Plugin Contributions

Default Adding second language in Thai

I have zencart 1.5.1 store build already and would now like to add Thai as a second language. I've been searching online/forums but most information seems to either be specific problems, or isn't consistent between the zencart version and/or not entire answers. (ex, adding Thai, but no mention to if it's a second language or only in thai, etc)

Currently I can't write in Thai next to the English as a short term fix without getting question marks. I've set the php database to utf8_unicode, but not sure where to go from there.

Seeing how any posts are a couple years old and older version hoping there is a more direct answer to do this vs just fighting specific problems other people have been through until hopefully it works out in the end. Guess I'd like to do it right the first time if that make sense...

Greatly appreciate any pointers in the right direction. I've used Zencart multiple times, but this is the first language change I've had to do.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding second language in Thai

Small update

1. Downloaded the Thai 1.1 pack and got the files loaded into a website I installed real quick for a trial on an old domain. bangkokaerialphotography.com
    2. Turned on the Thai language in the admin and sidebox for customer selection
    3. The Thai text had ? marks within it so I updated the config files and English/Thai.php files to UTF-8 and checked them for UTF-8 without Bom using Notepad++
    4. After updating the UTF all the text changed ?? and à ¸‡

Any help as to what's causing the ?? and à ¸‡?? .

Plugin Contributions

I wish I could pinpoint the exact locations, but verify that all cases of whhere the language encoding is to be applied has been updated properly. In some cases utf-8, others utf8... Also that the database has been truly populated/set to be utf-8.m dr. Byte has a plugin to do a database conversion. It's in the plugins section.

Hopefully the solution to this can be posted back as it would make this thread relatively compact and useful. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I almost have this finished. Hopefully a quick answer and a little more work and I'll be able to reply with all the steps to do this properly in a rather short thread for anybody else attempting it.

Last question. I've got all the language files in, translated and working perfectly. However there are still a few links that show up in English even when viewing in Thai. (Ex, Shopping, Information and information links, Contact, Checkout, and all the footer links) Much of the information inside these links is translated correctly, but just the links themselves aren't. Any idea what file I can edit to get this finished up? Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mweeks View Post
    Small update

1. Downloaded the Thai 1.1 pack and got the files loaded into a website I installed real quick for a trial on an old domain. bangkokaerialphotography.com
    2. Turned on the Thai language in the admin and sidebox for customer selection
    3. The Thai text had ? marks within it so I updated the config files and English/Thai.php files to UTF-8 and checked them for UTF-8 without Bom using Notepad++
    4. After updating the UTF all the text changed ?? and à ¸‡

Any help as to what's causing the ?? and à ¸‡?? .
    Do you mean on the site or in the file?

If in the file, open the file in english, encode it to UTF-8 without BOM, then save. Open the file again, paste the Thai translation and save.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 1Mweeks View Post
    I almost have this finished. Hopefully a quick answer and a little more work and I'll be able to reply with all the steps to do this properly in a rather short thread for anybody else attempting it.

Last question. I've got all the language files in, translated and working perfectly. However there are still a few links that show up in English even when viewing in Thai. (Ex, Shopping, Information and information links, Contact, Checkout, and all the footer links) Much of the information inside these links is translated correctly, but just the links themselves aren't. Any idea what file I can edit to get this finished up? Thank you!
    Tools->EZ Pages Menu->Pages: These pages are not multi-language.

You have to install a plugin from the plugins section http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=36