 styling and provides additional "sanitization" needed for more recent versions of PHP and MySQL and is compatible with Zen Cart 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 variants.

Plugin Contributions

Could be a glitch in includes/modules/sideboxes/specials_scrolling.php. Am getting
    Code:
    [26-Apr-2019 20:38:34 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/******/public_html/155_new/includes/modules/sideboxes/specials_scrolling.php on line 10

[26-Apr-2019 20:38:34 UTC] Request URI: /155_new/index.php?main_page=index, IP address: 216.177.186.199
    --> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/******/public_html/155_new/includes/modules/sideboxes/specials_scrolling.php on line 10.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast